Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 05:45 AM

1,685 posts, read 2,823,914 times

Advertisements

I met a guy from Finland who is also temporarily here in Namibia like I am, and he was always smiling at me but very distant and serious.... one time I approached him and offered to give him some of sun cream and introduced myself to him and he was very friendly and introduced himself to me as well (he has very light skin and here in Namibia the sun can be unforgiving) already have freckles on my shoulders because of it.

He smiled and told me it was fine he didn't need it, but then he was sunburnt after a few hours but I insisted, I actually told him if he doesn't put it on, I am gonna rub the lotion on him myself because I don't want to see him burn his delicate skin like that, he's so white he's gonna ruin his skin texture with the sun here!! he turned red right away but let me do it, so I rub some of my sun lotion on his back, shoulders and pectorals and even a bit on his nose and cheeks while he was sort of laughing about it.

Then we went out for a drive, and its not recommended for non-black women to go out alone at night, so I asked him if he wanted to come with me on the little jeep the ranch where we are staying has... (I can't drive standard vehicles, I only know how to drive automatic gears and the jeep is standard plus is one the wrong side and I don't know how to do that, it scares me), so he came along but was very very quiet and shy, I just thought he was anti-social or something

We drank Amarula which is sort of like Baileys and its quite popular here and then cold beers because is very hot and people always have cold beers at hand, so he got tipsy and opened up and told me that I am stunning and he can't stop thinking about me since he first saw me.... it took me off guard, but he thought all my welcoming and touching him, and offering to rub lotion on his shoulders was me being very interested in him (I think Colombians are like that, very direct and cross personal boundaries), so we have this culture clash here, but I told him that I needed some time to think about stuff.

Now he is acting very awkward towards me.... almost as if he doesn't want see me but I know he looks at me a lot

he is very handsome and I kinda like him, but I don't want something very serious I'll be here until September, so he will as well.

Is that type of behavior normal in Finland men? am I too touchy touchy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 05:54 AM

8,868 posts, read 8,343,718 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/perso...nish-stud.html

Figure it out yourself.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:55 AM

Ariete is so gorgeous.... but its not the Finnish guy in Namibia

it's interesting I just realized Ariete and the Finnish guy are both finish, I never thought about it.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:13 AM

24,205 posts, read 24,654,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Hah hah! I've already forgotten that one. No replies, so maybe I'll just delete it. ... Oh, I can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post

it's interesting I just realized Ariete and the Finnish guy are both finish, I never thought about it.
Well, duh. I would act in a bit different manner. But thank you for your kind words.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:13 AM

6,423 posts, read 7,204,961 times
Some are shy some aren't, just like men in any other country. But they do open up more after a few drinks and often become incredibly unshy. That kind of touching would be interpreted as a come-on - we don't touch strangers here.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:15 AM

9,980 posts, read 12,322,689 times
Yeah ALL are shy ALL are the same.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Some are shy some aren't, just like men in any other country. But they do open up more after a few drinks and often become incredibly unshy. That kind of touching would be interpreted as a come-on - we don't touch strangers here.
Oh but Colombians touch

this is a culture clash then.... he has a nice body so it was nice to rub lotion on his shoulders and chest heheehhee

Old 04-26-2015, 10:02 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,817,785 times
Quote:
Oh but Colombians touch

this is a culture clash then.... he has a nice body so it was nice to rub lotion on his shoulders and chest heheehhee
Well then touch him then and see what he does.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:03 PM

22,139 posts, read 29,453,523 times
Not as bad as Swedish men.. they seem like the biggest losers around.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:07 PM

8,868 posts, read 8,343,718 times
This thread has really given me a good laugh. Lol.

Quote:

Anyway you can always book a flight to Helsinki then take the train to Turku to try him out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe