Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gayfriendly destiantions
Gran Canaria (Spain) 2 22.22%
Tenerife (Spain) 1 11.11%
Barcelona (Spain), Example 4 44.44%
Sitges (Spain) 2 22.22%
Ibiza (Spain); Playa d' en Bossa 3 33.33%
Madrid (Spain); Chueca 3 33.33%
Mykonos (Greece) 2 22.22%
Lesvos (Greece) 0 0%
Santorini (Greece) 0 0%
Skiatos (Greece); Agia Paraskevi 0 0%
Athens (Greece); Gazi 0 0%
Viareggio (Italy); Torre del Lago Puccini 0 0%
Gallipoli (Italy) 0 0%
Catania (Italy) via Alessi 0 0%
Taormina (Italy) 0 0%
Paris (France); le marais 1 11.11%
Berlin (Germany); Schonerberg 2 22.22%
London (uk); Soho 3 33.33%
Rome (Italy); near the Colisieum 0 0%
Prague (Czech Republic); Vinohrady 0 0%
Amsterdam (Netherlands) 6 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 09:24 AM

96 posts, read 106,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikebxl View Post
It is a cultural thing. Imo Italy is still taking the Vatican and the Catholic Church too seriously, and it has still an enormous influence over many cultural behaviours and social standards in Italy. In Spain since Franco's death in 1975 the process has been just the opposite, trying to cut down or reject Church influence in the public sfere.
I think church has nothing to do with it.
Also atheists and those always accusing church..will tell you PDA is just desrespectful..not that They will look bad at who does this.. But we think PDA is just exibisionim and or unnecessary/exagerated.. I don't like kissing my boyfriend out in the street where people could see me and stare at me..kiss is just too personally and is more sexy done in private
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 09:47 AM

Here I found this commercial of my region to promote gay tourism; seems like my region is aiming to become a Gayfriendly destination

http://youtu.be/tzkVDJXlzTI

Old 04-29-2015, 10:00 AM

2,651 posts, read 3,406,093 times
Gay and lesbian travel - Wikitravel
Quote:
Likely the most relaxed about gay and lesbian travel and people should have little problems. UK, Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, Denmark, Finland, Belgium and Spain are likely the most accepting. Travellers should bear in mind, that - in general - the further east you go, the less tolerant it is. Ibiza, Gran Canaria, Sitges (all in Spain) and Mykonos (Greece) are the hottest gay holiday destinations that Europe has to offer.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:24 AM

http://www.spartacusworld.com/gaytravelindex.pdf

Best: Sweden, United Kingdom
Worst: (Somalia in absolute), in Europe: Russia

overall good (0>score) Sweden, Uk, Belgium, Netherlands, France, Denmark, Iceland, Norway, Spain, Finland, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Gibraltar, Andorra, Austria, Portugal, Czech Republic, Estonia, Ireland, Slovenia, Malta, Hungary, Liechtenstein, Bulgaria, Croatia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Slovakia, Montenegro, Romania

Medium (0 score): Italy ; Greece Albania, Cyprus, Kosovo, Latvia, Poland

Bad (0<score) Monaco San Marino moldova macedonia lithuania serbia Ukraine Vatican city russia

Last edited by CultureStrenght; 04-29-2015 at 10:45 AM..

Old 04-29-2015, 10:53 AM

309 posts, read 257,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CultureStrenght View Post
Well..to be truth in Italy you don't see any ethero couple at all kissing with the tongue in the streets. Has it to do with anything cultural?

Well..what I think..to me public displays of affection of etheros too like French kissing are desrespectful to other people. That s what us Italians think about it
I do not see many hetero couples French kissing in the streets in Germany either. I did not see many in the Netherlands, Belgium and Sweden. I saw plenty on the streets and public transit in Russia though. A lot of groping too.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:53 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,980,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiegendesLicht View Post
I do not see many hetero couples French kissing in the streets in Germany either. I did not see many in the Netherlands, Belgium and Sweden. I saw plenty on the streets and public transit in Russia though. A lot of groping too.
Even here in Australia I do not see many hetero couples French kissing in the streets as well.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:56 AM

13,480 posts, read 9,020,662 times
Here in Malta, despite being a staunchly Catholic country, it is pretty "Gay Friendly".

A year ago same sex unions became legal, giving gay couples the right to "marry" & have the same legal rights as heterosexual married couples. Also it is now legal for gay couples to adopt...

In the news here recently a Catholic priest made headlines for blessing a gay couples engagement rings at their commitment ceremony, backlash was expected from the Archbishop of Malta, but he actually encouraged the priest to continue his outreach to the gay community, so even the stuffy old Catholic church is coming into the 21st century (well some of them at least)...

Several of these rainbow coloured crossings have appeared around Malta in recent months too in support of gay pride

Old 05-01-2015, 11:05 AM

I support gay union. My country should take example from his neighbour malta.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:09 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CultureStrenght View Post
I support gay union. My country should take example from his neighbour malta.
Not seems to you that society too is actively discussing this issue? Why draw attention to these people and make them heroes. This is stupid. Heroes - is doctors, teachers, military, police, etc. Why did you make the heroes of the gay and maintain their unions?

Old 05-01-2015, 12:13 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
^^ What an odd post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe