Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2015, 04:15 PM

676 posts, read 988,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Why?

why will Russia collapse into internal chaos in the next 15 years ?

oh boy
let's see now

Aggression and Military Build-up - Russia continues to build up its military and keeps re-arming itself against NATO, it continues to maintain (or tries to) pro-Moscow governments in post soviet states, take Ukraine or Georgia for example (even if this means using violence)

Russia is in the present day, a threat to NATO
and as Russia keeps getting boxed in by NATO, as it did in Ukraine
it will become more aggressive and violent leading it to worsen it's relations with western countries, who will want to cause chaos in Russia and undermine it's government

Economy - your economy is about to hit the ****ter, these sanctions are only the start, as your little pissing contest with the west gets bigger, we will damage you more and more, your economic reliance on oil isn't very good either, countries are starting to move way from oil based energy and your oil reserves cant last forever either. Not to mention how poor the average Russian is, and how much economic inequality there is between the rich and poor, it wont last. Also your terrible infrastructure limits major economic expansion

Internal Politics - Putin cant stay in power forever, his authoritarian dictatorship wont last and his political part wont either, Russians will want free elections and they will want to have a better and more 'free' government, the massive protests you had are only the start

Demographics - The Russian population will loose millions of people, and as ethnic Russians drop in numbers, your minorities will rise demographically, ethnic groups like the tartars and Chechens will eventually break away from Moscow's grip, this population decline will shrink your economy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
A year ago Ukraine said the same thing...

no, Ukraine never said the same thing

and you cant compare Poland to Ukraine in any way, Poland has an economy 5times bigger than Ukraine, while having 5,000,000 less people

Old 05-02-2015, 04:19 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,836,374 times
Quote:
Your status: "Proud ""Fascist""" And I suppose, that you think it's funny. Germany again took himself stupid allies.
Yes, I'm laughing my Å¡opu off. If Putler and Kimmy meet, who do you think will bed whom to forge this new alliance? I tend to think Kimmy is gonna be the dominant one and Putler will have his gavno pushed back.

Old 05-02-2015, 04:22 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,790,340 times
Quote:
Your status: "Proud ""Fascist""" And I suppose, that you think it's funny. Germany again took himself stupid allies.
I know what it means, but wonder why he put it there. I have been called (not here) a "green euronazi", maybe I should put that as my status.

Old 05-02-2015, 04:38 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,614,383 times
Re: "Please, would you like to specify what you mean with Eastern Europe (which countries), and what you mean with the European Union vs Eurasian Union? Which countries pondering both possibilities do you have in mind? Because there isn't currently such an example"

Yes I should note what the reference points are.

EU's the current Euro lineup I think 28. The compositions of 'EE' I am using are the former 'bloc' countries that were formerly under occupation. The Eurasian Union is Putin's setup which includes perhaps Turkey, China and India.

Some EE states are tied a bit more to the West and to the EU than others say in theur adoption of democratic parameters. Others have 'reprogrammed' themselves to deal with the changes occurring in Europe by working with the former 'comrades' on some trade issues.

I believe the area is in flux and Ukraine of course is on the 'docket' with all them. Russia always wants'em paying close attention to what it's doing as it plays its hands all the time. Even though they lost the Cold War they can still bite.

Seems that a Finnish media company which owned about a third of a Russian 'most influential' business newspaper Vedomosti sold its stake. They had to since Russia changed their foreign ownership limit to 20%. Just interesting in that the paper usually did investigative pieces and gave contrary opinion on the Russian government. The 'new'reporting will be interesting to see under the new Russian owner.

Old 05-02-2015, 04:40 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,226,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius Sirius View Post
Aggression and Military Build-up - Russia continues to build up its military and keeps re-arming itself against NATO, it continues to maintain (or tries to) pro-Moscow governments in post soviet states, take Ukraine or Georgia for example (even if this means using violence)

Russia is in the present day, a threat to NATO
and as Russia keeps getting boxed in by NATO, as it did in Ukraine
it will become more aggressive and violent leading it to worsen it's relations with western countries, who will want to cause chaos in Russia and undermine it's government
NATO does so since its establishment, not stop for a second. Nothing new.

Quote:
Economy - your economy is about to hit the ****ter, these sanctions are only the start, as your little pissing contest with the west gets bigger, we will damage you more and more, your economic reliance on oil isn't very good either, countries are starting to move way from oil based energy and your oil reserves cant last forever either. Not to mention how poor the average Russian is, and how much economic inequality there is between the rich and poor, it wont last. Also your terrible infrastructure limits major economic expansion
Russia 70 years lived in a state of ideological war. Russian economy is able to handle the load, as well as people. Can Europe survive without Russian gas, aluminum and titanium? Will the Europe to make it for the sake Poland? Of course not. The sanctions will be removed very quickly.

Quote:
Internal Politics - Putin cant stay in power forever, his authoritarian dictatorship wont last and his political part wont either, Russians will want free elections and they will want to have a better and more 'free' government, the massive protests you had are only the start
Putin will be replaced by another person with a similar style of management. This is not a problem.

Quote:
- The Russian population will loose millions of people, and as ethnic Russians drop in numbers, your minorities will rise demographically, ethnic groups like the tartars and Chechens will eventually break away from Moscow's grip, this population decline will shrink your economy
Russian will remain the titular nation for a long time, since they constitute the overwhelming percentage of the population country.

Old 05-02-2015, 04:45 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,614,383 times
Re: "Hospitality, lack of individualism, which is nothing else than selfishness, egoism. Being real, expressing the way you really feel, on the contrary to the West (especially anglosaxon countries) where you have to act all the time. Strong family ties"

Great qualities! But I think they are found in the West as well. I'd suggest we go deeper much deeper on the how government rule and ideology extends into the lives of the population and how it affects them especially their thinking. I think we have to remember they've been dragged through the mud and that's an understatement.

Old 05-02-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
NATO does so since its establishment, not stop for a second. Nothing new.

Russia 70 years lived in a state of ideological war. Russian economy is able to handle the load, as well as people. Can Europe survive without Russian gas, aluminum and titanium? Will the Europe to make it for the sake Poland? Of course not. The sanctions will be removed very quickly.

Putin will be replaced by another person with a similar style of management. This is not a problem.

Russian will remain the titular nation for a long time, since they constitute the overwhelming percentage of the population country.

wait and see comrade
wait and see

the only valid point you make is that Europe needs your oil and Gas, this is yet another reason as to why they are just going to exploit you and divide your nation, when Russia falls into internal chaos, foreign companies will come in and take advantage of the situation

I personally think the decline of Russia is sad, but Eastern Europe needs to move forward and we should let history take its course

I'd love to see Moscow, before the chaos starts to engulf Russia

Old 05-02-2015, 04:59 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,226,536 times
Quote:
wait and see comrade
wait and see
In this I agree with you, my dear Slavic brother.

Old 05-02-2015, 05:02 PM

Quote:
In this I agree with you, my dear Slavic brother.
well, if Poland ever replaces Russia as a superpower, at least it would still be Slavic !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe