Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 04:16 PM

676 posts, read 988,936 times

Advertisements

the only reason people are obsessed with Scandinavia is because so many Scandinavians have blonde hair and blue eyes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 11:56 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,698,021 times
I would say people should stop thinking scandinavia as a one. Scandinavia contains many different countries with different traditions, folklores and ways. Sometimes people are proud to make a difference of each others. Also they support different personal views. Not forget the changes among people who are moving in.

It is sad to see people insulting scandis in this and other threads , moderators forgot there are also black skinned born in scandinavia nowadays? But apparently black skinned scandis are free to insult, are they only black skinned americans and originals which to not insult?

I have seen whites are free target to insult. How about moderators would clean this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
I do not think Scandinavia is for you. The region is just too uncivilized for an American.

Viking blood
How come it is ok to insult scandis as they would be uncivil? Because they are whites? Original top of the whites, lol

Look at Norway for example, it is a top country of many things
Norway is the best country in the world to be a mom; U.S. slips to 33rd

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.2210651

Viking blood?

Old 05-10-2015, 06:36 AM

401 posts, read 534,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
I would say people should stop thinking scandinavia as a one. Scandinavia contains many different countries with different traditions, folklores and ways. Sometimes people are proud to make a difference of each others. Also they support different personal views. Not forget the changes among people who are moving in.

It is sad to see people insulting scandis in this and other threads , moderators forgot there are also black skinned born in scandinavia nowadays? But apparently black skinned scandis are free to insult, are they only black skinned americans and originals which to not insult?

I have seen whites are free target to insult. How about moderators would clean this thread?

How come it is ok to insult scandis as they would be uncivil? Because they are whites? Original top of the whites, lol

Viking blood?
That poster is Norwegian, he is trying to insult an American.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:22 AM

39 posts, read 72,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post

Viking blood?
True that.

Norwegians meet american ignorance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHLjis_WUP0

Old 05-10-2015, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius Sirius View Post
the only reason people are obsessed with Scandinavia is because so many Scandinavians have blonde hair and blue eyes
They are uneducated people who don't know what they are talking about.

NORWAY - OSLO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUqIPVGGLac

Old 05-10-2015, 08:54 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius Sirius View Post
So do the Dutch and the Poles, but you don't see people obsessing over them.

Old 05-10-2015, 09:16 AM

Another thing that uneducated americans don't know is that Norway at one time in history used to be the 3rd largest shipping nation with tops during the 1960s and 70s. Much of the shipping were to south America were lots of the crew used to run away and never come back because they found a nice girl to stay with. Others again used to bring their new girlfriend back to Norway. Typical harbors to sail from in Norway were Oslo and Bergen. Norwegians these days are to lazy to work on any boat. The norwegian shipping adventure probably ended sometimes during the late 90s.

Some norwegians with south american heritage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAb-fowF1Vc

Old 05-10-2015, 09:52 AM

221 posts, read 343,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM-MY View Post
Typical harbors to sail from in Norway were Oslo and Bergen. Norwegians these days are to lazy to work on any boat.
Plenty of Norwegians still want to work on these boats, but the owners go for cheaper labour from Asia instead.

Old 05-10-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakral View Post
Plenty of Norwegians still want to work on these boats, but the owners go for cheaper labour from Asia instead.
It will never be the same again. Those old school sailers were hardcore workers who used to have nothing and had to really work for their living. Many started their work career at the age of 15.

Old 05-10-2015, 11:28 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
One thing I've noticed about Americans is how they say "I am Irish", "I am Dannish", "I am Greek" despite the fact that...they are not.

For instance, when I was in Greece once I was talking to this guy who said that "he is Greek" yet in reality he had American passport and not Greek one, he didn't speak any Greek and this was his first time in Greece. So he was 100% American.

But I guess if your grand-grand-grand x10 father is greek...you're greek then.

Fine - I am Iranian then (never been there, can't speak iranian too).
Well, they actually are because of DNA. However, to answer your question, Americans are constantly told that we can't claim to be "American" (in the sense of what we are) if we aren't 100% Native American. Despite the fact that most of my ancestors came here hundreds of years ago (except my Finnish great-grandfather in the early 1900s) before the U.S.A. was a country, people would still say that I can't claim to "be American" in that sense. I don't think it works that way in other countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe