Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 11:07 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,564,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You completely missed the part where the Original Poster clearly stated they do not want a job, they do not want to take responsibility for themselves and their needs.
They want to move to a country and immediately go on that country's welfare roles because
"they are lazy" (their words).

So your suggestion for them to get a job is not what they want to read.
Read more carefully the first message:
Quote:
Originally Posted by transientsalmon View Post
I might be fine with some manual labor, though I will never have a full time job because it goes against my constitutional laziness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 11:10 AM

1,071 posts, read 1,259,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARPATHIAN View Post
If you can live without relatives and in a very different culture (something more chaotic and agressive but also more relaxed in regard of regulations), and find a job, ofcourse you can. There are western people who moved here, attracted exactly by culture, but some wouldn't like, except as travel experience. I can help you by trying to find a job that would match your professional background and preferences, so you can give me more details, maybe by pm. If you have an invitation from a company, I think you can be accepted for immigration.
Interesting. So, in what way is your culture "chaotic and aggressive"?

Old 05-16-2015, 12:33 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,564,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattledog69 View Post
Interesting. So, in what way is your culture "chaotic and aggressive"?
Less organised, more primitive. People (especially in Bucharest) resemble somehow the Muslim in verbal (and sometimes physical) agressiveness commited in order to preserves one's "honour" or to present him as macho. That means, e.g., that on roadside there are often one or more "horn duels" at the same time (a driver horns other one in order to "punish" him and that one responds with a horn too and the first horns again and so on), or curses between drivers etc.

Old 05-17-2015, 08:12 AM

449 posts, read 640,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
OP is...total troll

For sure, smell so fake !

Old 05-17-2015, 08:31 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times
Man, the threads that get started here.

Old 05-17-2015, 05:15 PM

149 posts, read 207,138 times
0P is not a troll... 0P is just a massive idiot, on a massive journey of self undiscovery in the 21st century

also...living in a competitive culture, 9-5 is something of a conundrum. That and the stress of transport, motorways and tramlines causes 0P to become reclusive and bleak about life

Last edited by transientsalmon; 05-17-2015 at 05:26 PM..

Old 05-18-2015, 11:11 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,701,596 times
It sounds to me the OP is suffering from a kind of depression judging by the way he writes things

Old 05-19-2015, 04:12 PM

659 posts, read 940,564 times
Quote:
0P is not a troll... 0P is just a massive idiot, on a massive journey of self undiscovery in the 21st century

also...living in a competitive culture, 9-5 is something of a conundrum. That and the stress of transport, motorways and tramlines causes 0P to become reclusive and bleak about life
OP you're a free spirit.
My sister-in-law's brother is a bum.
He graduated college with a degree in Fine Arts just to say that he's college educated.
He then got a van and is now living off of it. He drives to different states and cities, only takes jobs when he runs out of money for food, water, etc.

He basically only works when he needs to, he doesn't work to have any savings or for a house or for a retirement, etc. He just works when he NEEDS to and then when he saves enough money for it to last a year, he quits his job and lives off of his income until his money runs out again.

Sounds like a tried and true vagabond life if you ask me.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:04 PM

149 posts, read 207,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabiya View Post
OP you're a free spirit.
My sister-in-law's brother is a bum.
He graduated college with a degree in Fine Arts just to say that he's college educated.
He then got a van and is now living off of it. He drives to different states and cities, only takes jobs when he runs out of money for food, water, etc.

He basically only works when he needs to, he doesn't work to have any savings or for a house or for a retirement, etc. He just works when he NEEDS to and then when he saves enough money for it to last a year, he quits his job and lives off of his income until his money runs out again.

Sounds like a tried and true vagabond life if you ask me.
well a vagabond life still contains the american spirit which is exactly the type of spirit that I'm troubled by. I'm cultivating a spirit of preservation which is more of a european thing right? because they want to preserve their culture and history and buildings...and people. Does America really care about preserving their people? seems like they would rather have everyone liquidated. And I don't want to live on the road...I want to live off the gov't and sleep in a comfortable bed and not be troubled by the woes of a society that is in motion constantly. Everything is in motion, which I can't stand. I want to live a fixed, european esque life

By the way, my adventure is over. I'm done travelling probably forever. I'm going to contain my efforts within the area that I know and I was born in. Maybe someday there will be an exception. I'm still going to drive into canada soon and see how that goes. I might be able to get a job out there...I think I'm troubled by north america though. It's obviously not as developed as say Germany is, and there is more work to be done I think...things aren't running as smoothly, maybe the climate is a factor. Um...yea north america. I plan on trying canada next because it's not far from where I am right now. If that fails then I'll try a small college town an hour from where my mom lives and pretty much vibe there for all eternity or until some artistic project rakes in enough funds for me to get out this country. I think thats my plan, we'll see how it turns out, probably not well. Life is bleak, la vie est sombre

Old 05-20-2015, 06:44 AM

324 posts, read 467,628 times
Quote:
(I know a moderator is going to want to delete this thread, or close it...but could we please keep it open for dialogue because I really want to know if this is possible)

I know it's offbeat and slightly offensive territory to the hardworking folks who support themselves or their families. But I would feel good to just get a few responses on whether this sort of thing is possible, because I'm truly wondering and I truly have a very bleak outlook on life which causes me to be very pessimistic. And the American dream is really out of touch for me and I'm feeling quite lost. I might head to New England and try to start anew there. But even so, it's still the competitive US, constant productivity, cars...a lackluster welfare system that expects people to work long hours. I can't deal. I need a solid welfare system, and a solid system of public transportation and a country that won't expect me to be on the grind all the time. Plus leaving the US and going to a European country would be a great adventure, and a successful life

But okay...my question is: can I just head into the netherlands or any EU country (Finland, Norway...any of them, crappy or otherwise), and try to live their for 90 days, and then try to get some help from their welfare system to stay permanently? I know this is 'illegitimate' but is it possible? My question is not whether it is right or wrong--I know it's mostly wrong. My question is just whether it is possible.

And I'll just go on about my bleakness a little bit here so that people know I'm not trolling. I'm a happily lazy person, and I have a bleak outlook on modern life. I really like laying around all day, napping, reading books, going online, playing guitar...and I might be fine with some manual labor, though I will never have a full time job because it goes against my constitutional laziness. I move very slowly, I will never own a car in my life, and the American lifestyle is totally out of reach for me. My only chance of happiness in the American continent is to move to a secluded small town, (which is actually what I'm planning on trying next.) But moving forward, I don't ever plan on marrying, or procreating and I think a lot of people work hard in order to support their family, whereas I would just be one guy coming to EU...no family, no baggage claims

But anyway if we could start the dialogue, not about whether this is right or wrong, or morally reprehensible, but whether it would be possible to show up without a job and try and live off of the welfare of a welfare state/country like netherlands, Poland or finland...or any of them. I guess they're not all ''welfare'' states...I think Sweden is...but would really like to know if this is possible. And again...not right or wrong--I know it's wrong
You need to get your life together. This is a loser's mentality.

I think you would feel much better about yourself and your life if you acquired some useful skills/education and found a way to support yourself.

The American dream is not out of reach for anyone without some serious disability. You can get it if you want it, but you will have to work hard for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe