Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2015, 02:00 AM

19 posts, read 14,970 times

Advertisements

I know rent ain't cheap in Norway but I wanna live there. So what is the cheapest rent I can get to be within 20min drive or bus ride from a store for food? No matter the size or other things, I just want to not see cracked walls and not hear my neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 09:20 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,535,684 times
To what country are you a citizen of right now?

I'm looking at your other posts, and you will probably not ever make do with €1000 per month in Norway.

You also can't just go there without reason and documents justifying them. Same for Canada.

Old 06-16-2015, 04:39 PM

19 posts, read 14,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
To what country are you a citizen of right now?

I'm looking at your other posts, and you will probably not ever make do with €1000 per month in Norway.

You also can't just go there without reason and documents justifying them. Same for Canada.
Eh right.. Latvian. Isn't "i wanna live there" a justifying reason though? And isn't there then any cheaper way to live in Norway? If I was to share apartment for example? Or anything else?

Old 06-16-2015, 04:52 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,535,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowylover View Post
Eh right.. Latvian. Isn't "i wanna live there" a justifying reason though? And isn't there then any cheaper way to live in Norway? If I was to share apartment for example? Or anything else?
Well, I checked Numbeo, which isn't the be-all-end-all resource of the cost of anything, but for an index it tells me that a 1 bedroom apartment in Oslo, for example, will run you well over €1200 outside the city centre. So given that it seems like your grand total budget is €1000, that won't work. Probably outside of Oslo well into the wilderness will be considerably cheaper, but I mean at best you'd have a couple of room mates and not much money left over for food and whathaveyou.

Sure, ideally you wouldn't need to justify an international move to any bureaucrat, but we unfortunately don't live in that reality. But since you are Latvian, you live in the EU and wouldn't need to do much other than find a source of income were you to move to Norway. Canada is a different story.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:14 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,187,014 times
You can rent a place 40-45 min outside of Oslo by car or a very small apartment in Oslo and the surrounding areas.

Check out Finn. I am not sure if it is avaliable in English.
FINN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe