Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 11:18 AM

1,071 posts, read 1,260,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Well I can see their point of view. In this country it's common for people not to join the queue and go way up to the end of the road and try and slip in.

Me and my parents refuse to let people like that in, join the queue at the back, we've waited for a long time.
Yeah? Well then maybe you and your parents are just as childish as the ones that annoy you so much. You've waited such a looong time oh my god and now you have to wait 1/2 second again? what a disaster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 11:19 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,260,330 times
No. It's like queue jumpers, why let them into the line? They should just wait their turn like everyone else.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
No. It's like queue jumpers, why let them into the line? They should just wait their turn like everyone else.
Geez, well i dunno? Maybe because not letting them in is childish and annoying and causes fights and with that maybe accidents? Is it worth someone getting injured over something that stupid as a line to get in?

Old 07-22-2015, 11:35 AM

Someone else will let them in.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:25 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,188,270 times
Quote:
On a daily basis in our car people will do one of the following:

1. Try and overtake us and race us because we've got a powerful car. (They always fail, it's so funny).
What type of car do you drive? Must be something recognizable. An acquaintance of mine drives a Telsa Model S P85D (0-60 mph in 3.2 sec). People try to race him all the time. It is ridiculous

Old 07-22-2015, 12:28 PM

Audi A4. But when we had a Porsche it was crazy.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:32 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Or you could go in front like they did. It's wasting the roadspace to merge in early. Merge at the end!

Zipper Merge

Old 07-24-2015, 04:07 PM

Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,094 posts, read 3,575,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattledog69 View Post
Yes a big amount of Germans go on holidays in Zeeland every year, so in summer time there's easily 40% or more German cars on that route. Lot of people here think Germans drive like crazy because they don't have a speed limit on the autobahn, but actually they're very abiding drivers.
Lots of time I took the autobahn through Germany on holidays and they drive at very high speeds indeed, but as soon as there is a speeding limit, they all go back to 120 km/hr or what ever the limit is. And the only ones that didn't respect the speed limit and kept going the same speed were Dutch...
Funny things about Dutch and Belgian drivers is how some of them become really slow, fear and scared when driving in very montanious narrow roads, like, for instance, in the Alps mountains.
I've never seen such thing, but someone told me that after his holidays in Switerzland.
Anyway, I guess that an average Dutch driver getting around its entire life driving in the never-ending flat Dutch landscapes may experience a strong feeling when driving through the Alps from the first time.

What dou you think, mate?

Old 07-25-2015, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrive1979 View Post
Funny things about Dutch and Belgian drivers is how some of them become really slow, fear and scared when driving in very montanious narrow roads, like, for instance, in the Alps mountains.
I've never seen such thing, but someone told me that after his holidays in Switerzland.
Anyway, I guess that an average Dutch driver getting around its entire life driving in the never-ending flat Dutch landscapes may experience a strong feeling when driving through the Alps from the first time.

What dou you think, mate?
Haha, I guess that's true We're not used to driving in such conditions at all.The biggest "mountain" we have is a 300 m hill so that's not much for practicing.
I'm not a really a slow driver but sometimes i was completely flabbergasted about how fast some natives drive on mountain roads, and even overtake in bends were there's hardly any vision for what comes from the other side. And i don't think it always goes well, when i see all the car wracks laying 300 m below

Old 07-25-2015, 06:54 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,291,749 times
I remember once spending a weekend in the Alps, near the Italian / french Border and close to a road that goes above the mountain. This is the road to the Galibier mountain, above 2500 m I believe.

It's not far from the Frejus tunnel.

It was late october, so at this point of the year the upper side of the road that led to the Italian border was closed because it was covered in snow, and only the beginning of the road (where we were staying) was open.

We saw a car coming with a dutch plate, and asked us in English how to get to the other side of that mountain range because they had seen a sign that the road was closed and had simply followed the directions provided by the GPS.

We just answered that they had to turn back, drive down to Grenoble and take another road starting from the lower part of the valley where they wanted to go, which would take approximately 3 hours.

Of course, GPS and Dutch people are not necessarily aware that mountain roads may be closed from october to may or june.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe