Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is more vibrant- inner Madrid or Paris?
Inner Madrid 13 37.14%
Paris 19 54.29%
too close to call 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 11:35 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
You are as out of date on this one as you are on everything else.
Given that your own source doesn't support your claim, I'll take your criticism in stride.

Sorry, but Paris wins! London cannot match up with Paris in terms of tourist appeal.

And Bangkok? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 11:36 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuomiReader View Post
It's remarkable how in a thread comparing Paris and Madrid, someone from London manages to place a London-über-alles comment. Insecurity much?
London is a very secure city, except when it comes to NYC or Paris.

Then it becomes a deeply insecure city, almost always, because those who know London well know it can't match up well to those two (though for different reasons).

Old 07-29-2015, 11:48 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
London isn't part of this thread, however.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:16 PM

570 posts, read 604,894 times
It is impossible to talk about in this thread is more vibrant Madrid or Paris

A forist insists on discussing London

Another forista on the Louvre Museum

Another forista on want to discuss whether bulls

Another likes to Talk about Who has more Tourists London or Paris

It seems not interested in this thread. Why not because these threads do not star

I would love to talk about the museums and Palaces etc of Madrid and Paris.But please do not keep talking about other Things but lovers of Paris sould surrender in this tread about whether Madrid is more vibrant Paris.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:31 PM

I love to discover to Madrid .

Paris is he city of Holiwood and the vast majority american adore.And they Know almost nothing of Madrid
For example my experiencie tells me that they do not know that the Palace of Versailles is smaller than the Royal Palace.
And a lot smaller than of Escorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41QmgvAJkic
https://www.google.es/search?q=foto+...FQvucgodhEIO4A

I ve fallen into the same sin speak something other than if more Vibrant Madrid or Paris ja ja.-

Old 07-30-2015, 03:12 AM

Most of those who score to Paris as more vibrant than Madrid sure than either are old or do not Know Madrid-

I love Paris but is THE WORLD OF YESTERDAY.YESTERDAY S WORLD.

Vibrant = youth,joy,movement on the street.

This.-
VIDEO: La Cabalgata de Reyes Magos en Madrid, España - turismo

Old 07-30-2015, 03:31 AM

John Fincher

Because I m sure many more people know Paris better than Madrid.
Surely you just think about it.
Sorrey to bother you with my vidios.
If no interested in other people not pure more

Old 07-30-2015, 05:38 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,872,814 times
Did any of those Paris lovers experienced the (self-proclaimed) city of light in winter ? gloomy grey "gothic winter" with dark dressed, gloomy figures hastening their peace to flee home the cold, damp weather . Suffice it to say that the experience of jumping in a plane and landing at Barajas (Madrid) is like coming from darkness to light : suddenly one sees a bright blue sky! even if the temperature is not tropical warm, the only fact to see the sun and blue skies is heart warming and morale enhancing!

Old 07-30-2015, 05:43 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,191,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Did any of those Paris lovers experienced the (self-proclaimed) city of light in winter ? gloomy grey "gothic winter" with dark dressed, gloomy figures hastening their peace to flee home the cold, damp weather . Suffice it to say that the experience of jumping in a plane and landing at Barajas (Madrid) is like coming from darkness to light : suddenly one sees a bright blue sky! even if the temperature is not tropical warm, the only fact to see the sun and blue skies is heart warming and morale enhancing!
I'll never understand this -- what's so bad with gloomy weather ? Not all people love hot, dry and clear blue sky with a sun that blinds you, you know ? Well I think...
And I thought you lived there ? ...
And BTW Madrid is largely in the south of Paris, so I don't understand this too.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:21 AM

1,327 posts, read 2,605,848 times
People who think that Paris get more and more run down have never been in Paris 25 years ago.
Same if you believe that nothing change.

It is incredible how some people visit maybe three small areas of the city and they believe that they have see everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe