Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2015, 09:39 AM

25,956 posts, read 24,680,279 times

Advertisements

I wonder how that distribution system is supposed to work. The vast majority of those migrants seem to want to go to Germany. I doubt they will stay in Portugal or Greece or Spain if that is where the distribution system says they have to go. I mean, thanks to Schengen anyone can move freely within the EU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 09:56 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,110,542 times
How do Europeans feel about their nations welcoming their extinction with applause?

Old 09-09-2015, 10:16 AM

25,956 posts, read 24,680,279 times
We are already used to our governments not doing what we pay them to do

Old 09-09-2015, 10:23 AM

26,732 posts, read 22,409,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Links have been repeatedly posted, and I assume you have the capability of googling.

The official August numbers for Germany indicate that more than 4 in 10 asylum applicants to Germany are from the Balkans, and the numbers for Eastern Europe as a whole are higher still.

Top German Immigration Official on*Influx of Syrian Refugees - SPIEGEL ONLINE

The link you've provided repeats again that only 40% of asylum seekers in Germany are of Balkan origin, where you are trying to make this current crisis all about Balkan countries. It doesn't say that these Balkan asylum seekers are the big bulk of August's crowd - the latest crisis. First of all the article is talking about Syrian refugees just in case you didn't notice. They are visible to everyone ( as the majority of latest asylum seekers) except for you may be. Everything this article says about Balkan immigration in fact indicates that its numbers rise "only slightly," and the article gives pretty good overview, that proves that Balkan immigration is something Germany could sort out and stem the tide. The refugees pouring from Syria\other countries from the Middle East and Africa - with other words the crowd that I see lately, is what REALLY concerns European authorities.
As for your suggestion for me to google - to google what? All this data (included the one provided in this Spiegel article) dismisses your assertion that this latest refugee crisis is mainly about "Balkans."
So if you want to prove your stand - try better next time, find more proofs to back up your claims.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:44 AM

26,732 posts, read 22,409,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
We are doomed (Budapest central station):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tVEhXF_Yrk
Sorry to say it Pigeonhole, but yes, you are. You ARE doomed - Old Europe that is.
If you'll ever remember my older post - few years ago, I was saying that the attempt of the US gov. to remove Russia as the global power from the world stage once and for all ( an attempt that they've made in the nineties) was going to have dire consequences. Now these consequences are already here.
Americans totally missed the role Russia historically played in relations between Christendom and Islamic world; when they remove one of these major columns, guess what happens, and you are on the path of this crushing roof.
I do not even get into the subject of Syria ( I guess you know what that was all about - Russian ally standing on the way of Gulf countries ( and read - American) interests. But even the Balkans! Balkans that some here are whining about - their influx to Germany and what's not - even these territories were historically the sphere of Russian interests (Bismarck warned about it long time ago, not to meddle there.) We all know (again) what happened there in the nineties, and Russia was in no position to intervene.
I am not going to mention Afghanistan here and what that was all about in connection with huge Russian Islamic enclave that Central Asia ( plus Caucasus) is. So the list goes on and on.
Again - sorry to say, but so far Russia kept "Old Europe" alive under the shadow of its evil wings.
Once Russia collapses however, the next goes Germany (as the backbone of Old Europe,) and then it will be your turn - France. ( The lesser "Germanics" - the "Low Countries" and what's not - that's already small fish to fry.)
America loves you so much, that it will choke you with this love at the end.

Old 09-09-2015, 05:17 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,458,536 times
Not all, but a lot look like military aged males. Well fed, clothed, fit, healthy. Im wondering what happens when this influx has been in country for a while out of money, little opportunity other than what the govt can provide. Has Merkel thought that far? The unemployment rate for men under 30 in a lot of Euro countries is above 25%. (Spain, Italy, Greece). They new migrants will be competing against other Europeans for the bottom barrel jobs. They probably dont have much education, few skills, its just seems like a bad situation. If Europe is so concerned do some lifting in NATO and address the actual problem instead of just creating another one.

Old 09-10-2015, 01:45 AM

235 posts, read 210,121 times
Default Europeans look carefully. It's your future.

A tourist went outside with her head uncovered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=45&v=s_uWU9zNZhY

Old 09-10-2015, 03:04 AM

401 posts, read 532,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
Wouldn't it be ironic. If native Europeans begin to desire immigration to the US, Canada and Australia in the future? Basically who did the original migrations in the first place....(yes I realize Native Americans Indians commonly called, came first). Due to having their culture and religion persecuted?

Stranger things have happened......
There is a BIG difference in any European immigration that ever happened to the US - and what we see today in Europe.

To be able to enter the US an immigrant had to sign a waiver that he would not burden the state (US) - and someone in the US needed to guarantee for the immigrant. Also it was generally expected the following:

1. Get a job, and contribute positively to society - don`t be a burden to your new country.

2. Learn the language and integrate within your community.

3. You can practice whatever religion you want to - as long as you don`t become radical and push it onto others.

The "refugees" that are entering Europe from Syria have a main interest in getting a straw into European generous welfare systems.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:50 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,260,999 times
What a bunch of racist bs....

Every migrant I have known has always been looking for a job, and most of them work in underpaid jobs with little control, at least here. If there was actual control, there would be better work situation for them AND for Italians (whose **** jobs get "stolen" by people who have no job security)

And I've already had drinks with a few pakistanis. Muslisms that drink ? Once you're in Europe, you don't necessarily bother about your old values anymore and get on with reality.

Old 09-10-2015, 06:59 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,735,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzes55 View Post
A tourist went outside with her head uncovered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=45&v=s_uWU9zNZhY
Man, that's shocking. A group of men attacking a woman. What the hell? I can't understand what those thugs were saying. What language did they speak?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe