Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 05:28 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,247,964 times

Advertisements

I'd like to point out that a bunch of refugees also went out marching with banners proclaiming their thanks for all the help they're receiving including the food but of course that doesn't get as much coverage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 06:32 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,036 times
Muslims have screwed up every country they comprise a significant part of the population. Why do Europeans think they'll suddenly become productive citizens just because they moved to Europe?

Modern Europeans and American liberals are blissfully ignorant, and they won't realize the mistake they made letting all the Muslims into their countries until it's too late. When the proverbial knife is at their throats is when they'll know they screwed up. Lights out for Europe.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:52 AM

507 posts, read 442,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
It's actually a good thing in this case.
I don't think you understand the definition of "xenophobia." A phobia, by definition, is irrational. Irrationality is never a good thing.

Regardless, it's a form of racism and bigotry. It also makes no sense, when you consider what these people are fleeing from--oppression at the hands of religious nutcases.

I'm not here to tell Finland, or any other country, what to do. I just found the way the OP was phrased and the discussion of the food to be funny. I'm curious about Finland in that "crush from afar" kind of way, and am thinking of taking a trip there, so when a thread pops up about it, I read.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:29 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
I could give you some insight on the refugee situation here once more. We have a refugee collection centre which is an abandoned schoolhouse and it's accomodating some 200 people, sleeping on matresses in the classrooms. The rest of the +400 refugees are held in ad-hoc tents on the premises, guarded by police. We have been forcasted the first night below freezing for the autumn on Wednesday or Thursday, and the people living in tents are relieable on stoves burning wood. The refugees are given the same food as we give our school children, typical Scandinavian cuisine. The centre is located in the city shipyard, in a concrete jungle far away from the 300,000 urban population centre. As the refugees have not been given residence in Finland, they are not allowed to wander into the city or anywhere else from the immigration centre's premises. They are practically prisoners before they are allowed to leave. (To stay, or be evicted from the country.)

The refugees are given proper healthcare, medicine and nutrition, but is it a place I would want to be in? No.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:06 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennia View Post

I'm not here to tell Finland, or any other country, what to do. I just found the way the OP was phrased and the discussion of the food to be funny. I'm curious about Finland in that "crush from afar" kind of way, and am thinking of taking a trip there, so when a thread pops up about it, I read.
Well you know to load your bags with high quality menu on your trip

(to give once in a life time experience to finnish people what is good food )

Remember to feed ariete too

Las vegas has not called me yet, otherwise I would sent left overs of my paycheck to feed finnish people via "real food" already, lol

Happy trip and try some original local oddies like mammi https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A4mmi ....and seekers did not even got mammi yet they are already whining

mammi anyone?

wikipics are free candy, right?

that is a dessert

Old 10-05-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Salmon soup is to Finnish cuisine the same as Sunday roast is to English cuisine.
They should check the salmon price first

Old 10-05-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I could give you some insight on the refugee situation here once more. We have a refugee collection centre which is an abandoned schoolhouse and it's accomodating some 200 people, sleeping on matresses in the classrooms. The rest of the +400 refugees are held in ad-hoc tents on the premises, guarded by police. We have been forcasted the first night below freezing for the autumn on Wednesday or Thursday, and the people living in tents are relieable on stoves burning wood. The refugees are given the same food as we give our school children, typical Scandinavian cuisine. The centre is located in the city shipyard, in a concrete jungle far away from the 300,000 urban population centre. As the refugees have not been given residence in Finland, they are not allowed to wander into the city or anywhere else from the immigration centre's premises. They are practically prisoners before they are allowed to leave. (To stay, or be evicted from the country.)

The refugees are given proper healthcare, medicine and nutrition, but is it a place I would want to be in? No.
They don't even get proper healthcare, only emergency care. But they have the right to work after 3 months (or 6 months if they don't have a travel permit) and they are allowed to travel around freely if they aren't in the detention centre in Helsinki (have a refugee centre in my town, they certainly move about freely)

Old 10-05-2015, 01:31 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
They don't even get proper healthcare, only emergency care. But they have the right to work after 3 months (or 6 months if they don't have a travel permit) and they are allowed to travel around freely if they aren't in the detention centre in Helsinki (have a refugee centre in my town, they certainly move about freely)
In Turku they are not allowed to travel freely either.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
In Turku they are not allowed to travel freely either.
Well that's Turku for you, weird city. You can't consider it as representative of Finland as a whole...

Old 10-05-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
Well look at Germany, guess it will end up happening sooner or later there too:

Germany: Migrants' Rape Epidemic

A bit of the article:
I cannot understand how according to former news usually muslim seekers killed christian seekers at boats (over the board) and how they can "rape their own". Would think they would focus to support each other during their sorrow to leave their home land.. To get something better

And I hope german would not let this continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
I doubt that there is any rapes happening in my town, just rumours started by racists who actually want to go shoot them, even the children.
wow, it is always shame to put rape victims down. I have been personally in bad situations and it is not feeling secure when some people would not believe

I hope you are not one of those who does not care "your own"..

I have seen already what happends here and I am heavily armed after my experiences. I would take womens fears seriously. It does not help women to create environment where rapes and harassing are not taken seriously. What smells is that there is usually more than one or 2 of them so I would need more arms or practise to shoot by my toes. Would I let myself to get raped or shoot my attacker? Guess twice.

If you are sure nothing is going to happend to you, fine. But don't put the victims and harassed womens experiences and fears down. I have been already harassed by seekers and I will do all to protect myself. Yes, I would kill a rapist, I have rights to my downstairs.

Why rapist should have bigger rights to rape than a woman prevent it happend? And when a rapist does not follow the law why a victim should?

And I don't think I own the earth so anyone is free to live where they want to but I do have rights to my own body and only my baby has right to live inside Kinda deal I am ok with people settling around the earth but only when they do it by honoring other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe