Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 09:42 PM

507 posts, read 440,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Oh, sorry. No no no, you misunderstood. I didn't mean any offence at all, sorry if you took my initial comment that way.

Yes, history has very much to do with our attitude of defending ourselves. Compare Finland with Ireland, Ireland lost even their language when being under the influence of a stronger nation for centuries. And later on we defended ourselves so that we remained on the right side of the Iron Curtain.

Your jokeful comment about Sweden again... I don't think anyone here would raise arms towards our best friend.
Ah, I see. Okay, I'm sorry.

It makes perfect sense to me about Russia. But you know, US...Russia...current events. So I'm acknowledging my own bias against Putin (I can't stand the man), while also noting that I do not blame Finland one bit, knowing a little about the history between Finland and Russia (and probably not as much as I should!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 11:36 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,248,828 times
"Only" 15% for the Netherlands. That still means 2.4 million Dutch would actually take up arms and fight. That's not bad at all

Old 10-13-2015, 02:10 AM

2,276 posts, read 2,627,515 times
Hard to believe. So I guess most people are like cattle. They will just give up and learn to live like they are told and learn another language and religion too. What a shame, because it looks like there are a few countries ready to take over and do what they'd like to do with other countries.
Look at the middle east. They would love to just take for the taking. I'd be damn if I'd give up.

Old 10-13-2015, 03:36 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,236,770 times
haha! Not so fast! I would never be forced to learn another language!!!

They will learn another language before I learn one. I am not an American, I will not be walked over by foreigners.

Old 10-13-2015, 05:54 AM

1,306 posts, read 1,118,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
haha! Not so fast! I would never be forced to learn another language!!!

They will learn another language before I learn one. I am not an American, I will not be walked over by foreigners.
The one that wouldn't fight for anything.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:18 AM

212 posts, read 207,028 times
Rich countries have professional armies, no conscripts. If not, armies can be bough and sold.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:32 AM

7,287 posts, read 6,860,343 times
Seems to me that many of the countries listed, couldn't take up arms if they wanted to.
Denying the people the right to bear arms ,puts a real kink in the ability to defend one's country.
building a culture denying guns and demonizing guns, you can't expect much support to begin with.
The UN agenda is all about taking guns away, most of these countries are connected to.
Half the people answer in fantasy and the other half ,because they had already some how, done so.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:33 AM

7,287 posts, read 6,860,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampliment View Post
Rich countries have professional armies, no conscripts. If not, armies can be bough and sold.
If the economy dumps what are you going to pay with ?

Old 10-13-2015, 09:36 AM

212 posts, read 207,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
If the economy dumps what are you going to pay with ?
If the economy dumps, nobody will want to invade you.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:02 PM

573 posts, read 599,300 times
Before world war II the Biritish University students said they did not fight for his country.

When he began the war they fought heroically.

I think if there were a war inside Spain the spaniards fight furiusly ´

But if the war is in ouside only of Spain fight only a minority of spaniards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe