Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2015, 04:28 AM

861 posts, read 851,833 times

Advertisements

After the recent attack in a Swedish school by Anton Lundin Pettersson, aged 21. It has now been established that the attacker had right wing sympathies.

I have raised the issue of Racism and discrimination in Sweden before only to be told I was wrong. Despite having lived in Sweden for two years and having a Scandinavian partner. I eventually left due to the discrimination I experienced (I run a software company in London and I worked as a Java developer in Stockholm)

Given the rise of right wing former neo-nazi parties like SD and frequent outbreaks of racist violence in Sweden, isn't it time to put to rest the idea that Sweden is a racial utopia (devoid of ugly racism). At best Sweden is no better than countries like Germany with regards to racism/integration and in my opinion is far behind nations like Britain and Ireland on this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 08:13 AM

212 posts, read 208,833 times
Sweden has always been pack with loonies, the fact that the nutcase dressed like some Star War character and was attracted by nazi webs is quite common, as it can be appreciated in some forums.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:49 AM
F18

542 posts, read 529,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nograviti View Post
After the recent attack in a Swedish school by Anton Lundin Pettersson, aged 21. It has now been established that the attacker had right wing sympathies.

I have raised the issue of Racism and discrimination in Sweden before only to be told I was wrong. Despite having lived in Sweden for two years and having a Scandinavian partner. I eventually left due to the discrimination I experienced (I run a software company in London and I worked as a Java developer in Stockholm)

Given the rise of right wing former neo-nazi parties like SD and frequent outbreaks of racist violence in Sweden, isn't it time to put to rest the idea that Sweden is a racial utopia (devoid of ugly racism). At best Sweden is no better than countries like Germany with regards to racism/integration and in my opinion is far behind nations like Britain and Ireland on this issue.
Britain is no better than the rest of Europe in terms of race-relations, despite what the British say. In many areas it is worst than France or Germany.

Old 10-23-2015, 09:33 AM

861 posts, read 851,833 times
Sorry all, accidently created this thread twice.

Please respond to this one After the recent right wing attack in Sweden, can we now put to rest the myth of Sweden as a tolerant racial nirvana?

In the meantime could a mod please close this thread. As it is unnecessary duplication
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe