Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 01:07 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,127,899 times

Advertisements

I find it hard to believe that those trying to protect us silly, naive Europeans, haven't shared this horrifying story yet.

Refugee crisis: German man takes in 24 asylum-seekers and describes his 'disappointing' experience | Europe | News | The Independent

Spoiler
THEY PLAYED WITH THE COUPLE'S CATS! WILL THE INVADERS STOP AT NOTHING!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 03:33 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
Nice anecdote.

If one refugee rapes a German woman it does not mean they came to rape German women.

If one refugee plays with cats it does not mean they came to play with cats.

Also, 24 refugees? He must have a huuuuge apartment!

Old 11-08-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Nice anecdote.
If one refugee rapes a German woman it does not mean they came to rape German women.
Kind of funny how rape statistics are suddently very important to some, yes? But they will turn a blind eye when it is a white man raping any woman. The white rapist is just a bad apple, a deranged individual. Everyone else? Just proof that they're aaaall dangerous. All of them. Even the babies... No, especially the babies.

Quote:
If one refugee plays with cats it does not mean they came to play with cats.
No, they did not come to play with cats. They are coming to TAKE THEM AWAY FROM US! Wake up sheeple!

Quote:
Or he took a few people in for a short period of time, then another group, then another... There's a mention about summer, so this didn't happen in a single day.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:41 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Nice anecdote.

Right. And what would that mean for the German men raping German women? Why the fixation on what refugees do, to the exclusion of concern for what native-born citizens do? Or is it ok for German men to rape German women?

Old 11-08-2015, 04:43 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:

He wasn't running a boarding house or a refugee camp, lol! I'm sure with refugees arriving over months and years, there was plenty of time to take people in temporarily while they got signed up with whatever services are available, then later he took in one or two more, and so on, in serial fashion.

Old 11-09-2015, 03:30 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,487,681 times
About the man in this thread, I see quite normal that if the experience was bad, he doesn't want to repeat it. The fact that one man rapes a German woman doesn't mean all will do it, but of course they are not being greateful at all about the help they are getting, and surprisingly (or not) it is not the first person who is dissapoited with refugees.

In Montevideo refugees wanted to go away because they didn't have a 1,500€/month salary...

Old 11-09-2015, 04:26 AM

504 posts, read 465,458 times
"Maybe I have to fight for my rights as a homosexual in ten years, more intensely than I have to do it now. It’s also possible that I realize at some point, I made mistakes. Everything is possible, nothing has to happen for sure!"

If he's happy to jeopardise his rights, which have been hard fought for decades and still to be fully realised in some parts of Europe then fine. He is a naive fool and does not speak for me.

Awful translation, btw.

Old 11-09-2015, 04:48 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,190,645 times
How many times did this guy mention rape in connection with these refugees?...but it is the main theme of the posters.

Old 11-09-2015, 04:50 AM

3,573 posts, read 3,803,939 times
wow, 24 immigrants and not a single stabbing/theft/rape? do they want cookies for being so compliant? this is merely the exception that proves the rule. if there was 1 crime per 1000 immigrants that would be enough reason to kick them all out.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
About the man in this thread, I see quite normal that if the experience was bad, he doesn't want to repeat it. The fact that one man rapes a German woman doesn't mean all will do it, but of course they are not being greateful at all about the help they are getting, and surprisingly (or not) it is not the first person who is dissapoited with refugees.

In Montevideo refugees wanted to go away because they didn't have a 1,500€/month salary...
Did you read the article, or just assume from the title?
He wasn't disappointed with the refugees. In fact:

"He also reflects on the way it has changed himself and his partner - and how accepted they felt in turn, by the people they took in. (...) he said that it was the reactions from those around him - not from the actions of refugees - that disappointed him most. "

He was disappointed with the reaction of other Germans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
"Maybe I have to fight for my rights as a homosexual in ten years, more intensely than I have to do it now. It’s also possible that I realize at some point, I made mistakes. Everything is possible, nothing has to happen for sure!"

If he's happy to jeopardise his rights, which have been hard fought for decades and still to be fully realised in some parts of Europe then fine. He is a naive fool and does not speak for me.
Nobody's happy to jeopardise anything.
We recognize some people have problems with certain rights and if it were up to them, they would take them away, but we're not gonna let them. That does not mean we have to shun them all because there are groups of narrow-minded people among them. Should we follow this logic, then we should shun all of humanity, because there are anti-feminist and homophobes of all races and social classes.
That 'maybe' reflects a possibility (That could happen even if migration wasn't a thing, we're seeing a lot of backlash on many of these issues and it's not coming from refugees.) not a certainty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
Awful translation, btw.
Way better than hitting 'Translate' on his Facebook profile.
But if you're really too worried about it, you can always hand a better translation to the publishers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
How many times did this guy mention rape in connection with these refugees?...but it is the main theme of the posters.
It's just that harm inflicted upon a woman will cause the strongest emotional reaction, so that's what everyone will use to spread fear.
Nobody cares about rape victims unless they can be used as ammunition, you see.

Last edited by Arigarisha; 11-09-2015 at 05:24 AM.. Reason: Did you know I suck at grammar? Well, now you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe