Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 06:13 AM

14,498 posts, read 9,377,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
The Polish definitely consider Ukraine a nation, just like it is.
Bad blood seems to be mostly buried between Ukraine and Poland, as Ukraine and Poland today share a common cause against putin's Eurasian empire.

Though some Poles sometimes still try to claim Lviv as theirs, which it is not.

There is a need to consolidate power against the hostile interests of both the West & Russia. The Intermarium idea seems pretty good, in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 06:23 AM

24,205 posts, read 24,644,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serabal View Post
Too bad for whom?

Why do you speak on behalf of Poland? Are you a Pole?
For Europe.

I'm Finnish.

Old 03-05-2016, 06:30 AM

147 posts, read 98,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Bad blood seems to be mostly buried between Ukraine and Poland, as Ukraine and Poland today share a common cause against putin's Eurasian empire.
Nevertheless Ukraine honors those ukrainian butchers which made up Volyn massacre as a national heroes.
Do you think that Poles don't rememeber how it was and who is responsible for that?

Ordinary people remember it very well. And as we know Poles are very spiteful. They never forget anything.

Old 03-05-2016, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
For Europe.

I'm Finnish.
But Russia is a part of Europe.
So do you support that plan of Hitler to wipe of Slavic people form the earth? Are you sorry that he lost in that war?

If you a Finninsh how can you tell me what Poles think? You are even not a Slav.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Nevertheless Ukraine honors those ukrainian butchers which made up Volyn massacre as a national heroes.
Do you think that Poles don't rememeber how it was and who is responsible for that?

Ordinary people remember it very well. And as we know Poles are very spiteful. They never forget anything.
UPA were heroes, although I am not going to comment on or endorse every single thing they did. As always, history is presented as very one-sided. It was, in fact, a war among multiple warring factions. I began my post by acknowledging the bad blood, from which you may infer an acknowledgement of mutual grievances.

Poles are not innocent anyway, since the Polish occupiers also killed Ukrainians, occupied Ukrainian lands, and this very act is clearly part of a mutual conflict.

Case in point:

Quote:
In order to carry out retaliatory actions against Ukrainian aggressors, Polish partisans created self-defense formations. Retaliation, however, was carried out inch for inch, and was ‘hardly less fierce’. Warnings to Ukrainians made in 1943 stated that every village burned would result in two Ukrainian villages being razed, and for every Pole killed, two Ukrainians would be killed in his place immediately. Orders issued in February of 1944 by Polish Home Army commander Lt. Kazimierz Babinski said only children would be spared; however, a month later a massacre by Polish partisans occurred in Kholm killing 1,500, of which 70% were women and children. .... By the middle of 1944 the feeling of many Poles was that they would still retake or even extend territory into Ukraine. That summer approximately 150 villages, home to 15,000 Ukrainians, had been razed in so-called retaliatory measures. Attacks aimed at eliminating civilian populations were not uncommon from the Polish side.

By late 1945 and into 1946, the modus operandi of the Polish Army was to attack UPA units in order to justify attacking Ukrainian settlements, wait for Ukrainian retaliation, and use that as further justification for “retaliation.â€
Ethnic Cleansing or Ethnic Cleansings? The Polish-Ukrainian civil war in Galicia-Volhynia -Euromaidan Press |

Old 03-05-2016, 07:11 AM

And so that was Russians who divided you from killing each other as I know it.
Your are welcome to thanks us

Quote:
UPA were heroes
Yes they really were in the world of butchers!

Old 03-05-2016, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Yes they really were in the world of butchers!
And Polish butchers?

Quote:
All said, when comparing the most modest of findings, over 50 thousand Polish in comparison to a rough excess of 40 thousand Ukrainian casualties (and recalling the tens of thousands of additional Ukrainians who were killed in intra-ethnic violence), further illustrates the mutually exhaustive nature ethnic cleansing was for both sides in this conflict
Ethnic Cleansing or Ethnic Cleansings? The Polish-Ukrainian civil war in Galicia-Volhynia -Euromaidan Press |

Also, I would add the UPA's campaigns were certainly not limited to Poles. The UPA also fought against Nazis and Soviets.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
And Polish butchers?
the same to them.
Oh do you consider Polish butchers to be heroes too?

You are so patriotic as I see! That's great! Why are you still in the USA? Ukraine needs you. Your country have very bad times.
Only you can stop Putin and glorify the Ukraine!

Old 03-05-2016, 07:43 AM

Quote:
the same to them.
I see... and Russian terrorists in Donbas? Am I to assume you're okay with them? What do you think of what the Red Army did? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet...s#World_War_II

You are playing a stupid game. War is ugly, but it's as old as humankind.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:50 AM

[quote=snj90;43248648]I see... and Russian terrorists in Donbas? Am I to assume you're okay with them? [/url]
i'm not okay with all kind of butchers which are in Donbass. And it's no matter for me which side did they took
Why don't you go there and save your country?

Quote:
What do you think of what the Red Army did?
they saved the world from Hitler. I think that nice. You are welcome to thank us.
By the way how many Ukrainians were in the Red Army?

Quote:
You are playing a stupid game. War is ugly, but it's as old as humankind.
That does not approve war crimes for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe