Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 11:41 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5thOfNovemner View Post
When we speak about the actions of those girls we are talking about in the other thread Star Star Riots . In Russian we say that they committed an act of Varvarism, implying Varavrian Guard, Vikings. So with one phrase we can prove Viking influence on Russian history.

European influence on Russia is also there. I don't know, Russians eat with fork and knife and spoon.. same silverware as in Europe. Russian architecture is European Architecture... I mean there is allot of cultural influences there.

Mongols ruled Russia for centuries according to history books, yet other then a wikipedia link there is no evidence of this. For an invasion to happen you need large armies. Those armies rape local women, victorious armies seed local women. Wounded soldiers stay behind on concurred lands and marry local women. There is no evidence of this happening.

There is no cultural influence from Mongols as well. Hence this part is being questioned.
Для тех кто в танке ;

"The term by which this subjection is commonly designated, the Mongol or Tatar "yoke", suggests terrible oppression, but in reality these nomadic invaders from Mongolia were not such cruel, oppressive taskmasters.[6] In the first place, they never settled in the country, and they had little direct dealing with the inhabitants. In accordance with the admonitions of Genghis Khan to his children and grandchildren, they retained their pastoral mode of life, so that the subject races, agriculturists, and dwellers in towns were not disturbed in their ordinary avocations. Golden Horde instituted census, taxes and tributes on the conquered lands, which were usually collected by local princes and brought to Sarai. It was only in the 14th and 15th centuries, with the rise of the Tatar khanates, that slave raids on the Slavic population became significant, with the purpose of trading slaves with the Ottoman Empire."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_invasion_of_Rus'

(Should I find you material on Mongol cultural influence + Tatar-Mongol armies, or you can find it yourself? )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 01:13 AM

147 posts, read 100,260 times
I've read that there is no Mongol genes in Russians. And the same to Tatars!

Old 03-07-2016, 01:46 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,922,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
You are more than welcome, I found Wiki to be quite informative when it comes to Russian\Soviet history; you just need to know what exactly to search for)))
Yeah I love Wikipedia, studies show that it's just as accurate as britannica, but I'm guess wiki has a lot more articles. The only problem is that the info on wiki can sometimes be to much to digest in one sitting.

Old 03-07-2016, 02:22 AM

One thing the Mongols left behind is an authoritarian government system, prior to this the Slavs practiced a form of democracy, even Novgord kept practicing it until Moscow took over. If it wasn't for the Mongols it's possible that Eastern Europe would've been the most progressive place in the world. Also Russia was the only country to conduct frequent large scale census which was adopted from the Mongols who got it from the Chinese. Other European countries didn't keep census until the 1800s. Here is a more detailed account of Mongol effects on Russia The Effects of the Mongol Empire on Russia

Old 03-07-2016, 07:13 AM

684 posts, read 713,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
One thing the Mongols left behind is an authoritarian government system, prior to this the Slavs practiced a form of democracy, even Novgord kept practicing it until Moscow took over. If it wasn't for the Mongols it's possible that Eastern Europe would've been the most progressive place in the world. Also Russia was the only country to conduct frequent large scale census which was adopted from the Mongols who got it from the Chinese. Other European countries didn't keep census until the 1800s. Here is a more detailed account of Mongol effects on Russia The Effects of the Mongol Empire on Russia
in 'merka we have a "presidential democracy" same "authoritarian" that you are talking about ?

Old 03-07-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5thOfNovemner View Post
in 'merka we have a "presidential democracy" same "authoritarian" that you are talking about ?
no I'm talking about tsarist times, the way Moscow ran things completly different from the way things were done bofore. that same authoritarianism was brought into the soviet government, and even today Putin holds a lot more political power in Russia than Obama does in the US.

Old 03-07-2016, 02:56 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,424,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
Conversation moved from another thread

To my eyes, Russia is the successor of Mongol empire.
Nonsense! The Russian nation was created by Nordics!!

Old 03-07-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
no I'm talking about tsarist times, the way Moscow ran things completly different from the way things were done bofore. that same authoritarianism was brought into the soviet government, and even today Putin holds a lot more political power in Russia than Obama does in the US.
I suspect that this traditional centralism/authoritarianism of Russian government ( be that Soviet times or Tzarist times) has little to do with Mongols.
You've seen this clip before, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE6r...quCmw&index=16

It explains it all rather well.

Old 03-07-2016, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Nonsense! The Russian nation was created by Nordics!!
Saxonwold...
It became fashionable now to argue that Kievan Rus was created by Nordics, but Moscow Rus has been created by Mongols and it is "unrelated to Kievan Rus."
Some people have political agenda you see)))

Old 03-07-2016, 08:52 PM

684 posts, read 713,563 times
Quote:
Putin has a high approval rating in Russia while Obama has powerful opposition that Putin does not. Read along the line of these forums. What people are saying about Oabama's administration? Of course some-one with Putin's popularity would have more power and influence. It comes down tom when Putin asks Duma (Russian Congress) for something, the are eager to please and when Obama asks for something his opposition is the majority of Congress....

But since we were talking about history, a person that keeps bringing home the victories and has popularity would be more powerful. From all the film I have seen about Ancient Rome and what not....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe