Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 05:16 AM

322 posts, read 479,037 times

Advertisements

Not going to happen. All places have their own problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 05:52 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,888,482 times
Italy is already exporting the best youth: young professionals with degrees and high qualifications, young people willing to work in any field for a living wage and generally also highly skilled and experienced professionals aged 30-40.
Legally, there are more emigrants than immigrants.
It's not just a general impoverishment of my country, it's also a net cost because, on average, it costs 100,000 € to form a student with a degree (university or more): a student that won't result in any meaningful advantage for Italy because he will emigrate (and he will rightfully do so).
Furthermore, as illegals and so-called 'refugees' increase in the outskirts, so Italians try to leave those areas.
There's an alley in my hometown that, after it saw the construction of two massive apartment blocks almost exclusively housed by immigrants (they are the so-called 'case popolari', literally 'house of the people') because of the numerous welfare advantages they can enjoy: the result was a massive degradation that pushed most Italians to leave as soon as possible.
The overall result?
Ghettos, immigrants resenting ethnic Italians, Italians sick of being host in their home country and nothing good at all in general.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:55 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,152 times
I'm thinking about moving to Northern Italy or Czech Republic when I am older. I'm afraid the US won't take me and maybe it would a step too far from and a too different way of life. Germany might be lost in one generation and will become a mess, when you think of history Germany has ever been a kind of extreme country, maybe not the best place to be in a WTSHTF scenario.

@xander.XVII, are you Italian? Do you know how the situation is in Friuli-Venezia Giulia, what can you tell me about this region?How do Italians think about Germans, any sentiments?

Last edited by svenM; 01-19-2016 at 08:11 AM..

Old 01-19-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
I'm thinking about moving to Northern Italy or Czech Republic when I am older. I'm afraid the US won't take me and maybe it would a step too far from and a too different way of life. Germany might be lost in one generation and will become a mess, when you think of history Germany has ever been a kind of extreme country, maybe not the best place to be in a WTSHTF scenario.

@xander.XVII, are you Italian? Do you know how the situation is in Friuli-Venezia Giulia, what can you tell me about this region?How do Italians think about Germans, any sentiments?
I can't speak for Friuli but I live close.
If you mean whether you'd face hostility because you are a German as an expat I assure you won't.
Germans, aside from jokes (Nazi, the sound of the language etc) and veiled political resentment because of EU (anyway not directed at you), are highly admired for their efficiency, precision and skills, so generally Italians tend to respect Germans, even envy them (although remarking that Italy is more beautiful, Italians are kinder, Italian cuisine is better etc).

Old 01-19-2016, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
I can't speak for Friuli but I live close.
If you mean whether you'd face hostility because you are a German as an expat I assure you won't.
Germans, aside from jokes (Nazi, the sound of the language etc) and veiled political resentment because of EU (anyway not directed at you), are highly admired for their efficiency, precision and skills, so generally Italians tend to respect Germans, even envy them (although remarking that Italy is more beautiful, Italians are kinder, Italian cuisine is better etc).
Do you mind if send you a PM? I have some more questions concerning Northern Italy and you seem to live close by, might take some time though, I'm a bit lazy (and don't share typical German values in this regard).

Old 01-19-2016, 01:46 PM

1,222 posts, read 2,279,100 times
Quote:
Germany might be lost in one generation and will become a mess
How so?

Old 01-19-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob702 View Post
How so?
It would be worth an own thread but I'll explain it to you anways, I'll refer to this link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/10/op...rink.html?_r=3

Quote:
In the German case the important number here isn’t the country’s total population, currently 82 million. It’s the twentysomething population, which was less than 10 million in 2013 (and of course already included many immigrants). In that cohort and every cohort afterward, the current influx could have a transformative effect.
In own words, when speaking about Muslim immigration to Germany in 2015, you should not refer to the current German population of about 80 million (of which 16 million are no ethnic Germans) but to the relevant age-class of the people younger than 30 years.

Calculated roughly, in 2014, 26 of 80 million inhabitants were 30 years old or younger, 30% of them no ethnic Germans.

This means: from 26 million inhabitants in the relevant age, only about 18 million are ethnic Germans and about 8 million are foreigners.

The folks above 30 years are no longer significantly relevant for procreation and Germany experienced a Muslim immigration of about 1 million men younger than 30 years old in 2015; this means if 9 million more Muslims would immigrate to Germany within the next years, ethnic Germans in the relevant age could be only half of the population in the relevant age within a decade - the higher birthrate of Muslims migrants not counted.

This means, within one or two generations Germany could be a predominant Muslim country. A second Somalia or Syria within the heart of Europe.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:14 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Quote:
It would be worth an own thread but I'll explain it to you anways, I'll refer to this link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/10/op...rink.html?_r=3

In own words, when speaking about Muslim immigration to Germany in 2015, you should not refer to the current German population of about 80 million (of which 16 million are no ethnic Germans) but to the relevant age-class of the people younger than 30 years.

Calculated roughly, in 2014, 26 of 80 million inhabitants were 30 years old or younger, 30% of them no ethnic Germans.

This means: from 26 million inhabitants in the relevant age, only about 18 million are ethnic Germans and about 8 million are foreigners.

The folks above 30 years are no longer significantly relevant for procreation and Germany experienced a Muslim immigration of about 1 million men younger than 30 years old in 2015; this means if 9 million more Muslims would immigrate to Germany within the next years, ethnic Germans in the relevant age could be only half of the population in the relevant age within a decade - the higher birthrate of Muslims migrants not counted.

This means, within one or two generations Germany could be a predominant Muslim country. A second Somalia or Syria within the heart of Europe.
Break down and explain the methology for coming into this conclusion.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Break down and explain the methology for coming into this conclusion.
It's simply maths:

https://www.bamf.de/SharedDocs/Anlag...ublicationFile

https://www.destatis.de/DE/ZahlenFak..._/lrbev01.html

Old 01-19-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Do you mind if send you a PM? I have some more questions concerning Northern Italy and you seem to live close by, might take some time though, I'm a bit lazy (and don't share typical German values in this regard).
Sure, no problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe