Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 02:58 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,431,115 times

Advertisements

And the singer chosen for representing us at the ESC is... none of the candidates!
Sanremo was won by "the Stadio" (later I will post their song), but they refused the place at Eurovision. So a new singer will be chosen ny the Rai (the Tv channels that airs the ESC in Italy) "in the next few days" (really vague, isn't it?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 06:23 AM

2,975 posts, read 2,793,310 times
They should just hold an online vote and be done with it. Anyway, Rocco Hunt, Valerio Scanu and Caccamo/Iurato are the most fitting for Eurovision. Maybe the Elii as well for craziness value.

Anyway i'm surprised this year the young contest's songs were the most interesting ones. One who caught my eye as i think it fits Eurovision values well is Cecile's N.E.G.R.A. This song is against homophobia, racism, xenophobia, gender gap and bullying all at once

https://youtu.be/I1WJwpsI8XE

An English version of Irene Fornaciari's Blu would be also well suited but not in Italian as no one would get the meaning and it would be just another song

Old 02-14-2016, 10:13 AM

It looks like they have already chosen, we will be represented by the second classified at Sanremo.
(One article about this Italy 2016: Francesca Michielin to Eurovision plus full Sanremo results - EuroVisionary - Eurovision news you can trust )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXE-aTIIG30

I'm a little bit worried, the song is nothing special and the singer sometimes during live performances doesn't sing so well

Instead this is the group who refused to participate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDAYFVr_LRE

Last edited by Urania93; 02-14-2016 at 10:39 AM..

Old 02-15-2016, 01:27 PM

^^The song isn't great by any means but i guess it's fine for Eurovision. It won't win but it won't finish as low as Emma's either. Is she allowed to make an English version of the songs? If so it has a chance of finishing on the podium

Old 02-15-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
^^The song isn't great by any means but i guess it's fine for Eurovision. It won't win but it won't finish as low as Emma's either. Is she allowed to make an English version of the songs? If so it has a chance of finishing on the podium
According to the ESC page they haven't chosen the song yet. (At least It was written so the last time I read it).

Surely they will have to cut it, considering thst the maximum time for a song in the contest is 3:00 minutes. And they can still translate parts of that song or the whole of it, or decide to change completely the song. She already sang in both Italian and English, so there are still a lot of different possibilities.

Sincerely right now I'm a little worried because she didn't sing so well at Sanremo, she looked really nervous-stressed (in particulat at the beginning of her song the first time she sang it). The location for ESC is usually much larger and with much more audience than our teatro Ariston, so I don't know how she will react.

Old 02-15-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urania93 View Post
According to the ESC page they haven't chosen the song yet. (At least It was written so the last time I read it).

Surely they will have to cut it, considering thst the maximum time for a song in the contest is 3:00 minutes. And they can still translate parts of that song or the whole of it, or decide to change completely the song. She already sang in both Italian and English, so there are still a lot of different possibilities.

Sincerely right now I'm a little worried because she didn't sing so well at Sanremo, she looked really nervous-stressed (in particulat at the beginning of her song the first time she sang it). The location for ESC is usually much larger and with much more audience than our teatro Ariston, so I don't know how she will react.
I think she's an alright singer, not the best on offer but once she learns to be more at ease when she's on stage, she could turn out into a good performer.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:40 AM

I have a question about the entry from Austria:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pvhx0z3ZFI
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loin_d%27ici

My question is easy: why it is in French? I don't want to be polemic, I'm just curious. Nowadays the most of countries choose to sing in English, or eventually in their national language. To choose another EU language instead seems like a really particular decision to me... are the Austrians happy about this?

(btw for me the song is good, not unforgettable but still good. I already like it more than our entry.)

Old 02-22-2016, 07:26 AM

2,729 posts, read 2,682,196 times
New participants introduced yet?

Old 02-22-2016, 09:09 AM

1,663 posts, read 3,468,680 times
Last week I flew from Madrid to Frankfurt with Barei from Spain, she was going to Kiev to performance.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:02 AM

24,205 posts, read 24,646,382 times
All the 9 finalists for next Saturday's final. Note, they are ordered according to Unibet's odds, from the favourite to the least favourite.

I don't know who I should vote for. What do you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe