Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 09:54 AM

221 posts, read 343,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6V4X_anKn4

I don't know who I should vote for. What do you think?

You should vote for Eini "Draamaa" because it's the only entry in Finnish. We need more songs with local language in the competition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 09:58 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,443,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
New participants introduced yet?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovi...ting_countries

According to wikipedia, so far the confirmed singers-bands are:
(when the song is confirmed too, I will post it under spoiler)

- For Armenia: Iveta Mukuchyan (with the song "Lovewave", that will be released on 2 March 2016)

- For Greece: the band "Argo", no title yet but wikipedia says that the language will be Greek

- For the Netherlands: Douwe Bob

- For Russia: Sergey Lazarev

- For San Marino: Serhat (another really strange choice, sometimes I have an hard time at understanding the Sanmarinesi...)

- For Austria: Zoë with the song "Loin d'ici" (in French)

- For Bosnia and Herzegovina: Dalal & Deen feat. Ana Rucner & Jala with the song "Ljubav je" (language Bosnian).

- For Cyprus: the band Minus One with the song "Alter Ego" The song should be released today, but I can't find it yet

- For Iceland: Greta Salóme with "Hear Them Calling"

- For Malta: Ira Losco

- For Montenegro: the band Highway

- For Belarus: Ivan with the song "Help You Fly"

- For Ireland: Nicky Byrne with"Sunlight"

- For Macedonia: Kaliopi with the song "Dona" (Дона) (in Macedonian, it will be released on 7 March 2016)

- For Switzerland: Rykka with the song "The Last of Our Kind"

- For Albania: Eneda Tarifa with the song "Fairytale Love"

Spoiler

The final song should be the English translation of this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIymTCP-UMc

- For Belgium: Laura Tesoro with "What's the Pressure"

- For Bulgaria: Poli Genova

- For Denmark: the band Lighthouse X with the song "Soldiers of Love"

- For Georgia: Nika Kocharov & Young Georgian Lolitaz with the song "Midnight Gold"

- For Ukraine: Jamala with the song "1944" (English + Crimean Tatar language)

- For Italy: Francesca Michielin

- For Spain: Barei with "Say Yay!"

Finally, have you heard about the new complications about the voting system? (Or better, how they will communicate the votes?)

Old 02-22-2016, 10:30 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakral View Post
You should vote for Eini "Draamaa" because it's the only entry in Finnish. We need more songs with local language in the competition.
I'll say Ei and Nei for Eini. Useless to send a low-class entry in a language nobody understands.

Urania93, yes I have. I think it's a good feature. Many years the winner is clear before half of the countries have given their points, and now you can for the first time really break up the amount of pts the public gives.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:30 AM

€-vision style pts...

Austria: 0 pts. Le très awful.
Bosnia: 1 pts. Not enough kebab removing.
Iceland: 0 pts. ÆæÆæÆæÆæÆæÆæÆæÞþÞþÞþÞþÞþÞ þÞþÞþÞþÞþÞþÞþÞþ. Shite.
Belarus: 0 pts. Please, help me fry. Bollox.
Ireland: 8 pts. Liked this one.
Switzerland: 2 pts. I guess this is ok. Not the best singer at all, but the melody is ok.
Albania: 10 pts. Very good.
Belgium: 0 pts. Zzzzzzzzzz. Saturday Night Sleepiness.
Denmark: 0 pts. Zzzzzzzzz.
Georgia: 4 pts. Ok, not my favourite, but better than the previous two.
Ukraine: 0 pts. IUUIUIUIUIUIUIUUIUUUUUUUUU. Blyad.
Spain: 6 pts. Yay, I liked this before already.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:57 PM

The Finnish representative this year is SANDHJA! The witch is dead! Tight competition, Sandhja won with 160 against Saara Aalto's 153 points. I voted for Tuuli Okkonen, as her song was really great and strong live this time, but Sandhja was my second favourite. Anything but the witch Saara Aalto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avbMxTthqMg

Old 02-27-2016, 02:59 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,127,899 times
Quote:
The Finnish representative this year is SANDHJA! The witch is dead! Tight competition, Sandhja won with 160 against Saara Aalto's 153 points. I voted for Tuuli Okkonen, as her song was really great and strong live this time, but Sandhja was my second favourite. Anything but the witch Saara Aalto.

This song reminds me of times gone by
I like her voice, especially on the lower notes. Although the way she hits the higher ones without preparation on the bridge (I think?) is pretty cool.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
This song reminds me of times gone by
I like her voice, especially on the lower notes. Although the way she hits the higher ones without preparation on the bridge (I think?) is pretty cool.
Hmm, might be true, that clip is remastered and some of the semifinalists only embarrassed themselves live. Live I didn't hear any failure in her hitting the notes, unlike Cristal Snow who was really lame. And Sandhja is such a lovely happy person with a 70's disco twist, a Finnish-Indian lower class nurse from Espoo. Who could dislike her? Nobody in our country at least.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:29 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,815,250 times
Quote:

One of the best selected songs until now, Finland should have a decent shot at winning i think.

It fits Eurovision that her win could be twisted politically (she's a descendant of immigrant and that seems enough)
It fits Eurovision that her song is dance-poppish
Only thing missing now would be an extravagant choreography and it's done

Old 02-27-2016, 03:55 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,127,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urania93 View Post
I've tried to listen to this song several times, but I fall asleep 0,5 seconds into it. It's boring to hell and back, to the point where even the singer looks like she's about to fall into a deep coma.
In fact, there's a moment were I swear you can see her pleading, "Please, set me free from this pile of garbage I am singing, I've done nothing to deserve this, let me die".

I can see the newspaper's titles now:

Millions fall asleep without warning as the song of Italy found its way into people's ears the night of the Eurovision festival.

Followed by:
Researchers have found the cure against chronic insomnia.
"It will put you to sleep faster than you can say "BORING!"

I can't even say this song is mediocre. It's got nothing going for it.

Old 02-27-2016, 04:03 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,815,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
I've tried to listen to this song several times, but I fall asleep 0,5 seconds into it. It's boring to hell and back, to the point where even the singer looks like she's about to fall into a deep coma.
In fact, there's a moment were I swear you can see her pleading, "Please, set me free from this pile of garbage I am singing, I've done nothing to deserve this, let me die".

I can see the newspaper's titles now:

Millions fall asleep without warning as the song of Italy found its way into people's ears the night of the Eurovision festival.

Followed by:
Researchers have found the cure against chronic insomnia.
"It will put you to sleep faster than you can say "BORING!"
If you know the language, it isn't as monotonous but we could have still picked a better choice, the only reason it got chosen was because of the band finishing first refusing and her being second but we could have had a more audacious choice bringing a catchy ballad such as Scanu's or a trip hop song such as Hunt's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe