Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 08:27 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
I think the problem is that you have an "all-or-nothing" type of thinking. You seem to mean that there is on one hand Germany which is filthy rich while Southern states are filthy poor, on par with Ethiopia and Somalia. Nonetheless this couldn't be more distant from reality.
I never claimed any of this. Germany isn't "filthy rich" and Italy isn't remotely "filthy poor". In global terms they're more similar than different economically.

All I responded to were previous claims that money was unimportant and completely unrelated to happiness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 01:46 AM

7 posts, read 6,105 times
It's possible to be developed but not wealthy.

E.g. A doctor appointment costs $5, a house costs $2000, etc meaning life is very cheap. Everyone has potable water, good healthcare, good education etc. But they can't afford a Gucci.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:23 AM

570 posts, read 604,986 times
When you said the barbarity of that "The Bronx is wealthier as Spain" I thought that in my previous comment had hurt his American patriotism unintentionally . I that is why I apologized but I see that you it this seriously believe .And it forces me to contradict you,

I know quite well USA(which I love)many american cities and also the Bronx.But I see that you are unfamiliar with Spain.that you know very few of Spain.-

Spain has a much lower economic Crisis than it had in the year USA 1929 there is a bubble housing as in USA in there was a bubble in the New York stock exchange .A temporary Crisis that once exceeded will return to us to grow steadily as in the last 70 years since our civil War.(hopefully).-More that the other europeans countries perhaps some less that Germany as was before of Crisis.-

This crisis it has particularly affected more severely to 3 millions immigrants who came to Spain in the last housing bubble and in part return to their countries of origin (construction workers) ,.

But Spain is very different from what you think.

Spain is the most attractive country in the world to visit and here they live 2 Million wealthy european retirees and 68 millions of tourists visit the country.

This year Spain is the num 2 in the world in Tourists.-Think all of high-speed trains (Is the country that more has in the world)highways and airports to move these people and the hospitals and this health
capacity means that no comparison in another country of our dimensions.- Spain has a capacities unmatched and also it has the less crime in the world maximum safety for people -

In another post I will explain with some numbers which is Spain you by what I see in your comments not imagine.

Perhaps if You visits us would not be the first tourists that fall in love with Spain. and he realizes the absurdity of his previous ideas about Spain-

Old 02-24-2016, 05:47 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post
Perhaps if You visits us would not be the first tourists that fall in love with Spain. and he realizes the absurdity of his previous ideas about Spain-
I have been to Spain many times, love the country, speak Spanish (though Latin American Spanish) and have no idea what anything you wrote has to do with my previous posts or the thread topic.

You're just ranting on about how cool you think Spain is, which I agree with. But it has nothing to do with contradicting hard economic data.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:56 AM

504 posts, read 465,540 times
I read somewhere recently (Reuters I think) that judged by private wealth, Italy is actually the richest country in Europe. The conclusion was that if they could just shift about 3% of it into the State coffers it would wipe out their enormous debt and public finance problems in one go.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:05 AM

Quote:

Spain is the most attractive country in the world to visit
That is pure conjecture.

Personally, I'd say it's my least favourite European country to visit. Too hot, too much parched landscape, and a lot of poverty away from the tourist spots. And I'm not keen on the food at all.

That the state has built high speed trains that run half empty, amazing highways that don't go anywhere, airports that have never opened, large new towns with almost nobody living in them speaks for the endemic corruption. Not to mention the catastrophic unemployment rate and the parlous state of so many local banks.

Scratch the surface, and Spain is third world.

Old 02-24-2016, 07:29 AM

570 posts, read 604,986 times
64 Otag.-
68 millons of tourists contradict to You,-

Old 02-24-2016, 07:45 AM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
That is pure conjecture.

Personally, I'd say it's my least favourite European country to visit. Too hot, too much parched landscape, and a lot of poverty away from the tourist spots. And I'm not keen on the food at all.

That the state has built high speed trains that run half empty, amazing highways that don't go anywhere, airports that have never opened, large new towns with almost nobody living in them speaks for the endemic corruption. Not to mention the catastrophic unemployment rate and the parlous state of so many local banks.

Scratch the surface, and Spain is third world.
3rd World? I get it you don't care for Spain and some of your comments I agree with but have you been to visit true 3rd world countries...Spain is far from 3rd world in every way I can think of. They also led the Euro zone in GDP growth last year and predicted to duplicate that again this year.

About the unemployment rate, I believe there must be a lot of under the table pay/work going on around here.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:14 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,837,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
3rd World? I get it you don't care for Spain and some of your comments I agree with but have you been to visit true 3rd world countries...Spain is far from 3rd world in every way I can think of. They also led the Euro zone in GDP growth last year and predicted to duplicate that again this year.

About the unemployment rate, I believe there must be a lot of under the table pay/work going on around here.
Have you been to Spain? Just curious.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
64 Otag.-
68 millons of tourists contradict to You,-
It's hot and, Barcelona/Sitges excepted, very cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe