Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 06:32 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zektor View Post
That shows the IQ of those heinz 57 americans coming on internet boards and talk about white, whiteness and the white man all the time, when real european people dont give a damn about all of this.
I'm not very big on pan-Europeanism, though I used to be. I identify with and love Ukraine above all else.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:11 AM

426 posts, read 394,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
No they aren't! White or truly fair skin originated in Northern Europe in Sweden about 7,700 years ago and then spread progressively throughout Europe.

Alice in the land of Kmart?

Old 03-14-2016, 09:43 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higherthannormal View Post
This isn't a racist thread but more of a reaction to those who think everyone from Western Europe should know a Black or Muslim.

Most immigration from Africa and Middle East (including Northern/Muslim South Asia) tends to lead to settlement in large urban cities, hence most Muslims and Blacks are concentrated in cities like Belgium, London or Paris.

Hindu Asians and East Asians tend to spread out more into the towns and villages, but they are far fewer in number compared to Muslims or Blacks.

This means that most Western Europeans will never spend much time around Muslims or Blacks.
Most Europeans themselves live in bigger cities as well, so many of them do have contact with such minorities. But of course it is nothing like Atlanta or Istanbul.

Than again, many immigrants are white as well, so their arrival does not change much about the racial makeup of Europe.

I wish Europe were less white, I really appreciate going to more exotic countries such as Brazil. I feel good in such colorful societies.

Old 03-14-2016, 11:29 AM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas1973 View Post
Comparing my hometown in Germany (pop about 49k) with it's American sister city in Massachusetts (pop about 40k). My hometown is hands-down more multi cultural. The American sister city has more racial diversity (much more black and hispanic people), but they all live the same culture, the American culture. Immigrants in the U.S. get assimilated very fast, they quickly quit their native culture. Not sure why they lost their roots so fast, maybe brainwashed by patriotism indoctrination?
Ideally that is exactly what you want. Regardless of ethnicity and race all the people in town should at least share a common culture or some sort of cultural rally point. Multi-ethnic and mono-cultural is stable. Multi-cultural and multi-ethnic is unstable if it goes unchecked for too long. When you have several groups living in close proximity that do not share any cultural overlap they will eventually begin to resent and distrust each other. Then violence.

Old 03-14-2016, 11:33 AM

[/quote]I wish Europe were less white, I really appreciate going to more exotic countries such as Brazil. I feel good in such colorful societies.[/quote]

Do you also wish Africa was less black?

or Asia less Asian?

Old 03-14-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Quote:
I wish Europe were less white, I really appreciate going to more exotic countries such as Brazil. I feel good in such colorful societies.
Do you also wish Africa was less black?

or Asia less Asian?
I don't really care because I don't live in Africa or Asia. Apart from that, Asia and Africa are much more diverse than Europe to begin with. I simply like being around colorful people, which is also why I prefer to live in bigger cities. I could simply not imagine living in a European small town anymore, where everyone looks the same, speaks the same dialect, etc. I want to feel like the whole world is right around the corner

Old 03-14-2016, 12:18 PM

7,501 posts, read 6,290,442 times
My neighbourhood is pretty multicultural. Aside from Italians, there are chinese, pakistanis, moroccans and people from eastern europe (mainly ukraine and Moldova). Africans tend to live in an area between my neighborhood and downtown.

Some other neighborhoods are more multicultural while others tend to be predominantly italian.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't really care because I don't live in Africa or Asia. Apart from that, Asia and Africa are much more diverse than Europe to begin with. I simply like being around colorful people, which is also why I prefer to live in bigger cities. I could simply not imagine living in a European small town anymore, where everyone looks the same, speaks the same dialect, etc. I want to feel like the whole world is right around the corner
Basically you like being around people of a variety of ethnicities because it makes YOU feel like you are a more open minded person. I can surround myself with a room full of paintings and sculptures it doesn't make me an artist. I would hope people would delight in being surrounded by a greater diversity of ideas, concepts, and philosophies. Not simply various hues of skin color.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:22 PM

No. I have always had a certain aversion against tribalism, patriotism, racism, etc., all those -isms that separate people.
I grew up in a town where there were no minorities, yet. I was so happy when I moved away and went abroad. I simply never liked the culture I am from. Even aesthetically I have always felt drawn to dark women for instance

Old 03-14-2016, 03:06 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,416 times
Yes, we have many areas still without seeing any blacks etc. What immigrants don't always remember, it is kind of shock. Not necessarily negative shock. But sometimes people could stare a black person mouth open just because he or she could be first one alive front of that cave dude..

I was staring a black student girl at school where our dance classes are kept at night time. She wore white and pastel colors and very doll like clothes with frill skirt. I was staring mainly because those colors were shining against her skin beautifully.

Apparently she was thinking I am a racist or something... I apparently looked like this

I don't know why being white should be a crime. We are white, so what, I hope we reproduce and keep up white population just because everyone should exist, blacks, whites and everything between

It is a climate thingy, firstly...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe