Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 09:53 AM

15 posts, read 128,007 times

Advertisements

Since I did a thread about how much Latin Americans love Blonde people with blue eyes, I want to know about how Europeans view people with black hair and brown eyes, do they find them exotic or what?

Old 10-02-2012, 10:27 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
It depends. There's people with brown eyes in northern European countries too, even (gasp) Sweden! Black hair, not so much, brown yes

Old 10-02-2012, 10:33 AM

985 posts, read 1,853,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordPressed View Post
Since I did a thread about how much Latin Americans love Blonde people with blue eyes, I want to know about how Europeans view people with black hair and brown eyes, do they find them exotic or what?
No.

What do you think Europeans look like? All blond and blue eyed?

Old 10-02-2012, 10:40 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,185,741 times
Many (20%?) ethnic Norwegians got brown eyes and dark hair (brown). It is not very exotic.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:15 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Totally normal. Usually it's accompanied by paler skin tone. Nothing exotic at all. In fact, it's the norm on most of the continent below the North Sea, it seems.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:42 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,242,365 times
Well, my father and brother have black hair and brown eyes so it's not that exotic to me. It is quite uncommon for ethnically Dutch people to have black hair though. My father and brother are sometimes mistaken as foreigners and my brother often gets compliments for his hair, especially when he was little. Anyone who says it's "totally normal" for Northern Europeans to have black hair is lying. I'd say the number of ethnically Dutch people who have black hair is around 5-10% at most. By far most people have either blonde or (dark) brown hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Many (20%?) ethnic Norwegians got brown eyes and dark hair (brown). It is not very exotic.
Brown hair is not black hair Brown hair is quite common indeed. In fact, it's probably more common in most European countries than blonde hair.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:22 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Well, my father and brother have black hair and brown eyes so it's not that exotic to me. It is quite uncommon for ethnically Dutch people to have black hair though. My father and brother are sometimes mistaken as foreigners and my brother often gets compliments for his hair, especially when he was little. Anyone who says it's "totally normal" for Northern Europeans to have black hair is lying. I'd say the number of ethnically Dutch people who have black hair is around 5-10% at most. By far most people have either blonde or (dark) brown hair.

Brown hair is not black hair Brown hair is quite common indeed. In fact, it's probably more common in most European countries than blonde hair.
Yeah I would say black hair is more of a Greek or southern Mediterranean thing. It's not exotic at all, especially since the closer you get to Turkey and Africa, the darker people become. Plus there's a lot of Muslim immigrants in northern Europe as well, so some people might associate black hair and brown eyes with the Muslims

Old 10-02-2012, 01:41 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,487,327 times
I am European with brown eyes and hair, it can be exotic in some places, but you can find too much variety depending on the country, I think people notice more about brown skin or exotic look than just brown eyes and hair, which is very usual in Europe.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:02 PM

18 posts, read 110,822 times
Last time I checked Greece, Italy and Spain were in Europe. Most people there have black hair and brown eyes.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:01 PM

599 posts, read 2,592,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post

Yes but the type of dark hair you see among northern europeans (swedes, danes, norwegians, dutch, northern germans) isnt usually the very deep darkbrown, black hair you see among non-european populations or the one you see among several southern europeans and people of balkan origins. A guy with novak djokovic hair color woulnt feel so common in rural denmark for example.

There is a lot of white americans with black hair, even brits and Irish with black hair, like zeta jones, victoria beckham or sean connery (brythonic origins). But black haired or dark/brown haired scandinavians/dutch/northern germans are not common at all, their brunettes are just medium/light brown for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe