Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 09:16 AM

820 posts, read 953,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbauknight View Post
No, not just "two countries" -- most every country in the world with the exception of Romania, Bulgaria, and (according to France 2 television news) India. Elsewhere, the study of French is either flat or in decline. This is even true in the UK, as formal language requirements have been weakened in recent years. The movement "La Francophonie" tries to sugarcoat the bad news for French by pointing to a bright "future" through the birth rates in sub-Saharan countries like the two Congos, the Central African Republic, Mali, Burkina Faso, and other ex-French and ex-Belgian colonies. But that's a dodgy method to also count everybody who speaks "market stall" French but does not speak or write it properly. That's how desperate the Francophonie folks have become.

But I agree: language is not the main topic of this thread and not the main problem I have with your posts. You're mired in an obsessive rage at some "Anglo-Saxon conspiracy" against La Douce France -- and other pearls of French conventional wisdom. There is no A-S conspiracy of propaganda or anything of the kind, and as I said above, the perceived "French decline" has been aptly (and amply) discussed throughout the European media. Most commentators and European economists feel that the French social model can't be sustained for much longer. Thus, it can't really serve as a model for others because few nations besides Norway can afford it. And it's a drag on the French economy, which cannot grow. And sustained economic growth is how economists rate the economic vitality of a country. The better model of balance and pragmatism for larger countries is Germany, where strikes rarely get out of control and where the economy is far more dynamic than in France. No one is following the French model except in regards to minor things like parental leave (for mothers and for fathers), public transportation (light rail and high-speed trains), and better baguettes. But we should all demand good French baguettes, in Cleveland as in Clermont-Ferrand. I will gladly lead that reform movement.
Haha ok
Yes the STUDY of French is in decline if you want, but who cares if French is surging?
There will be more and more people with French as mother tongue. So who cares if the study of French is declining today? It won t change 1 billion people will speak fluent French in the comming years.

Again and again you are totally Brain washed.
French economy grew faster than German economy for the last 10,20,30,40 years!
The anglo propaganda is total. You are totally Brain washed like most europeans.

There is nothing better than French economy.
For 40 years we told us that our system is not sustainable..

Old 06-23-2016, 09:29 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,555,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
Haha ok
Yes the STUDY of French is in decline if you want, but who cares if French is surging?
There will be more and more people with French as mother tongue. So who cares if the study of French is declining today? It won t change 1 billion people will speak fluent French in the comming years.

Again and again you are totally Brain washed.
French economy grew faster than German economy for the last 10,20,30,40 years!
The anglo propaganda is total. You are totally Brain washed like most europeans.

There is nothing better than French economy.
For 40 years we told us that our system is not sustainable..
Then how is it smaller than German economy

Old 06-23-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Then how is it smaller than German economy
Is it a real question?
There are 81 million people in Germany thus it will take time to overpass Germany.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:51 PM

1,529 posts, read 915,698 times
Quote:
Is it a real question?
There are 81 million people in Germany thus it will take time to overpass Germany.

Not in a hundred years. Besides, what has the population size got to do with it. According to your facts and data compared to the germans the french breed like rabbits so you should catch up with Germany in a few short years.You have also told us repeatedly that french workers are the most productive, efficient and hard working in the world.

Now, to use a good old english/american proverb, "get your a$$ in gear and get moving". Who knows you might just make it by 2117. Yes thats two thousand one one seven. I gave you an extra year.

BTW, your english is pretty good most of the time. It just needs a little improvement here and there. In the above context you do not "overpass", someone or something you "overtake". Just thought your world class education could use some help

Old 06-23-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
Not in a hundred years.

During all financial crisis, French economy contracts slightly but the German/US/UK economies contract a lot. It is the roller coasters...They are too dependent to the international economic situation.
We expect the world to be more vulnerable to financial crisis in the near future. France will be the biggest winner like always.
It could be in 2017 with the rate hike in the US/UK/ and also EU.
I am currently betting a lot in the stock market and I have been winning a lot of money since 2010. Markets are on a bearish trend since Marsh 2015. It will affect without doubt countries with funded pensions. Funded pensions are today at their best, highest level and look great...It is the start of an end.

Trend :
Bull on the short term
Bear MT and LT

Euro will go up against the pound and the dollar.
The pound is on a bearish trend. Tomorrow, Remain will win and then (few days/weeks after) the pound will continue declining for the next 10 years. The US dollar too.
EUR/GBP will never go under 0.69 , ==> 0.85
EUR/USD will stay above 1.05 ===> 1.25 ==> 1.50 before 2020
All markets will go down 'til 2017

You think I am wrong? Come back in 2017!

PS: don't forget, GDP per capita, GDP by country, Wealth is especially correlated to exchange rate...
If your money goes down by 20%, your economy looks 20% smaller even if nothing has changed...

Last edited by amaroW; 06-23-2016 at 04:07 PM..

Old 06-23-2016, 05:41 PM

1,987 posts, read 2,107,839 times
I think le nombrilisme franco-français -- typical native French navel-gazing -- is your big character flaw, Amaro. You truly have an exaggerated idea of France's importance. This is a problem with the French in general, though not for their economists and their nightly TV news analysts. I listen to them and watch them, and they all look toward the US to raise the fortunes of the world economy. An economy the size of France is far less significant -- much like Johnny Hallyday is to the history of rock. I'd hedge my bets on the US, the English-speaking world, and also on Germany if I were you. Less-rigid economies, more growth, far less navel-gazing.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
During all financial crisis, French economy contracts slightly but the German/US/UK economies contract a lot. It is the roller coasters...They are too dependent to the international economic situation.
We expect the world to be more vulnerable to financial crisis in the near future. France will be the biggest winner like always.
It could be in 2017 with the rate hike in the US/UK/ and also EU.
I am currently betting a lot in the stock market and I have been winning a lot of money since 2010. Markets are on a bearish trend since Marsh 2015. It will affect without doubt countries with funded pensions. Funded pensions are today at their best, highest level and look great...It is the start of an end.

Trend :
Bull on the short term
Bear MT and LT

Euro will go up against the pound and the dollar.
The pound is on a bearish trend. Tomorrow, Remain will win and then (few days/weeks after) the pound will continue declining for the next 10 years. The US dollar too.
EUR/GBP will never go under 0.69 , ==> 0.85
EUR/USD will stay above 1.05 ===> 1.25 ==> 1.50 before 2020
All markets will go down 'til 2017

You think I am wrong? Come back in 2017!

PS: don't forget, GDP per capita, GDP by country, Wealth is especially correlated to exchange rate...
If your money goes down by 20%, your economy looks 20% smaller even if nothing has changed...
Bloody hell, we have another Soros on our hands. So what should I do amaroW? Buy? Sell? What? You said all markets will go down til 2017. Does that mean stock markets, currency markets, precious metals, oil, gas etc. Let's sell everything, but against what? To bad the French Franc no longer exists. I guess there goes my chance of becoming a millionaire like amaroW.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbauknight View Post
I think le nombrilisme franco-français -- typical native French navel-gazing -- is your big character flaw, Amaro. You truly have an exaggerated idea of France's importance. This is a problem with the French in general, though not for their economists and their nightly TV news analysts. I listen to them and watch them, and they all look toward the US to raise the fortunes of the world economy. An economy the size of France is far less significant -- much like Johnny Hallyday is to the history of rock. I'd hedge my bets on the US, the English-speaking world, and also on Germany if I were you. Less-rigid economies, more growth, far less navel-gazing.
Let's face it, amaroW is like the proverbial brick wall. Naturally made from french bricks because nobody can make them as well as the french. Nothing can get through, reasoning, talking, arguing, insulting, agreeing, debating absolutely nothing. He has all the facts and data and of course he is never wrong because he is french. Wait a minute, he mentioned when he first joined that he was half british and half french. No wonder the young man is so confused.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:46 AM

Good morning,

Finally we have Brexit and it helps for my trading positions.
Markets are crashing and pounds too.

The financial and economic crisis is starting!

Old 06-24-2016, 03:34 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,868,743 times
Whatever... I guess watching the chaotic pictures of France didn't help the "in" camp in the UK.
Now the British are setting themselves free from Brussels, it's time for France to do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe