Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2016, 04:25 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
You want good teeth and a private room in a hospital and you cry because you are not refunded?
Is it a joke?
Those things are free in the U.S. with private insurance, which the vast majority of households have.

Just had a baby, and no charge for private room for three days. Teeth cleanings are also 100% covered, up to three times a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 04:37 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,192,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Those things are free in the U.S. with private insurance, which the vast majority of households have.

Just had a baby, and no charge for private room for three days. Teeth cleanings are also 100% covered, up to three times a year.
Teeth cleanings are reimbursed here too, I was thinking more of teeth replacement, let me find a better wording than that -- you know when you have your front teeth well, too much in front and you have trouble speaking or whatever and you need to have them removed and the jaw moved ? This isn't reimbursed -- unless it's part of a chronic illiness then it's mostly reimbursed to totally reimbursed (I should be checking things up but I really can't). Same for long stay in the hospital (not just a couple days, this isn't "interesting" for what I wanted to say, maternity stay in the hospital is taken in charge by the sécurité sociale, when you have to stay for a day for example, when I had my wisdom teeth removed, the double room (standard) was 25euros and not reimbursed, same when I had my feet surgery -- 35 euros not reimbursed, neither the next bandages and pensements beside the ones given by the pharmacy on my fiche de soins etc but it depends on people and the care you need) I was talking about ALD here too). I have CMU and a ALD and even that doesn't cover everything. But whatever, amaro will have me for that.

Last edited by Eden Morlevent; 06-24-2016 at 04:50 PM..

Old 06-24-2016, 04:54 PM

820 posts, read 954,018 times
Cmu is the worst you can have in France. It is 100% free.
I have a mutuelle paid by my company. Everything is covered at 100% even Louis Vuitton sun glasses at 2500 dollars and solar cream... I pay nothing.

Private rooms are also free.
But sometimes you share your room and if you want a private room with CMU (for unemployed people) you have to pay if it exceed 2 weeks

Old 06-24-2016, 04:59 PM

I am currently in a party with French friends. That s funny because they were speaking about the French bashing worldwide. They said "it is incredible what is said about France on international media. Only lies whereas there is nothing as amazing as France etc etc

Old 06-24-2016, 05:07 PM

What I though yeah, you don't have those common problems that poor and ill people have.

Well, nevermind, keep making people think that we are a bunch of arrogant spoiled little kids, it's not like it's hurting, uh ? Do you also have champagne everyday and all ? Must be great if your mutuelle pays everything, some can't even have food and need to go to the resto du coeur, do you even know what that is ? Hum...

Old 06-24-2016, 05:13 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,558,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
What I though yeah, you don't have those common problems that poor people have.

Well, nevermind, keep making people think that we are a bunch of arrogant spoiled little kids, it's not like it's hurting, uh ? Do you also have champagne everyday and all ? Must be great if your mutuelle pays everything, some can't even have food and need to go to the resto du coeur, do you even know what that is ? Hum...
amaroW is the governor of Banque de France.

He is well paid

Old 06-24-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post

He is well paid
Must be something like that yeah, lives in his little bubble -- a kind of French that have been raised and grew up with the idea that France is so great, so when you tell them that it isn't, they tell you "but DATAAAAAAS". F*ck datas, this is reality, and reality cannot be changed for the likes of some non-poor person who have the "luxury" of having a safe job and money every month and such.

Old 06-24-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post

Comparing the French health insurance system with the American health insurance system is ridiculous. It is like comparing Google with the unknown start up close to where I live

France is number one by far

http://www.journaldunet.com/economie...fficaces.shtml

Last edited by amaroW; 06-24-2016 at 06:05 PM..

Old 06-24-2016, 05:19 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,558,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
Must be something like that yeah, lives in his little bubble -- a kind of French that have been raised and grew up with the idea that France is so great, so when you tell them that it isn't, they tell you "but DATAAAAAAS". F*ck datas, this is reality, and reality cannot be changed for the likes of some non-poor person who have the "luxury" of having a safe job and money every month and such.
I know i know.

The reality is much more different for poor, ill and disabled people.

I don't know if things are a little better or worse than EU average in France but overall it doesn't look good.

Old 06-24-2016, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post

He is well paid
I absolutely don t take my particular situation. I am just speaking about the average French person, and real data, stats. Not a particular situation like yours.

And I am not Villeroy, the governor.
My job is well paid for a 25 year old guy but I m just picking Real data and real stat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe