Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2016, 07:16 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,557,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nam2015 View Post
Why? Let me tell you one angle of the story....I have friends, from the continent, living -until now legally -, working, home owners, and paying taxes to the noise in the UK. And now they have been told to stuffed it and that might been deemed unskilled enough and have to lve the country in two years having to sell all their belongings, or worst deemed skilled but being tied to a single employer in servitude with few weeks to spare if sacked.
Nice to have been living and contributing to the country for years to be given the finger, one of them said she started to feel quite rejected, though she is a much needed nurse. She is already looking to move to Ireland, Sweden, and she will move in an instant to Scotland if they remain somehow.
If they really leave the UE, I hope all british in the UE are sent packing back, you know, they are also migrants.
That's not bad at all.

Economy will be booming, unemployment will be lower and workers will see wage growth!!

Immigrants or EU workers will eventually be kicked, that's the fact.

One way or another
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 08:16 PM

275 posts, read 185,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
That's not bad at all.

Economy will be booming, unemployment will be lower and workers will see wage growth!!

Immigrants or EU workers will eventually be kicked, that's the fact.

One way or another
There are thousands of nurses from the UE working on the NHS, if they leave, are you going to replace them with born and bred British nurses? Nope, there are no extras from the UK, that's the reason UE nurses were hired, and being free of moving employers kept salaries high. You will have to replace them with Asian nurses, the Philippines comes to mind, they are good actually, but I guess not as white as you would like. And being confined to an employer visa would allow companies to create a servant subclass, that would bring back the Empire feeling you are missing.

You don't have to worry about the financial jobs, those would leave on their own to Frankfurt, latest estimates are 100k jobs lost in the city alone....and those are the jobs whose taxes were counted by the leavers to be used within the UK.

What do you companies will do when they cannot find candidates within the UK? oh well! I will leave you to enjoy your fantasy of a pure English blood country.
Meanwhile, we will request British residents to move to their country and to pay for a visa (including police background check) to come to the continent. You can always vacation somewhere else...Sourthern Europe has been getiing used to British going to norhtern africa and Turkey anyway.
Food could also being imported from non UE soirces, Florida is not too far away.

Old 06-26-2016, 01:01 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
There are thousands of nurses from the UE working on the NHS, if they leave, are you going to replace them with born and bred British nurses? Nope, there are no extras from the UK, that's the reason UE nurses were hired, and being free of moving employers kept salaries high. You will have to replace them with Asian nurses, the Philippines comes to mind, they are good actually, but I guess not as white as you would like. And being confined to an employer visa would allow companies to create a servant subclass, that would bring back the Empire feeling you are missing.

You don't have to worry about the financial jobs, those would leave on their own to Frankfurt, latest estimates are 100k jobs lost in the city alone....and those are the jobs whose taxes were counted by the leavers to be used within the UK.

What do you companies will do when they cannot find candidates within the UK? oh well! I will leave you to enjoy your fantasy of a pure English blood country.
Meanwhile, we will request British residents to move to their country and to pay for a visa (including police background check) to come to the continent. You can always vacation somewhere else...Sourthern Europe has been getiing used to British going to norhtern africa and Turkey anyway.
Food could also being imported from non UE soirces, Florida is not too far away.
Honestly where do people get all of this from, we are not closing our borders to skilled European workers indeed we are going to welcome them.

Old 06-26-2016, 01:39 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post

The Euro has been a weakness but it can be a strenght, the problem is that Nordic countries, the Netherlands and Germany would need a strong euro to excel while Mediterranean countries and France would probably need a euro on par or weaker than the US dollar to be able to export more. By the way, the problems you talk about are of little importance and show that the negatives are outweighted by the positives especially if we are capable to change how the EU works
How can the Euro be a strenght? The countries are too different to have the same currency, it is the Euro that causes the strife. You are upset with the northern countries and feel treated unjustly (?), the northern countries think vice versa about the southern countries, at least these problems would not exist without the Euro.

Old 06-26-2016, 02:59 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,020,583 times
Quote:
You will have to replace them with Asian nurses, the Philippines comes to mind, they are good actually, but I guess not as white as you would like. .
You'd be mistaken if you think the leavers want only white Eastern Europeans. In fact, you're just helping fuel their retarded excuse "but we're not racists, we prefer Indians over Romanians".

If we forget for the melanin levels for a second, choosing immigration from India over Bulgaria makes zero sense because: India has over 100 times the population of countries like Bulgaria(one f***ing hundred times more people will be ready to move to the UK soon...), it's also poorer than any Eastern European country and way more distant.

It's like the UK had reached some sort of Swedish-level of xenophobia: "We'll do all sort of dumb sh*t, for as long as we're not racist against brown and black".

Old 06-26-2016, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
You'd be mistaken if you think the leavers want only white Eastern Europeans. In fact, you're just helping fuel their retarded excuse "but we're not racists, we prefer Indians over Romanians".

If we forget for the melanin levels for a second, choosing immigration from India over Bulgaria makes zero sense because: India has over 100 times the population of countries like Bulgaria(one f***ing hundred times more people will be ready to move to the UK soon...), it's also poorer than any Eastern European country and way more distant.

It's like the UK had reached some sort of Swedish-level of xenophobia: "We'll do all sort of dumb sh*t, for as long as we're not racist against brown and black".
The leavers would rather have no migrants at all!
I think they rationalize Asians, westbindians and so forth because they were part of the Empire, they will know to stay in their place and leave imprtant matters to the ruling class.
This vote has been all about going back to the 50s, even the votes age / class statistics show that.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Honestly where do people get all of this from, we are not closing our borders to skilled European workers indeed we are going to welcome them.
You are giving a collective fingers to the UE residents telling them they will "selected" and their rights to vote in local elections, to change employer, to receive assistance even if tney pay taxes will be gone, and you yhink people will stay! they will move at the first opportunity. Actuallly, a lot of them will have to when the companies relocate.

I guess it is worth for 51.9% of the electorate, but they didn't think through being allowed to trade withthe UE comes with conditions, as trading with anyone else. in the world.

Old 06-26-2016, 06:03 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You know what's telling to me? The vitriol directed at the UK by so many Europeans. If the EU will be just fine without the UK (and who knows - maybe it will be and if so that's great), then why on earth do so many Europeans feel the need to be snippy, or bitter, or to ridicule the people of the UK, who spoke their minds in a democratic vote?

When I see a reaction like this, to me I think it smacks of a bit of angst. "THAT'S RIGHT, GO AHEAD AND LEAVE - SEE IF WE CARE! WE DIDN'T LIKE YOU ANYWAY! SO THERE!" Usually when someone is saying that, what they really mean is something along the lines of, "Oh my gosh. I can't believe you just left. Why are you deserting me? And come to think of it, I feel a little bit scared and insecure."

I'm not leveling that accusation at anyone in particular, on this thread or in real life - I'm just saying that if Europe doesn't need the UK, why are so many Europeans so irate about the UK wanting out of the EU? What's the big deal?
I could say the same about some in the Brexit camp. "OI fookin' wankers we don't care about Sweden/Luxembourg/Brussels we are fookin' BRITAIN! RULE BRITANNIA! Feck off you wankers in Europe! WE DO WHAT WE WANT, EVERYONE HATES US, WE DON'T CARE!"

Old 06-26-2016, 06:47 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,024,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I could say the same about some in the Brexit camp. "OI fookin' wankers we don't care about Sweden/Luxembourg/Brussels we are fookin' BRITAIN! RULE BRITANNIA! Feck off you wankers in Europe! WE DO WHAT WE WANT, EVERYONE HATES US, WE DON'T CARE!"
I would like to see this particular post! Where did you see that?

Old 06-26-2016, 07:31 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,557,851 times
Brexit will make Anglo-Saxon land great again.

It's not great again.

There'll be probably about 30K immigrants instead of 300K last year.

And i mean mostly 3rd world.

Britain is a very small island.

They can't sustain so many people.

Math is very simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe