Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2016, 11:28 AM

8,863 posts, read 8,434,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Randal Walker View Post
Other articles have mentioned Britain expanding trade with Vietnam, India, China..... In the case of sanctions against Russia, it would be more a matter of reinstating trade.

The idea is that the British would look for opportunities over seas, beyond the EU countries. To diversify their trade/trade partners.

This would be a long term strategy.

I expect the British economy to be in distress for a number of years.
I find it pretty laughable that some British people would actually buy that they could get what they want from India and Vietnam or fascist regime like China.

Do you seriously think that India and Vietnam are going to be reliable and sustainable markets like the rest of the EU states? They are thousands upon thousands of miles away, their economy size is tiny compares to the EU, and their people are just absolutely **** poor.

Do you seriously think that an anti-West, nationalist, non-transparent organisation like China, whose size is many times larger than the UK, is just gonna open their arms and be bffs with you? Think your freedom is diminished because of the EU? China is gonna give you the ride you ask for. The day where no British media outlets would dare to criticise the communist party is numbered if you choose to be China's western front, like what has already happened to Hong Kong and your politicians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 11:49 AM

85 posts, read 64,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I find it pretty laughable that some British people would actually buy that they could get what they want from India and Vietnam or fascist regime like China.

Do you seriously think that India and Vietnam are going to be reliable and sustainable markets like the rest of the EU states? They are thousands upon thousands of miles away, their economy size is tiny compares to the EU, and their people are just absolutely **** poor.

Do you seriously think that an anti-West, nationalist, non-transparent organisation like China, whose size is many times larger than the UK, is just gonna open their arms and be bffs with you? Think your freedom is diminished because of the EU? China is gonna give you the ride you ask for. The day where no British media outlets would dare to criticise the communist party is numbered if you choose to be China's western front, like what has already happened to Hong Kong and your politicians.
China is the second largest economy in the world. There are many rich people there. This is so commonsensical I don't even need to show a link you must be a hick if you didn't know it.

Also in terms of growth rates, EU has got the lowest growth among all continents worldwide... Rock bottom unless you wanted to compare with Antarctica penguins. It's a sunset continent which is why it's been resorting to protectionism to try to delay the inevitable. The U.K. Is smart enough to unshackle itself from a deadweight.

The only continent with weaker economic growth than Europe is Antarctica*

Old 07-06-2016, 11:51 AM

26,773 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
We can arrange a forest fight if you want and it makes you feel better. Are you Spartak, Lokomotiv or CSKA Moscow? ---
Nah, that would be an organized event; all spontaneity of the moment would be lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwwXeAxUGj0

Old 07-06-2016, 12:58 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,790,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Nah, that would be an organized event; all spontaneity of the moment would be lost.
We can do that as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fYPNSXHtxI

Old 07-06-2016, 01:16 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,836,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Nobody has said that we won't have immigration, what has been said is that we will decide on the issue and will encourage skilled people rather than non-skilled people. Plumbers may well be deemed skilled.
Nevertheless, I'd suggest get your plumbing up to date just in case, you never know.

Old 07-06-2016, 02:09 PM

1,529 posts, read 915,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I'm curious - why such malice in your posts?
Malice?

My answer to a similar question was, I enjoy rubbing people up the wrong way.

Also, I get very frustrated with posters who comment on subjects they don't understand.

You have a nice day. Got to go back to watch the second half of Wales vs Portugal. Go Wales. I want to see us play them in the final.

Old 07-06-2016, 02:25 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,012,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
Hell yeah you've started deflecting with strawmaning, haven't you?
I did not suggest all British tourists behave badly, I especifically said "your brats can't behave" instead of "You can't behave" which to your brain it might not make much of a difference, but it does.

So we become accomodating to your food schedules because you're the most visiting nationality? It doesn't give any of you the excuse to get wasted and wreck havoc.
A person invites you to their home and are as hospitable as can be and you respond by emptying every bottle of booze they have and ****ting on their couch? It's not their fault for being a nice host who expected you'd be capable of acting in a civilized manner.

Like I said we don't have to change our lifestyle just so brainless British kids won't visit. Our clubs open 'til late because the Spanish party 'til late, but our club's schedule is not an invitation for British to lose control and we won't change our ways just because your youth is prone to losing their mind. You should be the ones giving them a proper education.
Funny that you mention Benidorm; Alicante as a whole is crazy popular as a vacation destination for other Spaniards. We get far more tourism from within the country than from outside, and Benidorm isn't any different. They don't owe you anything, much less their growth.

Also, I understand comprehending ideas as a whole is very difficult for you, but I'm not dismissing Estonian food. You're whining about the lack of success of English food in France and I'm giving you an example about how other nationalities deal with it, too. You're not special snowflakes being oppressed for your Englishness, everyone elses' cuisine, fashion, engineering industries or what have you are being ignored at best, laughed at at worst, but you don't care about it. You just care about UK not getting free blowies, to hell with everyone else who's also not getting recognition for anything.

We were already harshly hit by the global crisis (And made into the butt of the joke because of it) do you really think we're afraid of you leaving when the worse has already passed?
P.S.: You don't make up the 100% of our tourism, so don't worry, there won't be empty hotels.

NOBODY is forcing you or any Spaniard to serve English kids alcohol, if you don't like the way they behave DONT SERVE THEM its perfectly simple, they won't stop serving them though because they want their money, you make the bed, you sleep in it.

Old 07-06-2016, 02:51 PM

8,863 posts, read 8,434,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander7 View Post
China is the second largest economy in the world. There are many rich people there. This is so commonsensical I don't even need to show a link you must be a hick if you didn't know it.

Also in terms of growth rates, EU has got the lowest growth among all continents worldwide... Rock bottom unless you wanted to compare with Antarctica penguins. It's a sunset continent which is why it's been resorting to protectionism to try to delay the inevitable. The U.K. Is smart enough to unshackle itself from a deadweight.

The only continent with weaker economic growth than Europe is Antarctica*
When did I ever argue that China isn't the 2nd largest economy in the world?

Growth rate of developing countries is never sustainable. Vietnam and India have really high growth rate now but such figure can only last so long. They will hit the ceiling once they reach a certain level of development, like what happened to all developed countries.

Old 07-06-2016, 03:54 PM

2,639 posts, read 1,992,636 times
http://civitas.org.uk/publications/r...-manufacturing

Check out the pdf.

Author indicates that the UK is over reliant on the export of financial services, and income from investments.

What happens when other nations learn to manage their own money?

British manufacturing has been in severe decline. Revitalizing industry may be key to reviving the British economy.

It is argued that substituting British products for imported products should be emphasized. And that the UK may need to practice...this will shock you...protectionism.

Last edited by Tim Randal Walker; 07-06-2016 at 04:23 PM..

Old 07-06-2016, 03:59 PM

7,676 posts, read 5,519,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
Malice?

My answer to a similar question was, I enjoy rubbing people up the wrong way.

Also, I get very frustrated with posters who comment on subjects they don't understand.
I see. Troller
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe