Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 10:52 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,797,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Who said anything about going back to pre 1973? I believe the Norwegians and the Swiss (among others) have perfectly well managed good governments operating outside the EU? How will Britain do outside the EU?
The thing is that both countries are in the common market and Schengen. So in essence nothing would change if you took the path of Norway, you just don't have any say those matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 11:44 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,836,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
My bitterness stems from that the EU needs a reform, and as a stong member I would've hoped Britain would've been a part of that instead of deserting. Also my country lost one of it's most important allies, now we have to balance between Germany and France.
I think the EU should temporarily step back on the integration process for a decade or two, and we just lost the strongest anti-integration leaning member.
And the vote were so differing between generations. Young people in my age voted overwhealmingly to remain, while the baby-boomers made their last selfish stand by voting to leave.
Finally, the Brexit campaign has been ugly, with all "f*ck Europe" and "no more Polish vermin" kind of smearing, even harrassing on the street.
Well your generation didn't bother to vote in the first place, so hush hush.

The selfish baby-boomers have experienced the world with and without the EU, which 'your' generation hasn't. In regards to matters like these, I'd rather side with older more experienced folks than with children, who only know how to get ****faced the best.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Well your generation didn't bother to vote in the first place, so hush hush.

The selfish baby-boomers have experienced the world with and without the EU, which 'your' generation hasn't. In regards to matters like these, I'd rather side with older more experienced folks than with children, who only know how to get ****faced the best.
That's their problem and deficit.

You haven't even experienced the Soviet Union, so...

Old 06-29-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
That's their problem and deficit.

You haven't even experienced the Soviet Union, so...
You have? I know you visited Tallinn as a not yet fully developed dwarf and got a bloody nose, but other than that? I grew up in the aftermath, it was a blast.

But what has the SU got to do with the OT?

Old 06-29-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
You have? I know you visited Tallinn as a not yet fully developed dwarf and got a bloody nose, but other than that? I grew up in the aftermath, it was a blast.

But what has the SU got to do with the OT?
Kiddo, I was merely saying that don't play the age card on me.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:33 PM

Sorry papa Pekka, I'll try to obey from now on.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:50 PM

55 posts, read 50,039 times
And those people realistically believe their economy will flourish by kicking out Poles and importing Nigerians?

Those good old tea drinkers with their humoUr.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:59 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,190,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Asexual but you have a horn.
Yes but it's a fake one, sadly... made with a cucumber. I am not holy enough to have a real one so that's why I have to live with you humans now. How sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
Easy with that horn, gal
Hellooooo you... do you wanna touch my horn ?

This thread has become much too serious, it's not funny anymore.
We need more pictures of Trump making weird faces.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:25 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,017,825 times
Quote:
The thing is that both countries are in the common market and Schengen. So in essence nothing would change if you took the path of Norway, you just don't have any say those matters.
You seem so bitter? The thing is that British people have a right to say how they want to be governed, that's what democracy is, it seems to me that the attitude of some Europeans goes to show just how far down this EU road we had travelled. The truth is it's not actually anybody else's business how the British want to be governed just like its not our business how things work in Australia or Peru, Britain hasn't declared war, Britons themselves don't dislike Poles, Swedes, Germans, Italians or the French, well actually the French..............(Joking of course!). British people want Britain to work but not at the detriment of Europe, we would quite like Europe to work too after all we are still European. As a country Britain is not just European, it is also part of a commonwealth, an Anglosphere and NATO ideally cordial relationships with all would be beneficial to all.

Old 06-30-2016, 02:40 AM

107 posts, read 107,771 times
Main issues are in UK not in the EU. Scotland, London, Gibraltar, Brighton, Expats, Northen Ireland and any Brit with certain educational level are for the EU and it has been shown that the BREXIT campaign was packed with lies.

The campaign was, as you well know, based on lies and hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe