Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think eastern European countries will be as diverse as France and England?
Yes 2 4.76%
No 40 95.24%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 09:12 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,244,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattangirl View Post
I can't believe that people are discussing the diversity of 500 person villages as an indication of the diversity of a nation.
No one made such a claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 02:35 AM

14,808 posts, read 11,888,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Yeah, if this was true I wouldn't call them 'island monkeys' - but maybe you know better...

And now that the inselaffe are finally out the eu, they should sh*t up whining about bulgaria/romania as their supposed "goal" is achieved. But if their goal is to whine infinitly then fine, I've never liked their foggy "paradise" either.

You seem rather 'bitter' did your girlfriend run off with a British guy by any chance? Island monkeys is rather xenophobic, I suggest you tone it down a little, the fact you don't seem to like the British is not going to worry us much now is it, your post doesn't bring anything to this conversation other than a childish rant against the British, is there actually a point to your post?

Old 07-18-2016, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I don't think that's true. How is Netherlands "far more racially diverse"?

If someone walks through Amsterdam and then through Stuttgart or Frankfurt or Cologne, I don't think they would sense a major difference in relative diversity. In big German cities, something like 70%+ of schoolkids are foreign born or children of foreign born.
As somebody else pointed out earlier its to do with countries that historically had colonies across the globe. Take a look at a Dutch national sporting team, you will see more diversity than an equivalent German one, nobody is suggesting that there is 'no' diversity in Germany, its just the Netherlands has more diversity in its population.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:47 AM

1,141 posts, read 1,981,226 times
Not for the foreseeable future! The wealth gap between Western and Eastern Europe is the biggest reason why I don't see it happening anytime soon!

Old 07-18-2016, 07:34 AM

2,975 posts, read 2,795,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Nevertheless Holland is far more racially diverse than Germany, I'm not sure exactly what your point is??
But why should we look at racial diversity? First of all, there's a single race and the proper term would be "ethnic" diversity. Second, cultural diversity is more important and defining than ethnic diversity. An Italian Muslim is more different from the average Italian than a black skinned Catholic of Nigerian descent

Old 07-18-2016, 10:03 AM

322 posts, read 473,057 times
Quote:
Nevertheless Holland is far more racially diverse than Germany, I'm not sure exactly what your point is??

It seems you havent been to germany recently.

Germany is still less racially diverse than the Netherlands, However I wouldnt consider it "far less", Specially not when talking about Western Germany which in my opinion might be the area of europe with the greater increase of diversity in the last few years, along with sweden and parts of norway. Italy or Greece are far less diverse than the Netherlands, not Germany.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
But why should we look at racial diversity? First of all, there's a single race and the proper term would be "ethnic" diversity. Second, cultural diversity is more important and defining than ethnic diversity. An Italian Muslim is more different from the average Italian than a black skinned Catholic of Nigerian descent
Yes and the same can be said anywhere in Europe.

Old 07-20-2016, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Yes and the same can be said anywhere in Europe.
My point is that the whole premise of this thread is wrong

Old 07-20-2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
My point is that the whole premise of this thread is wrong
Its not, Western European countries are more diverse than Eastern European ones, that does mean to say that there is no diversity in Eastern Europe.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Its not, Western European countries are more diverse than Eastern European ones, that does mean to say that there is no diversity in Eastern Europe.
It is but people keep calculating it according to racial lines when for example several of the Caribbean British are as British as the Queen nowadays
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe