Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 06:38 PM

1,330 posts, read 2,590,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Which demographic of the population is providing the 72%?
71% of the birth in France have both parents born in France,.
29% of the birth in France had at least one foreign born parent
14% of the birth in France had both parents foreign born.

86% of the birth in France have at least one parent born in France.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas982 View Post
Lol, no they really don't. You obviosly haven't been to calais recently. Look with your eyes, not with your friend missure hollande's.
If you call that a closed border, i'd hate to see an open one
If you knew the situation, you would know that Calais are refugees who want to go to UK.
It's not people who come to live in France. If they were there to live in France, would be no Calais and these refugees would be distributed all over the territory and invisible.

France is part of Schengen and is surrounded by countries which are part of Schengen (Belgium, Germany, Luxemburg, Switzerland, Italy, Spain). It means that its borders are open.
But immigration to France is not the refugees in Calais and even if France have open border with its neighbors (Belgium, Germany, Luxemburg, Switzerland, Italy, Spain), it does not mean that anybody can settle in France.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 07:03 PM

2,632 posts, read 2,029,741 times
And of the 86%, what is the ethnic and religious breakdown.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:36 PM

No ethnic or religious data in France.
Anyway unlike what KathrynAragon wrote, France's population growth is not due to immigration but to birthrate.

Old 07-30-2016, 03:20 AM

827 posts, read 620,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
71% of the birth in France have both parents born in France,.
29% of the birth in France had at least one foreign born parent
14% of the birth in France had both parents foreign born.
Do you have a source about thoses statistics? The number of foreign born seems to be high.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:08 AM

297 posts, read 257,940 times
Quote:

If you knew the situation, you would know that Calais are refugees who want to go to UK.
It's not people who come to live in France
. If they were there to live in France, would be no Calais and these refugees would be distributed all over the territory and invisible.

France is part of Schengen and is surrounded by countries which are part of Schengen (Belgium, Germany, Luxemburg, Switzerland, Italy, Spain). It means that its borders are open.
But immigration to France is not the refugees in Calais and even if France have open border with its neighbors (Belgium, Germany, Luxemburg, Switzerland, Italy, Spain), it does not mean that anybody can settle in France.
I doesn't matter what they are! The fact is they are in France, it has nothing to do with where they want to go. If you knew the situation, you would realize that the fact that France has so many migrants has everything to do with with their open borders.
It has nothing to do with people from Spain, Belgium,Italy or anywhere else, there are thousands of illegal migrants in France... to argue otherwise is... well

Old 07-30-2016, 05:24 AM

I don't know any western country without illegal immigrants.
Despite strictly controlled border, USA have several dozen of million illegal immigrants (largely more than France).
Despite being an island UK have several hundred thousand illegal immigrants (more than France).

Migrants in Calais are visible because they are in an illegal camp trying to reach UK but it doesn't mean that there are more in France than in other countris.
If those migrants were setting in France instead, they would be invisible (no camp).

Old 07-30-2016, 05:16 PM

67,666 posts, read 60,184,669 times
Quote:
I don't know where you did get this "fact" because stats give an opposite view.
France's population growth in recent years was mostly due to natural change and not immigration.

Metropolitan France's 2012 population growth: 72% natural growth and 28% immigration.

France welcomes few immigrants compareted to other western Europen, country due to strict criteria. France closed its border to labor immigration decades ago.
Source, please. Thanks.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:23 PM

14,808 posts, read 11,877,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
French integration did not fail. France is the world best example regarding integration. It is a big success.
You just need to work in France to know that.
More than 40% of French people have foreign origins.
I work with a French woman with Togolese heritage who has left France to escape the racism she suffered there, her sister has already married an English guy and lives in London.

Old 07-30-2016, 06:22 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,172,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I work with a French woman with Togolese heritage who has left France to escape the racism she suffered there, her sister has already married an English guy and lives in London.
sometime i wonder if you are not a kind of amaroW but in english, you always have to take everything back to your country.

Old 07-31-2016, 06:12 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,223,088 times
Lol @ France having "open borders", as if everyone else has secured borders.

I regularly come back to France and everytime I go there, I always see the border police check everyone's IDs and sometimes luggage, whether I go by train or by bus. Last time I stepped out the bus in Modane, I didn't even have the time to reach my backpack that there were at least 2 policemen asking me to show my ID. A good amount of times I have seen people being arrested. I have also seen police agents being particularly tough with people in sketchy situations. I have seen other agents publicly shaming and making fun of ethiopian (erithrean ?) migrants while wearing "Je suis Charlie" badges, which kinda made me sick.

So, no, France is not that open at all. But what can you do when the enemy come from the inside ? Jail anyone with at least one foreign-born parent ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe