Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 07:51 AM

994 posts, read 1,236,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
It is funny how muslim women complain that they cannot wear what they want. But in none of these muslim countries where they usually come from, can you wear what you want.
Indeed not. And this is wrong – which is my there are protests in Muslim countries against repressive clothing laws.

Quote:
A European woman cannot go to a muslim country and lay topless on the beach. There is LAW forbidding this and she cannot say "I want to wear or not wear what I want."

Why is the whole world expected to accommodate muslims and their specific behavior but they don't do shyte to change their laws in their country for other religions or no religions?
Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, Tunisia, Indonesia – these all Muslim countries in which you would be free to lay on the beach in your bikini. In other words, these Muslim countries allow Western-style swimwear on the beaches.

You would not be free to bathe topless, but then neither would you on most British beaches – I believe, though I'm happy to be corrected, that the same would be true in the US. Personally, I think this is an affront to freedom – but this is a fault shared by Western and Muslim countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 08:06 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post

I don't think the issue of people in positions of authority (like police, teachers, judges, etc.) with face veils has been raised in Canada yet
It's only a matter of time.

Old 08-25-2016, 08:17 AM

820 posts, read 953,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George & Bill View Post
Indeed not. And this is wrong – which is my there are protests in Muslim countries against repressive clothing laws.

Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, Tunisia, Indonesia – these all Muslim countries in which you would be free to lay on the beach in your bikini. In other words, these Muslim countries allow Western-style swimwear on the beaches.

You would not be free to bathe topless, but then neither would you on most British beaches – I believe, though I'm happy to be corrected, that the same would be true in the US. Personally, I think this is an affront to freedom – but this is a fault shared by Western and Muslim countries.
You can t be topless in many British beaches therefore you can t wear what you want.
There are also restrictions on British beaches so why they complain if they don t apply the same rules for themselves?

Old 08-25-2016, 08:21 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,836,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
In related news, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, aka "the Mounties" announced yesterday that they would be allowing female officers to wear the hijab (muslim head scarf).

RCMP now allowing hijabs as part of uniform | CTV News

This seems to be part of Canada's eagerness to appear to be the "good guy" among countries.

There are no Mounties who wear the hijab at the moment. They're just saying they are open to it.

A good question is whether this will pave the way for Mounties with burqas (face veils), and for other public employees like teachers, etc.

Canada already allows the burqa for citizenship ceremonies and other official proceedings.

I don't think the issue of people in positions of authority (like police, teachers, judges, etc.) with face veils has been raised in Canada yet.
Canada to have its first Sharia police.

Old 08-25-2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
You can t be topless in many British beaches therefore you can t wear what you want.
There are also restrictions on British beaches so why they complain if they don t apply the same rules for themselves?
You might want to work on your English comprehension skills – because the fact that you can't be topless on most British beaches was the point I was making.

There is no good reason to stop women from going topless on the beach, and there is no good reason to stop women from wearing burkinis.

However, I do suspect that if a women were to go topless on a British beach where that is not allowed, it would not be considered a situation for an armed response unit.

Old 08-25-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Canada to have its first Sharia police.
Wouldn't 'Sharia police' be police who enforce Sharia law?

You are aware, are you not, that Canadian police wearing hijabs will be enforcing the same Canadian law as any other Canadian police?

Old 08-25-2016, 08:46 AM

820 posts, read 953,491 times
Quote:
You might want to work on your English comprehension skills – because the fact that you can't be topless on most British beaches was the point I was making.

There is no good reason to stop women from going topless on the beach, and there is no good reason to stop women from wearing burkinis.

However, I do suspect that if a women were to go topless on a British beach where that is not allowed, it would not be considered a situation for an armed response unit.
Yes, there is no good reason to stop women from going topless on the beach BUT I assure you, it is forbidden in many British beaches and it is forbidden to be naked everywhere in the UK !
Many people and also the police will tell you to wear a BUKINI if you are topless on the beach !

You should go at the beach once in your life !

Old 08-25-2016, 08:47 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,836,562 times
Quote:
Wouldn't 'Sharia police' be police who enforce Sharia law?

You are aware, are you not, that Canadian police wearing hijabs will be enforcing the same Canadian law as any other Canadian police?
You realize that you have to start somewhere?

At first they of course will enforce Canadian law but as time goes by...

Old 08-25-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
You realize that you have to start somewhere?

At first they of course will enforce Canadian law but as time goes by...
Well, sure, you can believe that x is a slippery slope towards y. But you don't actually have any evidence.

Old 08-25-2016, 08:57 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,127,148 times
Hello ma'am.

Welcome to France, a first world country with modern societal values.
Here's a fine for wearing too many clothes in the wrong place. Would you kindly undress for us? Thank you for your cooperation, we hope you will enjoy your newfound freedom, ma'am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe