Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Flanders should...
Become Independent 8 44.44%
Join the Netherlands 10 55.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 05:31 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,328,901 times

Advertisements

Brussels is going to split itself? Mitosis?
Not even Monty Python, but looking at the crude examples of UKIP and Trump...
Should voting be universal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 11:14 AM

141 posts, read 133,584 times
Holland and Belgium should unite to form one flat country.. then the man made barriers keeping the North sea at bay should be destroyed, creating an inland sea where Brits can go yachting...

Just joking there..

Belgium should stick together and the Flemish and Walloons should make things work.. together... with out the Dutch meddling in their affairs.

Why doesn't the Netherlands split up into North Holland and South Holland ? Then Ajax and Fyenoord won't have to play each other.. saving Dutch taxpayers all that money .

Old 11-03-2016, 12:59 PM

10,645 posts, read 16,030,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfc1 View Post
Belgium should stick together and the Flemish and Walloons should make things work.. together... with out the Dutch meddling in their affairs.

Why doesn't the Netherlands split up into North Holland and South Holland ? Then Ajax and Fyenoord won't have to play each other.. saving Dutch taxpayers all that money .
They should but they don't.
Without the Dutch there would be no Belgium.

Because there is no animosity between North and South Holland outside Football.

Old 11-03-2016, 01:24 PM

141 posts, read 133,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
They should but they don't.
Without the Dutch there would be no Belgium.

Because there is no animosity between North and South Holland outside Football.
Don't understand your comment no Dutch no Belgium ?

I was only joking re splitting Holland up .. you see if I was a Belgian I'd be irritated by a foreigner suggesting my country should fragment.. just like I'm sure you'd be

Old 11-03-2016, 04:21 PM

10,645 posts, read 16,030,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfc1 View Post
Don't understand your comment no Dutch no Belgium ?
Just google the History of Belgium.
Why do you think the language they speak in Flanders is "Dutch"?

Old 11-05-2016, 06:44 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,594,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
As far as I'm concerned the deep south can leave the Union and take their bible belt mentality and form a different country.

deep south usa - Bing images

As I recall, they tried that once, and not just the DEEP south, Virginia and the Carolinas as well.
It seems that the north took a dim view of this, and a whole bunch of blood was spilled until all
those good ol' boys returned to the fold, although Vicksburg MS was so ticked off, that it didn't
celebrate the Fourth of July again until 1945.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe