Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 06:52 PM

1,772 posts, read 1,495,221 times

Advertisements

I live together with Syrian refugees in the same flat. Only positive experiences so far. I'm binge drinking with one right now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 05:05 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,016,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob702 View Post
You people really need to calm down. The vast majority of refugees are just normal people, as normal as you can be after being traumatized by war. They want to survive and live a normal live in peace, not mug or rape poor and innocent Europeans or turn Europe into a new Islamic State. I bet if there ever was a war in your own country you'd want other countries to take you in as well so get off of your high horses.

I don't know about the deportation procedures but to to my knowledge everyone who is not officially registered as a refugee does not receive any benefits besides a roof over their head and other basics, right? Everyone who enters and wants to be an acknowledged refugees has to go through the registration process to determine their status. There is a huge backlog and many countries are also considered safe now so no chance to become a refugee. Does Germany deport many people who are determined to not be "real" refugees?

Tell that to the young women of Cologne, or Malmo!! Oh I bet those were just "minor misunderstandings" right? There's tons of reports about refugee crime all over the news. I bet it;s all staged and made up right? Never happened, the numbers and reports are all lies
Maybe WI should welcome 100,000 of these "normal" people- how many do you think could stay at your house? Not ALL are bad, I get that, but cmon man-why do people kowtow to these people who hate them and want to harm them, esp the women?

Old 10-28-2016, 05:09 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,016,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
I live together with Syrian refugees in the same flat. Only positive experiences so far. I'm binge drinking with one right now

So far being the key word But seriously, that's great I'm sure they are nice decent people. I have 3 or 4 refugee friends from N Africa- great guys!! But exceptions don't prove the rule, and our positive experiences should not blind us to what's happening out there, and what has already happened.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:39 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,640,827 times
I don't think most of them are bad people at all.

However, here's the problem I see: Many migrants have very little, if any formal education. There is also a language barrier. The unemployment rate in France is 10%, and around 25% for people under 25. If there aren't enough jobs for native French citizens with a college degree, how could there possibly be jobs for migrants who do not speak French and have little education?

Here's another issue I see: They are already in France, yet many of them want to get to the UK. If they are wanting to claim refugee status, they are already considered "safe" by being in France. Wanting to get to the UK is just greed. Don't forget that they passed over several other great EU countries on their way to France.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:48 AM

24,205 posts, read 24,654,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
So far being the key word But seriously, that's great I'm sure they are nice decent people. I have 3 or 4 refugee friends from N Africa- great guys!! But exceptions don't prove the rule, and our positive experiences should not blind us to what's happening out there, and what has already happened.
The criminals are the exception to the rule. Most of the migrants are peaceful people, no matter how the right-wing media tries to portrait otherwise.

This hysteria about the migrants has taken idiotic proportions.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:15 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,312,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Here's another issue I see: They are already in France, yet many of them want to get to the UK. If they are wanting to claim refugee status, they are already considered "safe" by being in France. Wanting to get to the UK is just greed. Don't forget that they passed over several other great EU countries on their way to France.
Of course it is. They will go to wherever they are entiteled to the highest welfare. UK is a special case, because unlike whole Schengen registration there is no mandatory registration. If they are in, they are in.

The thing is, people are not entitled for asylum if they come from a safe third party country. So as long as Germany or France isnt sharing any border with Africa, they passed many safe countries already but still want to continue where the fried chicken are flying and the rivers are full of good wine.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:09 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,268,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Tell that to the young women of Cologne, or Malmo!! Oh I bet those were just "minor misunderstandings" right? There's tons of reports about refugee crime all over the news. I bet it;s all staged and made up right? Never happened, the numbers and reports are all lies
Maybe WI should welcome 100,000 of these "normal" people- how many do you think could stay at your house? Not ALL are bad, I get that, but cmon man-why do people kowtow to these people who hate them and want to harm them, esp the women?
You got it. All those reports are fake while in reality the refugees sit around their tables knitting socks for winter to kill time.
If you blame millions of people for a few (admittedly horrible) incidents you may as well judge all African Americans for crime and urban blight. I would also be cautious to let white Americans into Europe considering that they have a tendency for mass shootings.

Last edited by Rob702; 10-28-2016 at 12:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe