Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2017, 02:45 PM

387 posts, read 380,062 times

Advertisements

Nino Bellov : What Europe knows today, and in particular France, is what Algeria experienced until the 90s with the GIA (Armed Islamic Group). This is not new, it is something that France and Algeria have dealt with jointly for decades.

So it's not insurmountable and unknown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2017, 02:49 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,684,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino Bellov View Post
If 99% of Muslims in France are normal people, and only 1% are Islamic fanatics, 1% of them can create big problems in France and in other European countries with a large Muslim population.

But I think there is more than 1% of Islamic fanatics among Muslims in European countries.
Sure you have 60 000 people (66M*0.09*0.01) dangerous (that said, DGSI detected 10000 people dangerous because of extreme Islamic ideas in France)
, but what will you do with the 5 880 000 left? Burn them eat them on a barbecue ? Put them as a Christmas decoration? That's the question ! They work and are normally integrated with french papers! Plus our terrorists aren't immigrants, they are french, and even some of them have absolutely zero link with immigration (real 'Gaulois'). Some of them are atypical, just rebel against the system, i remember a famous islamist in France that is from South Korea lol.

Old 04-23-2017, 04:03 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,595,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
I hope, i want my future as a European in European Union...
So did I, but the slim majority voted out, bummer, but that's democracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino Bellov View Post
From my point of view, Muslims are the biggest problem of France.
Not ALL of them, but you only need a few crazies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
It should concerned about immigration too, in the sense that whoever are let in should have the skills France needs, instead of n'importe qui.
Vous avez raison, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Old 04-23-2017, 05:45 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,926,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I read that some of Le Pen's supporters are blue-collar workers who would have voted Communist in the past.
Not surprising. Her economic policies are very Communist.

Old 04-23-2017, 06:02 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Wiseman View Post
The french extreme right(FN)/left-wing-parties are anti-EU, therefore they get support from Putin by both money and propaganda-by-hacking, just as Putin caused the BREXIT and Trump-"victories" or rather criminal coups.

Putin wants to split EU to weaken it, and thus the EU-sanctions against him, for his attacks on Georgia, Krim, Ukraine, MH17plane thereby killing 298 mostly EU-citicens.

He wants to take Balticum, Poland etc, EU bit by bit, for a new Sovjet, like his idol Stalin.

The refugees from Syria coming to EU are mostly due to Putin: Assan use russian helicopters for his "barrel-bombings" of civilians, and russian planes for air-attacks on civilians, and then again by bombing the hospitals where injured survivors went, so Putin breaks all humanitarian laws agreed upon within UN.

Still, he sits in the UN security council and misuses vetoes, against every proper UN-action to stop his slaughter that produces refugees to EU.

A stronger EU is the only way to stop Putin, and his refugee-production.
Also to stop the climate change, that by a 5year record draught started the Syrian war. Draught now again threatens 20 million in N Africa, to become new refugees.

It's only by corporation in EU that we can lead the world around such disasters. EU is the leverage that can make countries like France great world leaders, and own survival.

The extreme parties are traitors,*bribetakers helping the disaster-creating gangster Putin.
Lol, you are clueless; Putin does not want a weaken nor broken EU, he views the EU as a counter to the US economic power. A broken EU would not be in favor of Russia's geopolitical strategy.

Your entire post in nonsense.

Old 04-23-2017, 09:58 PM

1,274 posts, read 979,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Lol, you are clueless; Putin does not want a weaken nor broken EU, he views the EU as a counter to the US economic power. A broken EU would not be in favor of Russia's geopolitical strategy.

Your entire post in nonsense.
Putin would like to have Russia as the counter power for the US, not the EU. And a weakened EU is better to handle rather than having an united block that can act as a federation.

Russia does not favour a strong EU, that much is true.

Old 04-24-2017, 04:23 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,724,360 times
Macron reminds me of the early Tony Blair years. Hopefully an era of positivity will follow in France as it did in the UK. However, there is a downside to that - positivity usually breeds indifference to fundamental issues brewing under the surface which will in no doubt boil to the surface further down the line unless Macron addresses these pitfalls and thus will become perhaps one of the most celebrated leaders in France.

Of course there's still the obstacle that is the Front National but if Le Pen persists with her protectionist policies that will be the final nail in the coffin to go along with the nail already in the coffin which is the far right anti-semitism and tarnished family name.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:06 AM

766 posts, read 1,254,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
A very small number. You can't pin this on all Muslims living in France and call them criminals. It is not fair.

It is like saying men committed vast majority of the murders, so we should ask all men to leave the country.
Although a very tiny percentage actually commits the murders, the problem is that a lot of Islamic culture is very complicit and sympathetic to terrorism because of gender dynamics. For example, the wife of Omar Mateen in the US damn well knew that her husband was about to go on a rampage, but she didn't say anything and I fear that this is something prevalent in the community.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:38 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,724,552 times
A question for the French people: What kind of accent does Emmanuel Macron have? Is it from a certain region? I found it to be quite distinct and unique. I have never heard French people talk with that kind of accent (or it is the way he talks?). I asked a French friend, he agrees it is a bit weird but couldn't pinpoint what it is.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:49 AM

8,159 posts, read 8,731,109 times
I don't notice any particular accent. The only 1st round candidate that has a distinct accent would be Jean Lassalle imho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe