Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 01:38 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,653,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Is this the first high-ranking diplomat ever killed during the modern era of diplomatic immunity (since the 1700's)?
No, at least six US Ambassadors have been killed since 1960.

There were a lot of attacks on US Embassies during the GW Bush Presidency, but the victims were mostly locals.

A List of Deadly Terrorist Attacks on U.S. Diplomatic Targets Under President George W. Bush, 2001-2009 | PolitiFact
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 01:49 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,688,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
Who knows who is behind this attack. Probably someone that has interest in seeing Turkey-Russia relations deteriorate. This being said, there is no chance this will escalate into a large conflict.
Who is behind it is obvious. He was yelling Alah Akbar.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:51 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,021,534 times
Turkey shots down Russian plane...Moscow reaction: Turkey is our friend, f*ck Bulgaria.
Turkey kills Russian ambassador...Moscow reaction: Turkey is our friend, f* Bulgaria.
Turkey nukes Russia....Moscow reaction: Allah akbar!

Old 12-19-2016, 03:49 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
No, it's just a terrorist attack. A new world war can not happen because of this.
Interesting ...

I am not saying it is okay to murder someone... but did the Russian government not just conduct major air strikes in Syria? Over the weekend I do recall seeing rows and rows of children's bodies in plastic bags lining the streets of certain Syrian cities.

Forgiven me if I fail to sheed too many tears over why this person did what he did!

When the government and god both seem to turn their back on you... actions like this become more understandable at least to me.

1 Russian man in a powerful position dies vs 100s and 1000s of children suck is a conflict between greedy shamless leaders and religious fanatics. I think the message of displeasure with the Russian governments actions was clearly delivered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYmZ5bC4Ic4

Old 12-19-2016, 05:03 PM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
It's one thing when an ambassador is murdered by a civilian or a member of a terrorist organization. In this case it was a Turkish police officer working security for the event and used his service weapon to execute the ambassador. So sad that Turkey has become more and more towards radical Islam when at one time it was the most modern and European of all the Islamic nations.

Old 12-19-2016, 05:35 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,487 times
Obama just indicated it was work place violence. Nothing to see here.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:36 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
It's one thing when an ambassador is murdered by a civilian or a member of a terrorist organization. In this case it was a Turkish police officer working security for the event and used his service weapon to execute the ambassador. So sad that Turkey has become more and more towards radical Islam when at one time it was the most modern and European of all the Islamic nations.
I am actually curious as to why he did it? Right now for the last few years especially the Russian Government seems to be activity like a terrorist organization.

Stirring up trouble in the Ukraine and helping and helping Bashar Hafez al-Assad mass murder civilians in Syria. As far as see why is this Turkish police office any more of a terrorist then the Russian government. Then again now that the USA seems to like to become Russia new B****... I guess turning a blind eye to all the horrible stuff being done by the Russian government is cool .

One terrorist takes out a terrorist ... my heart is just not breaking over this. He had a target and got it. No one else was harmed in the situation. The Russian government helped slaughter huge number of innocent people? At least the supposed terrorist had the compassion to not directly harm anyone in the process. I am really interested to find out what the police officer's motive was as I think there is likely way more to this story.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:35 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I am actually curious as to why he did it?
Because "allakhu akbar."

https://www.facebook.com/rianru/vide...c_ref=NEWSFEED

For the same reason why the truck plowed today into a crowd in Berlin, apparently.
But may be Germany was bombing Syria too - I have no idea.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:13 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I am actually curious as to why he did it? .
He made it quite clear. He yelled "Remember Aleppo!" before firing. Some people don't appreciate Russia's support of Assad.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:29 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He made it quite clear. He yelled "Remember Aleppo!" before firing. Some people don't appreciate Russia's support of Assad.
Yes, Assad is too secular - he must go. And obviously infidel Russians don't have right to support him.
So "Allahu Akbar" - as he said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe