U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 11:13 PM

7,819 posts, read 12,316,247 times

Advertisements

I'm curious what the worst Islamic slum or no-go zone is in Europe. I know that the Paris banlieues, Molenbeek in Brussels, and London's East End, particularly the Finsbury Park area are especially notorious but are there worse areas? It's my understanding many Islamic ghettoes have worsened or newly popped up in many German cities since the Syrian refugee crisis began. What about Scandinavian cities like Stockholm that has seen a lot of Muslim immigration? Are there also particularly notorious no-go zones in Spain and Italy?

I'm thinking places that completely feel like you are in the Middle East where Arabic or other Muslim languages dominates over the native European language, where sharia courts are in operation and police are afraid to enter......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 12:03 AM

4,557 posts, read 5,118,811 times
There are no sharia courts in Europe, police isn't afraid to enter any areas.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:49 AM

7,809 posts, read 6,627,248 times
The London's East End isn't a no go area! Where on earth did you get that information from?

Old 02-06-2017, 01:49 AM

1,264 posts, read 2,149,999 times
What's Paris banlieue? Banlieue just means suburbs. The majority of suburbs are middle class communities and there are plenty of very wealthy suburbs in Paris. Over 80% of Paris metropolitan population live in suburbs.
You have to be more precise because saying Paris Banlieue can mean everything and nothing.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:00 AM

24,268 posts, read 18,765,643 times
There's no no-go zones or sharia courts in Europe. Sure there are some shady areas out there I would advoid and where tourists can be particularly vulnerable, no-go areas? Not a single one.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:34 AM

11,584 posts, read 3,963,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
The London's East End isn't a no go area! Where on earth did you get that information from?

The East End and South East London is an increasingly very dangerous ghettos.

Pic Link

Old 02-06-2017, 08:47 AM

23,747 posts, read 65,851,373 times
There are no no go zones in Sweden. The no go zones you hear about are areas where there are huge problems with organized crimes and religious extremism, but the police still operate in those areas.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:02 PM

11,584 posts, read 3,963,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I'm curious what the worst Islamic slum or no-go zone is in Europe. I know that the Paris banlieues, Molenbeek in Brussels, and London's East End, particularly the Finsbury Park area are especially notorious but are there worse areas? It's my understanding many Islamic ghettoes have worsened or newly popped up in many German cities since the Syrian refugee crisis began. What about Scandinavian cities like Stockholm that has seen a lot of Muslim immigration? Are there also particularly notorious no-go zones in Spain and Italy?

I'm thinking places that completely feel like you are in the Middle East where Arabic or other Muslim languages dominates over the native European language, where sharia courts are in operation and police are afraid to enter......
Finsbury Park is in North London and not the East End, it had a Mosque that became famous because of a couple of idiots such as Abu Hamza but is now very different from the days when it had to endure such hateful individuals.

By and large the area is okay and most of North London is comparable with somewhere like Brooklyn in New York and parts of North London are extremely wealthy.

In terms of the East End and South London, there has been substantial investment and gentrification in many areas.

Whilst the City of London (one of London's two main Financial Districts) straddles what was the East End, but is now a gentrified Hipster heaven, with places such as Hoxton and Shoreditch etc etc.

The West End being the traditional famous glamorous side to London and shopping/entertainment district.

The Latest crop of City of London Skyscrapers in the Square Mile (Financial District).

Pic Link

Old 02-06-2017, 01:29 PM

Britain has 85 sharia courts: The astonishing spread of the Islamic justice behind closed doors | Daily Mail Online

This is an article from a British newspaper about sharia courts in the UK and their role in the Muslim community there.

I know the Finsbury Park area (I believe its in London's East End but I could be wrong) is a hotbed of Islamic radicalism and gave birth to many terrorists. I've already heard the heard "Londonistan" used in the American media especially more conservative sources like Fox News.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
What's Paris banlieue? Banlieue just means suburbs. The majority of suburbs are middle class communities and there are plenty of very wealthy suburbs in Paris. Over 80% of Paris metropolitan population live in suburbs.
You have to be more precise because saying Paris Banlieue can mean everything and nothing.
I was thinking the parts of the Paris suburbs like Chichy-du-Bois where the massive riot happened a few years back which is populated mostly by Arab and Muslim immigrants.

I'm just wondering since I'm writing a fictional spy story and am planning a scene where two CIA agents infiltrate an Islamic neighborhood in Europe to take out a radical jihadist leader whose terror cell has kidnapped and assassinated a visiting American businessman. I need a setting for where the hideout is and it has to be a place where the local police can't mount an operation without massive rioting (I've heard parts of Paris and Molenbeek in Brussels plus certain parts of Marseille are like this). I also envision a scene in a sharia court where the terrorist sheikh serves as a judge in a trial either involving a teenage girl who doesn't want to be married off or a family that wants to disown their son for being gay.

Just a neighborhood in Europe that feels completely like you are in the Arab world with very little European culture present and where radical Islam thrives.

Okay so Finsbury Park is in North London not the East End. The new East End does look rather nice, more like an American type skyline than what you typically associate with London with its grand, stately historic buildings. I HAVE read news reports though that upwards of 30% of British Muslims support sharia law and over 25% at least feel the 7-7 bombings were justified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe