Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 08:54 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Yeah dude. Swap all ~40k Estonians in Finnland with Africans and Middle-Easterners and see where you would be crime wise, instead of a 'wing' you'd have whole prisons full of them. No one to build your infrastructure, take care of your sick and retarded (aka you average Pekka) and clean your **** up, but you'd have more shopping mall 'visitors' instead.

+ Finnish beer is ****.
We already have 40k African and Middle-Eastern nationals and there's no such wings or prisons. The largest foreign national groups in our prisons are in order; Estonians, Russians, Iraqi, Lithuanians.

There's no doubt Estonians have had a positive impact especially on low-wage jobs, and I prefer to judge the overall impact on these 40k Estonians, not the 150 sitting in prison.
But you seem to judge the Africans and Middle-Easterners not by the 40k majority, but the 100 sitting in jail. Am I right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 07:42 PM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
Coalition should be...

VVD (33)
PVV (20)
CDA (19)
50+ (4)
FvD (2)

Old 03-20-2017, 08:10 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,341,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Coalition should be...

VVD (33)
PVV (20)
CDA (19)
50+ (4)
FvD (2)
I assume that's what you personally hope for? Because I doubt that VVD will choose a mildly eurosceptic partner and three that are openly hostile to the EU.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
I assume that's what you personally hope for? Because I doubt that VVD will choose a mildly eurosceptic partner and three that are openly hostile to the EU.
Don't you think its ironic that 90% of the parties say that Wilders and his party goes too far and discriminates people while they do the same thing with the PVV, the 2nd largest party that got 13% of the votes?
That's not very democratic, is it?

Old 03-20-2017, 08:32 PM

At this moment i'm already happy when D66 (19), GreenLeft (14), Party for the Animals (5) and THINK (3) will probably not come in the coalition. If they do the disaster will be complete.

A couple days ago i was disappointed that the PVV didn't become the biggest but no worries, Wilders will take next elections, the Netherlands is not gonna stay terrorist attack free forever, I mean we had London, Madrid, Paris, Brussels and Berlin, its only a matter of time when its Amsterdam's turn.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Don't you think its ironic that 90% of the parties say that Wilders and his party goes too far and discriminates people while they do the same thing with the PVV, the 2nd largest party that got 13% of the votes?
That's not very democratic, is it?
How is a coalition of eurosceptics and VVD (which didn't run on a eurosceptic platform, which would thus be pretty "undemocratic" towards their voters) with 78 seats more democratic than a coalition of VVD, CDA, D66 and GL/CU with 85/76 seats?

Getting Wilders into a coalition doesn't make it more democratic. I understand that you are disappointed that your choice didn't succeed as you expected. Fair enough. But that doesn't change the fact that Rutte will form a government which reflects the majority in parliament. Calling that undemocratic is pretty silly.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
At this moment i'm already happy when D66 (19), GreenLeft (14), Party for the Animals (5) and THINK (3) will probably not come in the coalition. If they do the disaster will be complete.

A couple days ago i was disappointed that the PVV didn't become the biggest but no worries, Wilders will take next elections, the Netherlands is not gonna stay terrorist attack free forever, I mean we had London, Madrid, Paris, Brussels and Berlin, its only a matter of time when its Amsterdam's turn.
Hoping for a terrorist attack so your guy will finally win an election? Wow.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Hoping for a terrorist attack so your guy will finally win an election? Wow.
I never said I hoped for a terrorist attack.
btw "my guy" didn't lose the election, he gained 5 seats.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:
How is a coalition of eurosceptics and VVD (which didn't run on a eurosceptic platform, which would thus be pretty "undemocratic" towards their voters) with 78 seats more democratic than a coalition of VVD, CDA, D66 and GL/CU with 85/76 seats?

Getting Wilders into a coalition doesn't make it more democratic. I understand that you are disappointed that your choice didn't succeed as you expected. Fair enough. But that doesn't change the fact that Rutte will form a government which reflects the majority in parliament. Calling that undemocratic is pretty silly.
That's not undemocratic, that's not following the path you had in mind.
VVD and GL... its like comparing a businessman getting driven in a rolls with a hippy driving a prius, they just don't mix plus GL's leader has been telling everyone he would never work together (so did SP) with the VVD.
CU shouldn't be in the discussion imo, it would be better if they and SGP get banned, its not the 20th century anymore, religion and politics are not made for each other, especially in this age.

Not even trying to listen to a party that got nearly 1 and a half million votes is undemocratic and it will make the Netherlands more divided than it already is.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:17 PM

You think the other parties don't listen to VVD? Them listening to Wilders is exactly why no party is willing to partner up with him.

What would you expect from a coalition like the one you proposed? To which of the many insane demands of Wilders is Rutte supposed to listen to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe