Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2017, 11:46 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,684,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Wrong, tourism from China declined by 21.5%.
https://www.google.no/amp/s/www.thel...rror-fears/amp

Again, why is it so hard to admit that Paris has a problem with crime?
Why is it so hard to admit that Paris has crime problem, but not more than other touristic megalopolis ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 11:49 AM

387 posts, read 380,062 times
Camlon : I'm talking about the latest figures from the end of the year and the beginning of 2017...

Camlon, where do you come from ?

Old 04-20-2017, 11:59 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,442,533 times
Quote:
Wrong, tourism from China declined by 21.5%.
https://www.thelocal.fr/20170221/ile...o-terror-fears

Again, why is it so hard to admit that Paris has a problem with crime?
Paris en Chiffres - Tableau de bord - Office de tourisme Paris

Not according to official stats. The number of overall Chinese tourists were fewer in 2016 in comparison to 2015(-12%), but it bounced back by 40% at the end of 2016. The number of Japanese tourists indeed suffer a huge blow, but I feel like they were probably more turned off by the filth rather than danger lol.

Not that I think it's a good thing as Chinese tourists could be very aggressive.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:01 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,072,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
Why is it so hard to admit that Paris has crime problem, but not more than other touristic megalopolis ?
No one is saying that there are no other tourist cities that have a crime problem. You are making a strawman.

What I am arguing against is statements like "Paris is just like another tourist city" and "Crime in Paris is a non-negligable problem". The second statement is absurd, considering that 6 out of 10 French feel unsafe everywhere.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:06 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,072,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordeaux33 View Post
Camlon : I'm talking about the latest figures from the end of the year and the beginning of 2017...

Camlon, where do you come from ?
It bounced back, because the number of chinese tourists is increasing everywhere. But it is quite impressive that even among Chinese it did decline.

I am from Norway, but I have lived other places too. I am very familiar with europe, and Paris was in my experience the least safe city i have visited in Europe.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:13 PM

Camlon : Ok I'm sorry for you, I suggest you come to my city Bordeaux I think it will give you a better idea of France. Do not stay on this bad experience

I guarantee you will be welcomed and at least you will not see a single pickpoket

Old 04-20-2017, 12:35 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,684,673 times
Quote:
No one is saying that there are no other tourist cities that have a crime problem. You are making a strawman.

What I am arguing against is statements like "Paris is just like another tourist city" and "Crime in Paris is a non-negligable problem". The second statement is absurd, considering that 6 out of 10 French feel unsafe everywhere.
In official last Paris survey, french feel the least safe just after japanese (while Chinese feel very safe) and are those.. who hate Paris the most of all visitors (i should find the survey again i cant find it) ..French are legendary when it comes to criticize, thats incredible.

And I think terrorist attacks have a huge responsibility for this + medias. Technically France have never been that safe (yes) when it comes to frequency of problems, specially compare to 30 years ago. But french feel unsafe for many reasons...

Old 04-20-2017, 12:36 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,268,391 times
Default Kilroy was here!

Ha!.... 'just want to get a shout-out to the worldly denizens before this thread is shutdown! Why such a pissing contest?! You know the thread has lost its appeal when every other post has a link, or stats in an attempt to prove a point. I think we all agree, all major cities have crime to a degree. That's it. Next!

Old 04-20-2017, 12:47 PM

It's not a pissing contest, it's a passionate debate

Old 04-20-2017, 01:04 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,722,274 times
Quote:
It bounced back, because the number of chinese tourists is increasing everywhere. But it is quite impressive that even among Chinese it did decline.

I am from Norway, but I have lived other places too. I am very familiar with europe, and Paris was in my experience the least safe city i have visited in Europe.
And how many European cities have you visited that have over 10 million people? Are you seriously comparing Paris with Zurich or Vienna?

You can't conclude a city is a hellhole based on limited personal experience. It is the overall crime rate that makes a city more or less dangerous to visit, and so far nobody showed any evidence that Paris is particularly dangerous compared with other large European cities, it is always "I thinkā€ "I saw".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe