Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2017, 02:58 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,073,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordeaux33 View Post
According to the Top safe ranking of the OECD France (8points) is just after Japan (8points)...

Homicide rate : 0.6 like Spain

Feeling safe walking alone at night : 70% like Luxembourg...

OECD Better Life Index
Homicide is not something that affects the average person, and Paris != France.

And you conviniently left out the assult victimization rate, which France is not doing well at all.

Last edited by Rozenn; 04-21-2017 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: Orphaned
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 03:00 PM

387 posts, read 380,149 times
Because you confuse everything and that it's been 9 hours since you post false information...

Why so much stubbornness ?

Old 04-20-2017, 03:01 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Now you are comparing oranges with apples. If you want comparable data, then you need to ask the same tourists if they felt safe in for instance Berlin.

And while I do not know French, I can use google translate. And it does not look good.

Paris is a safe city
China: 83.1%
US: 73.2%
Scandinavia: 58.8%
Italy: 51.9%
South Korea: 47.5%
Germany: 45.1%
Japan: 41.1%
Belgium: 31.6%

Total: 63%

And the only reason China does well, is because most Chinese go with tour groups who only show them the tourist attractions.
Sorry i just made a mistake with usa column. And i m not comparing anything nor night walking feelings. I m just giving you facts about tourists feelings.
Chinese saying yes at 86% and Belgium 31,6% is quite laughable tho. 'belgium' But it includes swiss, Netherlands, lux... Ultra safe countries.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Because you confuse everything and that it's been 9 hours since you post false information...

Why so much stubbornness ?
What false information?

And I listen to facts and evidence. If you want me to change my mind about Paris, then show me some actual data, Because all the data I have seen, including the one presented by Pokitobounto do not support the conclusion that Paris do not have a crime problem.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:10 PM

387 posts, read 380,149 times
To hustle over a city for 10 hours...

I think nothing will change your mind...

I stop there I wasted enough time.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:27 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,058 times
For information, the complete numbeo ranking for 2016:
https://www.numbeo.com/crime/region_...016&region=150

The only 'massive' euro metropolis significantly safer is i guess Madrid. Cities like Bordeaux and Lyon are normally ranked, level Berlin...
I also remark that it moves A LOT each year so this stat is quite evasive....
But in average this ranking is quite acceptable. Well I don't see a thread about Roma, Milan, Turin, London or Bruxelles being ****holes.... Anyway I see Dublin under Paris. Why? I thought Dublin is ultra safe.. ?

Old 04-20-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
Anyway I see Dublin under Paris. Why? I thought Dublin is ultra safe.. ?
It might be due to some bad areas, see quote below.

Also, we need to remember that Dublin is a small city, and hence the data is not trustworthy. I would only compare cities like Berlin, Tokyo, Paris, Rome, London, New York, etc.

Quote:
An area of Dublin is the country’s crime black spot, with rates several times the national average for offences including assault, rape, theft and drugs.

Image: The rate of theft reported in the Dublin North Central area was more than five times the national average
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/i...spot-t8b78b2f7

Last edited by Camlon; 04-20-2017 at 03:49 PM..

Old 04-20-2017, 08:35 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,444,813 times
Quote:
According to your logic Japan (81;57) would be less safe than the USA (89;62)...

Are you sure you're not Chinese ?
That's because East Asians have a far higher standard of what feels safe. People are used to having no "bad neighbourhoods" and nonexistent theft, any crime goes straight on news broadcasts. Though Idk what Chinese people are on that they consider Paris a safe city, out of all people.

Keep defending it like this is quite silly. Now I think Paris is ok if you're attentive enough and I enjoy it 100% every time I went there, but the truth is when the tourist hotbeds (aka France, Italy, Spain) are brought up here, the number one topic is how bad the pickpocket situation is and everyone shares their stories of their own or their friends' or family's experiences of being robbed. I just heard a real bad one yesterday while we were talking about traveling in Italy and France, it was pretty chilling.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:39 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Uagh... Stadler... You keep bringing up similar videos of him from time to time. Is he still that popular in Russia?
No. I just personally like this video.
I see Islam for what it is, and it's not a pretty picture. (Didn't it hit yet again today in Paris by the way?)

Quote:
While Turkish immigration is indeed problematic, Stadler is just a crazy, far-right demagogue. He frequently goes on rants about "perverted homosexual relationships", masonic conspiracy theories and how Hitler wasn't completely wrong...
So IN THIS case he is talking specifically about Turkish immigration and SPECIFIC PROBLEMS it brought.
Is he not right about it?

Old 04-20-2017, 09:18 PM

285 posts, read 301,530 times
You answered your own question. Right wing media in the US blatantly lies about a supposed massive invasion of Muslims in European cities. No-go areas, rapes each 5 seconds, Muslims regularly and systematically harassing gays and women on the streets... All made up stories, it's become quite annoying at this point, someone should tell Faux News to stop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe