Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 11:33 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,329,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
The ONLY people who die from homicide are involved with gangs, all the killings are targeted unlike Europe

Holy grief!! What about loose bullets and tourists mugged and killed when getting losts in aa ghettos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 11:33 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,444,813 times
Every country has their own travel alert. The foreign ministry of all countries advise citizens to be vigilant in Europe because of the recent state of affairs, even European countries remind their citizens of the risk of terrorism of their own neighbours as well, it's hardly news worthy.

For example, Britain's travel advice on France:
Quote:
Terrorists are very likely to try to carry out attacks in France. Due to ongoing threats to France by Islamist terrorist groups, and recent French military intervention against Daesh (formerly referred to as ISIL), the French government has warned the public to be especially vigilant and has reinforced its security measures.
Canada's travel advice on Belgium:
Quote:
There is no nationwide advisory in effect for Belgium. However, you should exercise a high degree of caution due to the current elevated threat of terrorism.
France's travel advice on Italy:
Quote:
Comme la plupart des autres pays européens, l’Italie est exposée au risque terroriste.

Taiwan's travel advice on the Netherlands: (basically saying that the Netherlands might be attacked so be careful etc.)
Quote:
荷蘭司法安全部自2005年以來,即已針對國際及國內極端組織在荷蘭境內之恐怖活動發布恐怖威脅警訊,並自 2013年3月起調升境內警訊等級為重大級(substantial),迄未更改,該警訊等級意指: 「攻擊荷蘭或荷蘭在海外利益之機率升高」(the chance of an attack in the Netherlands or against Dutch interests abroad has risen.)。 鑒於荷蘭於2014年9月派出戰機參與轟炸對抗伊斯蘭國激進分子,一般認為荷蘭可能和法國、德國、英國及比 利時一樣成為恐怖分子攻擊目標。外交部提醒赴荷商旅國人,於人潮聚集之火車站、地鐵、電車站搭乘大眾運輸工 具旅行時,應提高警覺,注意自身安全,倘遇當地有示威遊行活動,宜盡量走避。

It's just usual governement bureaucracy.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:35 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,329,220 times
Netherlands is the only dangerous places, rolling mod cheeses

Old 06-04-2017, 02:22 PM

8,373 posts, read 4,388,978 times
For people concerned about terrorism in Europe (in addition to statistically more likely, and highly annoying, risk of pickpockets and similar petty crime throughout Europe), Buenos Aires is a fantastic alternative. I am European-born/raised, and I find that Buenos Aires in the 21st century essentially out-Europes Europe. It has the laid-back feel of Paris 40-50 years ago, and I never sense any real threat of crime there. I am a world traveler, and vote for Buenos Aires as the best European travel destination right now!

Old 06-05-2017, 09:14 AM

2,230 posts, read 1,715,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
For people concerned about terrorism in Europe (in addition to statistically more likely, and highly annoying, risk of pickpockets and similar petty crime throughout Europe), Buenos Aires is a fantastic alternative. I am European-born/raised, and I find that Buenos Aires in the 21st century essentially out-Europes Europe. It has the laid-back feel of Paris 40-50 years ago, and I never sense any real threat of crime there. I am a world traveler, and vote for Buenos Aires as the best European travel destination right now!
It's not in Europe.

I'd rather recommend Japan for paranoid travelers.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:58 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
It's not in Europe.

Exactly. They should be carefull anyway to not die in the plane... :]
I ll add South Korea, thay can be funny to visit 1/2 weeks lol

Old 06-05-2017, 02:47 PM

8,373 posts, read 4,388,978 times
Quote:
It's not in Europe.

Of course Buenos Aires is not in Europe :-). It has the same atmosphere as some Euro cities in the 1960s and 70s, without actually being located in Europe - that was the whole point of my post. It is the place for people who want to go to Europe, but are concerned about safety.

I agree with Japan too. Most of the Far East (Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, some of the rest of China, most of Thailand, definitely Vietnam, definitely Singapore) is very safe, and extremely fascinating. Considering things that happened in the 20th century, who would have ever guessed that less than 100 years later Japan and Vietnam would be recommended as being among the safest leasure travel destinations, while one might be concerned about traveling to London!?!?

Old 06-05-2017, 11:20 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,500 times
Quote:
Personally, I feel completely safe when I travel in the U.S because I apply common sense.

The Finnish government doesn't know whether its citizens have the common sense to stay safe in the U.S.

Some Europeans do not know where the bad neighborhoods are. Inner city Detroit, Newark,NJ, Oakland,CA, and many other ghettos are not much better than Paris.
Just the fact alone that you have to apply common sense while travelling in the US means that travelling in the US is not safe.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:22 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
On May Day, the US Department of State issued an alerts to U.S. citizens regarding the continued threat of terrorist attacks throughout Europe. https://travel.state.gov/content/pas...gs/Europe.html

Worried? Changing plans to visit Europe?
State Dept. warnings often need to be taken with a big grain of salt.

Old 06-06-2017, 03:06 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
The ONLY people who die from homicide are involved with gangs, all the killings are targeted unlike Europe
That's not true, thousands of people die yearly in places like Chicago, Baltimore, St. Louis, Detroit, Memphis, etc. Not all of them are gangsters, bullets dont have a name. Read about the murders of Christian/Newsom in Knoxville, absolutely disgusting. I hope the monsters behind it suffer an eternity in hell. Same with all the Chicago hoodrats shooting up porches and killing little kids as acts of revenge. Gang violence is senseless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe