Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2017, 05:57 AM

2,825 posts, read 5,263,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
@ Junter : why did you take the risk to load these beautiful pictures on this thread ? mamamia ! the France lickers will positively seethe now. Some will say the photos are not located in Spain but in France, that you are a liar. Other will say they are ugly, nothing to the divine Gallic countryside "so full of history " (as if Spain hadn't an History as ancient as France). You'll see... France is their God anyway, you could publish the most awesome pictures of any country , they would still argue France is better!

I don't get your hostility against your own country...
Spain is a marvrlously diverse country with deep-rooted cultures and diverse landscapes shaped by long lasting civilisations... just like France is. Both are great and deserve been proud of.

It doesn't mean that all is good here. Economy and employment sucks. Some incivilous people, communautarism rising, negative people always compaining... but is that better elsewhere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 06:10 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french user View Post
I don't get your hostility against your own country...
Spain is a marvrlously diverse country with deep-rooted cultures and diverse landscapes shaped by long lasting civilisations... just like France is. Both are great and deserve been proud of.

It doesn't mean that all is good here. Economy and employment sucks. Some incivilous people, communautarism rising, negative people always compaining... but is that better elsewhere?
Idk either.

An adept of the "C'était mieux avant school" maybe...

They are quite common and strong haters. My Grandma' was like that .

Old 07-10-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
Let me put my discrepancy here...

Cádiz, Spain...

Almería, Spain... sources: Triangle Postals SL - Postales: Almería Desierto de Tabernas and Filming Almería - Oficina Provincial de Cine | Duna Los Genoveses

Also Spain is the only country with desertic climates in Europe... The landscape or climate diversity of Spain is the 7th or 8th in the world... the direct competitor of Spain is Argentina, a country 5-6 times bigger. Not a single country in the world with a size under 1.5 million km2 has the same or more natural diversity (climate, landscapes, etc) than Spain. And Spain has 504.990km2 of size... 0.5 million km2.

Those last 2 pics from above are from the desert of Almería, Spain. The only desert of Europe, as well as the only hot desert in Europe (some areas of the desert have a BWh hot desertic climate, just as the 3rd pic, the 2nd has a cold desert BWk climate). Close to the desert, at high altitude you got this (in the same province of Almería)

source: Filming Almería - Oficina Provincial de Cine | Alpujarra de Almería

Look at all of those ferns! And natural decidious trees, all green and lushy! (it's due to the altitude, in altitudes under 1000m or so the trees are not decidious trees) Crazy to think that in not more than 100km in a straight line you have a desert. Not a single place in Europe can be close to this, in fact, barely a few places in the world can compete or beat this...

You forgot the Rioja wineyards? From where the world's best rated wine comes from?

source: Los viedos de Rioja Alavesa, en la carrera por ser Patrimonio Mundial. El Correo

source: VIEDOS DE LA RIOJA | fotos de Maravillas de La Rioja

source: https://eldescorchedelaprensadelrioj...com/tag/rioja/
There are thousands of KM of sand dunes in Europe, in Ireland, UK, France, Spain, Italy...
Pilat is just the highest/biggest. It's a very weird place...quite strange to be honest.
I like it because ... it smells good there and the view on the Landes forest is great .

Else technically it's just a big amount of sand.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:17 AM

58 posts, read 39,492 times
One thing that I truly admire about France - and that sadly gets only rarely mentioned nowadays - is the incredible richness and quality of its public discourse. People may complain that it used to be much better a few decades ago but still, it's on another level compared to the rest of the world. The sheer number of intellectuals - philosophers, writers, historians, sociologists, political scientists, demographers etc. that engage in public debates, help to develop a critical reflection of events and cultivate public opinion is astonishing and France probably remains the last country in the world where intellectuals still have some say in public life. In this sense, France is indeed a beatiful exception.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:55 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,431,235 times
I don't know about all these pro-Spain posts, it's surely beautiful but personally too dry all around. It has the Mediterranean climate of South France but it's mountains are smaller, no Disneyland, no city to compare to Paris (even Madrid or Barcelona) to fairytale villages, no English like coasts like in Brittany or Normandy. The diversity in cultural look just isn't there.

Let me put it this way; Spain has Spanish beaches, Spanish mountains, Spanish forests, Spanish coastlines, and the such.

France has Italian beaches, Swiss mountains, German forests, English coastlines, and so on and so forth.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:03 AM

387 posts, read 380,149 times
What I don't understand is why there are so many French on this forum.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:59 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,290,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordeaux33 View Post
Especially when everybody knows that French people can not physically speak the English language !

Old 07-10-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordeaux33 View Post
Bordeaux33, Forgotten Username, French user, pigeonhole, Pokitobounto... Une belle brochette !

Old 07-10-2017, 11:39 AM

3,326 posts, read 2,619,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I don't know about all these pro-Spain posts, it's surely beautiful but personally too dry all around. It has the Mediterranean climate of South France but it's mountains are smaller, no Disneyland, no city to compare to Paris (even Madrid or Barcelona) to fairytale villages, no English like coasts like in Brittany or Normandy. The diversity in cultural look just isn't there.

Let me put it this way; Spain has Spanish beaches, Spanish mountains, Spanish forests, Spanish coastlines, and the such.

France has Italian beaches, Swiss mountains, German forests, English coastlines, and so on and so forth.
lol, after you did tons of biased comments someone had to return back to the reality

As Pokito said, France has no Spanish beaches, the south of Spain is the warmest zone of Europe and barely Corsica has beaches compared to the ones from Alicante, Galicia or Balearic islands.

Spain dry? the NW of Spain is amongst the 5 wettest (rain related) zones of Europe lol.

Spain has 13 climates, more than half of the northern half of Spain has purely humid climates.

What have you seen in my last post? A desert and nearby a humid forest in 100km in a straight line. Who else in Europe has that?

Yes of course it is, but the thing is that you don't know it lol. From Swiss looking villages to German ones to British ones to Irish (Celtic) ones to Moroccan ones near Granada... lol the clash of cultures and architecture which happened during the history of Spain is unique too lol. Spain still has some of the best preserved Roman buildings in Europe. The aqueduct of Segovia is the biggest and most preserved from Europe.

No fairytale towns? Of course there are, many. Just as lots of fairytale castles, mansions, etc. Lol seems that you know very little about Spain outside from the stereotypical land of sun, beaches and warmth.

I was just saying that your statement is wrong. France has no Spain in the SW just as it hasn't got no Italy in the SE...

Old 07-10-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
lol, after you did tons of biased comments someone had to return back to the reality

As Pokito said, France has no Spanish beaches, the south of Spain is the warmest zone of Europe and barely Corsica has beaches compared to the ones from Alicante, Galicia or Balearic islands.

Spain dry? the NW of Spain is amongst the 5 wettest (rain related) zones of Europe lol.

Spain has 13 climates, more than half of the northern half of Spain has purely humid climates.

What have you seen in my last post? A desert and nearby a humid forest in 100km in a straight line. Who else in Europe has that?

Yes of course it is, but the thing is that you don't know it lol. From Swiss looking villages to German ones to British ones to Irish (Celtic) ones to Moroccan ones near Granada... lol the clash of cultures and architecture which happened during the history of Spain is unique too lol. Spain still has some of the best preserved Roman buildings in Europe. The aqueduct of Segovia is the biggest and most preserved from Europe.

No fairytale towns? Of course there are, many. Just as lots of fairytale castles, mansions, etc. Lol seems that you know very little about Spain outside from the stereotypical land of sun, beaches and warmth.

I was just saying that your statement is wrong. France has no Spain in the SW just as it hasn't got no Italy in the SE...
We can argue an entire century.

I can find unlimited things that Spain doesn't have. As well as you can find unlimited things unknown in France.

I think there's a very very strong.... 'underestimation' on both sides.

Segovia aqueduct, biggest and most preserved ? Yes, with the pont du Gard...

BUT

There's one thing I ll say that will hurt you tho, nature in Corsica totally destroys Balearic Islands. It's like putting pico de Europa in the middle of mediterranean sea with Seychelles beaches.

One day....
We should open a thread pour en découdre Junter ... Even if pigeonhole will pee on my stupidity haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe