Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 01:49 PM

27,232 posts, read 28,302,028 times

Advertisements

It brings back memories watching all those places in Paris that Trump is going to.

Les Invalides was pretty good when I visited. A lot of military history in there, particularly about Bonaparte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 02:43 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,661,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It brings back memories watching all those places in Paris that Trump is going to.

Les Invalides was pretty good when I visited. A lot of military history in there, particularly about Bonaparte.
He said he might not listen his friend Jim and come back... maybe

Old 07-14-2017, 03:37 PM

321 posts, read 328,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
I guess he meant that in some places of France you feel somewhere else...in Colmar you hardly feel in France but more in Germany (it's clean lol)
In Orange, Nîmes or Arles, you feel the power of Italy (and then you want to visit Italy even more lol).
Blablabla....
In Lille you have a taste, an introduction to the wonderful flamish design..

But ofc there's one Roma, one Venise, one Granada...and they are impossible to approach. Nothing is better than the original, or incredibly rarely lol.
Why can't it be the same elsewhere in France?

I've noticed neighbouring Spain and Germany are cleaner. Italy might be even dirtier than France.

Old 07-14-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraculo View Post
Why can't it be the same elsewhere in France?

I've noticed neighbouring Spain and Germany are cleaner. Italy might be even dirtier than France.
Colmar is ultra clean because it's a tourist spot in the area. Mainly culture of locals.
french in Marseille aren't the same than those in Paris than those in Strasbourg...trust me.

Bur for me, only some poor cities (north of paris, roubaix...) in France or Marseille for a big one are dirty. Else it's just normal.
I don't think Reims, Bordeaux, Tours or Angers are dirty , more in general checking everywhere on streetview shows a normal state of the streets. I wouldn't lick the ground, but it's totally ok.

Yes (south) Italy is much more dirty, Napoli and its suburbs specially... for mafia's reasons.

France =/= Paris =/= metros of Paris =/= RER of Paris.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:12 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,895,164 times
Why do you keep posting incredibly vague threads?

Old 07-14-2017, 05:24 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,359,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Why do you keep posting incredibly vague threads?
it takes time and details to start a specific thread, I rather just get the ball rolling and add more details as it goes on.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:25 PM

to Junter's point Spain is also beautiful and has one of the best economies (now) in all of Europe which will help keep the cities modern and new.

https://www.economist.com/news/europ...results-spains

Old 07-22-2017, 07:26 PM

montpellier france: my favorite major city in France; on the other hand the nearby Marseille is too dirty and filled with cracked buildings for me to appreciate.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:45 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,895,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
to Junter's point Spain is also beautiful and has one of the best economies (now) in all of Europe which will help keep the cities modern and new.

https://www.economist.com/news/europ...results-spains
Guessing you haven't seen the debt and unemployment levels? Staggering unemployment figures for a developed nation.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
montpellier france: my favorite major city in France; on the other hand the nearby Marseille is too dirty and filled with cracked buildings for me to appreciate.
Did you go in Montpellier IRL ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe