Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 02:44 PM

23 posts, read 16,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mym View Post
have you looked into what is required to enter a dog into the netherlands?

there are government requirements:
https://www.government.nl/topics/ani...he-netherlands

and then there are other details like which airlines can take dogs and during what months. the hold has to be pressurized in order for dogs to travel. although i do recommend you do your own research on this matter because my information is four years old.

then there is dog tax. in haarlem is 150 a year. not bad. i brought 3 dogs to the hague. 500 a year in dog tax. one died last week. the vet gave me a form for the tax department so i can get reimbursed for the remainder of the year.

to get a sitter for your dog can run you 25 euro a day if you want to leave them behind on vacation.
Hi! Yes, I already read the requirements and working on it. Will fly from Puerto Rico to Rome with Iberia with the dogs as "baggage". From Rome to Amsterdam, we are considering making a 2-3 days car trip. Thank you for the information about the dog tax and dog sitter!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
where is his job? amsterdam zuid?

https://www.htm.nl/#?from=station-hi...way,Train,Walk

35 minutes, to amsterdam central.
The job is on Sarphatistraat, close to Amstel.
35 minutes from Hilversum to Amsterdam is not so much..

Old 06-20-2017, 03:09 PM
mym

706 posts, read 1,170,318 times
no. but you also have to factor in how long it takes to get to the train station. everybody has their own limits.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
no. but you also have to factor in how long it takes to get to the train station. everybody has their own limits.
You are right... hope to find a suitable house close to the city :-)

Old 06-20-2017, 05:21 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,379,001 times
Maastricht

Old 06-21-2017, 12:03 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,929,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaBgn View Post
Hi, you are right. I wrote professor but it's too general. Actually the position of my husband will be Senior Lecturer in a private Academy. I am not considering Amsterdam, I am aware of the high rents.. I am considering towns around the city connected with the centre by train or bus.
The salary seems much too low to me, probably they couldn't find a local person who is willing to work for that salary so they tried to find someone from abroad who is unaware of the high costs of living in Amsterdam. I think the salary should at least be 50% or more higher and they should offer some form of relocation assistance too, like help you find accommodation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe