Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2017, 02:34 AM

74 posts, read 119,784 times

Advertisements

At the Austerlitz station a few years ago, there was this one guy that played a tune on a piano, then another guy that didn't know the other guy joined in and created an improvisation on the piano. Everyone else in the station really enjoyed it, and so did I. And I'm also very jealous that I didn't get to see it in person while the people in the station did. This makes me wonder, were there any of you that got to see this in person, or knew somebody that saw this in person?

Here's the link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I_NYya-WWg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 01:27 PM

102,214 posts, read 107,859,557 times
There's been a project in some US and European cities, to have pianos available in public place, for random strangers to enjoy playing. The phenom isn't limited to Austerlitz. I think it's a great thing!

Old 07-17-2017, 03:35 PM

74 posts, read 119,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There's been a project in some US and European cities, to have pianos available in public place, for random strangers to enjoy playing. The phenom isn't limited to Austerlitz. I think it's a great thing!
I know that. Philadelphia needs to start having that as I would love to witness somebody on the piano as I'm walking by. It's that this particular improvisation is really neat, and the people who saw this in person were so lucky.

Old 07-17-2017, 06:04 PM

2,219 posts, read 1,324,871 times
I once saw a very good performance by a ballerina at the station near Les Halles. I arrived almost one hour late for my appointment afterwards.

I know how you feel, I have little luck to chance upon these illusive street pianists.

London - St Pancras Station

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn-KEbvCckg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe