Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 04:45 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
The dogs that you'll eat for lunch won't be curling by your side, they're no one's pets, just cattle ready to slaughter. No one's been emotionally attached to any of them. Similarly, you might not want to eat your neighbor's pet pig as you know it'll hurt him. And yes, that pet pig is every bit as intelligent as your dog.
I understand this part.
But I do understand as well, that you can't turn cockroach in your pet in the same manner as you can turn that "no one's dog" into your pet.
So obviously as I've said, there is something different between the cultures, where one treats potentially intelligent and loyal animal as a "best friend" and the other one treats it as a source of food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 12:19 AM

526 posts, read 376,773 times
Unfortunately or fortunately what we eat in some parts of world in another parts we throw and vice versa...differents cultures and differents ways of eating. In the world we eat everything but every parts eat only some things.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:22 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
And why wouldn't I have prejudices "against minorities" when it's acceptable in this particular culture to torture dogs before being butchered?
I mean the whole idea of someone habitually eating dogs is already repulsive to me ( talking about the "cultural gap,") but leaving that alone, to torture them on top of that, so they'd "taste better"?
I'm sorry, obviously there is a problem right there, not to mention that I find that there is something wrong with people that keep on multiplying to infinity, and then have a necessity to kill their girl off-springs.
Don't forget that originally I am coming from "misogynistic and homophobic" place, so the political correctness American style didn't affect me)))
And in the same manner, while I feel sympathetic to the plight of minorities in the US and understand the whole issue of covert racism, it doesn't mean that I don't see Blacks for example for what they often are - the disregard for the value of human life (the lives of their own kin at that,) the babies being popped out with no regard of how to raise them/take care of them, the drugs - it's not like I don't see it all.
This doesn't prevent me from making friends among them with people I genuinely like, but to say that "I don't have prejudice" would be incorrect, because I certainly do, and for a reason.
I agree with this assessment. And, we whites have nothing to be proud of either. People, generally and some races in particular, have some unpleasant aspects of their culture.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:26 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
that's just YOUR culture, YOUR understanding, and YOUR relationship with dogs.

Those who eat dog meat don't kill and eat their own pets. They buy the meat from the market just like you buy beef from the stores.

What about cows? Cows are an indispensible animal for farming for how many years? Now since westerners think it is OK to eat them, it is ok. Since westerners love dogs, the while world should treat them like family. How funny.

I hope those countries where dogs are eaten will continue doing so. what you provided makes very little sense despite your desperate effort.

and yes, dogs are just another animal. NOTHINg more. What westerners love to do most to to impose their own preference as some sort of "universal value" and it is disgusting to see.
I can't understand why you think it is okay to eat dogs. Do you also think it is okay to torture them so they taste better? Btw, I am vegetarian so my conscience is clear. Your viewpoint is disgusting.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:16 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clikrf8 View Post
I can't understand why you think it is okay to eat dogs. Do you also think it is okay to torture them so they taste better? Btw, I am vegetarian so my conscience is clear. Your viewpoint is disgusting.
Eating dogs means torture dog? Do people torture cows before eating beef?

Being vegetarian is your personal choice. There's absolutely nothing noble about it.

Old 07-15-2017, 12:21 AM

For the work I do I often meet VEGETARIAN, VEGAN, FRUTTARIANI ( people that eat only fruits ) and now MELARIANI ( people that eat only apples ) each of them believes he is better.
I say them always that:
1) until in the your speeches there are words as CRIMINALS, MURDERERS to who don't think as you, you will not be credible and you can not change nothing.
2) before calling CRIMINALS other people because they eat meat ( people have always eaten meat ) you think the people that every day die by hand of other people.

Old 07-15-2017, 01:51 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,333,156 times
Why do people care what kind of animals are eaten in other countries?? Nobody forces you to eat dogs, and no health threat is created by people eating dogs in other countries. I find dogs smelly and not tasty, so I don't eat them.

Old 07-15-2017, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
Why do people care what kind of animals are eaten in other countries?? Nobody forces you to eat dogs, and no health threat is created by people eating dogs in other countries. I find dogs smelly and not tasty, so I don't eat them.
I think is difficult to say if the dogs are tasty ( if you don't eaten them ) and they are smelly? Yes, but the pig is not smelly??

Old 07-15-2017, 03:55 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,333,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste68 View Post
I think is difficult to say if the dogs are tasty ( if you don't eaten them ) and they are smelly? Yes, but the pig is not smelly??
I have eaten dog meat, but I didn't like it. Well, you are right that all animals are somehow smelly. But if I think of dog, I always think of dog poo on the sidewalk in the cities. That already makes me so disgusted that I don't want to eat dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe