Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 10:07 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Slovenia is like the Slavic Switzerland
Lol. Good comparison. Croatia is the Slavic Italy. Poland is the Slavic France
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 03:47 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,383,967 times
TÅ¡ernogooria- that has the best climate. Russia with Oymyakon would be my last choice.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:33 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,920,492 times
Given that I know how to speak Russian, I would probably choose Russia, particularly Crimea since that is where my family comes from and I still have some relatives who live there. However the economy is not so great there so I would probably live in western Siberia, such as Yekaterinburg, Tyumen, or Tomsk, those seem to be very nice cities that are developing quite well, and I would definitely avoid Moscow as it's to crowded and St. Petersburg is nice, but it's just way to far up north, I would like to see the sun during the winter time. Out side of Russia I would probably choose Croatia for it's beautiful coast, or the Czech Republic since it seems to be the most developed and from what I hear Prague is a very beautiful city. Warsaw also seems to be developing very well too, so possibly Poland too.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:08 PM

7,212 posts, read 3,085,515 times
Russia of course.

Last edited by Nino Bellov; 07-22-2017 at 06:53 PM..

Old 07-22-2017, 06:46 PM

59 posts, read 54,542 times
^Ti si lud, v Rusia ima mnogo piqnici i nikoi ne se usmihva.

None! Most of them tend to have very bad customer service once you live there (rude/not smiling grocery store clerks for example), bad road infrastructure and other problems. Also, while Slavic women are generally beautiful, they're very cold. I would say most are soulless, they lack substance and the warmth of say Spanish and Portuguese people or the extroverted bubbliness of most Americans. Even Scandinavian/Germanic ones have more warmth (although they hide it and are reserved). Generalizations of course, but my experience is like this.

Also too many heavy drinkers, and almost no one smiles. Formerly insular, but mentally most are still very mistrusting of anything different. Even after those years the ghost of communism still lingers on. I was scolded by my parents for "smiling too much" and laughing. Now at work people ask me "Why are you smiling?" like it's a bad thing. Also the roads in Prague are not as good as the Dutch ones for example despite their booming economy so that speaks of too much corruption. Also: alcoholics.

In general, the Slavic countries don't interest me one bit. Why pay money to get insulted by store clerks that look always angry/dour and even sometimes throw the change at you (I live in Prague since 6 months). Customer service in Czechia is notoriously rude. Thank God for self-service checkouts! Give me an Anglo-Saxon, Latin or even Germanic country instead, I can find better customer service there, better roads and while some of them are reserved more warmth there! Slavic people are just cold. Germanic peoples are cold on the outside, warm inside, Latins are warm outside and rough inside but imo Slavs are both cold inside as outside. They have no emotions.

Last edited by MihailTheViking; 07-22-2017 at 06:56 PM..

Old 07-22-2017, 09:02 PM

2,611 posts, read 2,878,914 times
I love the natural beauty of Croatia.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:11 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
I would pick Croatia, because of my family there, the Dalmatian coast/Adriatic Sea and the temperate climate. Laid back, 'ciao' mentality. Tall, dark, and gorgeous males. A thousand islands dot the coast and is right next door to Slovenia for visiting. Slovenia is a great country and plenty would want to live there no doubt - but the Slovenians don't actually want you to come live there - unless of course if you're actually Slovenian.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:16 PM

51 posts, read 32,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I would pick Croatia, because of my family there, the Dalmatian coast/Adriatic Sea and the temperate climate. Laid back, 'ciao' mentality. Tall, dark, and gorgeous males. A thousand islands dot the coast and is right next door to Slovenia for visiting. Slovenia is a great country and plenty would want to live there no doubt - but the Slovenians don't actually want you to come live there - unless of course if you're actually Slovenian.
Complete bull. Lots of foreigners live in Slovenia without problems. Buying properties is easy, much cheaper than in Western Europe, so many buy second or permanent homes. Some former citizens from YU times find things difficult, because they usually refuse to learn the language and they live in Slovenia for decades.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:18 PM

10 posts, read 6,541 times
CZ republic

Old 10-11-2017, 01:49 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Poland would likely cause the smallest culture shock, but I'm more interested in Czechia and Croatia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe