U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2017, 02:58 PM

59 posts, read 22,667 times

Advertisements

When in your opinion will customer service and infrastructure in the non-Anglo and non-Germanic Europe (Especially Eastern, Balkan and Slavic Europe) finally match those from say Austria? Bratislava is so close to Vienna physically but it's worlds apart compared to it in terms of the way the buildings are maintained, has more potholes (just see the ones on the bus stop at the Autobusova Stanica), people are very stand-offish, avoid eye contact more than Austrians, smile less than them, etc. Also more drunks. I am coming from a similar, disfunctional country and I wonder why all disfunctional societies tend to be either Southern European (Greek, Romanian, to a lesser extent Italian, Portuguese and Spanish) or Slavic (Russia, Belarus, Poland, Bulgaria, Ukrain, Macedonia but even Czechia and Slovakia at al. that are close to the west).

When will our ountries be as civilized as say Germany or the Netherlands? When will roads and pavements in Skopije, Sofia, Beograd, Bratislava etc be like those in Vienna, Münich or Eindhoven for ex? How long? I am already 30 and as a kid I assumed dirty streets are seen everywhere. Then I went to the West.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:21 PM

972 posts, read 682,443 times
Intelligence....

Old 08-01-2017, 09:57 AM

13,823 posts, read 12,618,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
Intelligence....
A very SPECIFIC type of intelligence at that - the practical and organizational one.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:34 PM

59 posts, read 22,667 times
Oh well then I will move to a place that matches my values more. I can't live in a chaotic, disorganized culture with bad roads, unclean streets, etc. I want to live, work and play, raise a family in a place where I get something by paying taxes to the authorities. I've waited for so long for my country to be like my dream place but it's futile and there are places already like that -- Germany, Austria. I tried changing things back home but it's like planting a tree in an erosed desert.

Chaos, things like people polluting too much and authorities not cleaning enough, cars not stopping for pedestrians etc. causes me great emotional distress and stress.

In Belgium I often saw random people picking up bottles someone left and putting them in the bins. It was so pleasant to see that.

I just hope fellow migrants that, unlike me are uncultured to be able to see the light and stop with their disorganized, polluting, anger issue ways. It's because of them Westerners treat me as unequal when I tell them where I come from.

I want my future children to grow civil and prone to being organized etc. and not in a place that is disorderly like my home country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe