Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 04:56 AM

985 posts, read 1,853,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Threads like this one are further proof that a small clique of elitist-Leftists have completely lost touch with ordinary Americans living outside the Mega-cities. The number of those who identify as "white nationalists' is small (perhaps 50-100,000 -- probably about 1/4 of the 1960 figure, and that diluted by a 60% increase in population, most of it non-Caucasian.

Get a grip on reality. little melting snowflakes! Visit a theme park, sports event, or any other attraction where people of ordinary means congregate on a holiday like Labor Day, and you'll see people enjoying themselves, and treating each other with dignity and respect. Take off your blinders and take in the truth.

Except for the sore losers like yourselves, the Electoral Spasm is over!
If - as you imply - the white nationalist (or rather supremacist) clique is tiny and only a quarter of the number of 50 years ago, why does your president have problems condemning these neo nazis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 06:41 AM

505 posts, read 393,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I doubt that these events are affecting global markets. The markets are doing quite well at the moment in fact.

Yes, I am aware that hate groups exist in France, Brazil and many other countries. But the fact that people in foreign countries (including mine) are paying so much attention to the issue of statues and Trump tweets in the U.S. is more because it's a "show" than about anything of substance.

It's like watching Hunger Games, except it's real.

Yes, make believe.
A big show.
Many statues are made from bronze from former statues that were declared damnatio memoriae.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggo View Post
If - as you imply - the white nationalist (or rather supremacist) clique is tiny and only a quarter of the number of 50 years ago, why does your president have problems condemning these neo nazis?

What is now considered "white nationalist" in the US did not exist in the near past. Current day's hate groups would be the laughing stock 50 years ago, as most are presided by "non-whites" (Catholics, Slavics, you name it). More of a fabrication.

Just make believe, political recreations created by political groups.

And why do they provoke people that have been raised in the belief that Robert E. Lee was a heroe?

Provocations just for political purposes.

I remember visiting the south and the dixie flag was a staple item, everything had the dixie flag, and then you go and tell millions of people that cherish an idolized past that Lee was a Nazi? Ludicrous.

What's next? Burning "Leave it to beaver" tapes?

Old 09-05-2017, 07:24 AM

985 posts, read 1,853,940 times
Nobody said that Lee was a nazi or whatever. He was a brilliant general.
The mob who shouted Heil Trump while raising their arms were surely nazis, as well as the ones who didn't distance themselves from them immediately when they realised they were part of a nazi demo.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Nobody said that Lee was a nazi or whatever. He was a brilliant general.
The mob who shouted Heil Trump while raising their arms were surely nazis, as well as the ones who didn't distance themselves from them immediately when they realised they were part of a nazi demo.

Just a theatrical act considering than those groups are monitored by the secret service.
Yes, they did say that.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:18 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
Quote:
I agree that the white supremacist population in America is tiny.

Even so, Trump's unwillingness to address it in bold terms, much like Obama's unwillingness to do the same concerning Islamic extremism, is inscrutable to me.

However small it is, it exists and it ought to be condemned, and he would gain more points than he would lose if he did it.

He can condemn leftist violence, too, but the people clearly seem to want him to make a bold and undiluted message against white supremacy.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:49 AM

1,889 posts, read 1,324,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I agree that the white supremacist population in America is tiny.

Even so, Trump's unwillingness to address it in bold terms, much like Obama's unwillingness to do the same concerning Islamic extremism, is inscrutable to me.

However small it is, it exists and it ought to be condemned, and he would gain more points than he would lose if he did it.

He can condemn leftist violence, too, but the people clearly seem to want him to make a bold and undiluted message against white supremacy.
It seems to me he's made his position on this quite clear.

Note the timeline in the following video.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:57 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,152 times
I think there is no reason to blame Trump, there were thugs on both sides, after the car chrashed into the leftists they attacked the car with batons and the like, no peacefull protestors carry batons and the like.

I think it is political correctness and SJWs with their critical whiteness and the like that divide society, American racism is an issue Americans have to deal themselves with, I don't think that Trump is a racist, at least not when it comes to African-Americans, much less he is a Nazi.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:22 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I must admit that I am more interested in how things are trending as opposed to how things are right now. Right now the temperatures in my city are quite steady around 20C for the next little while, so one could think that they are always going to stay that way. But if you look closely at the signs that point to the trend, it's obvious that a cool-down is coming.

If you look at most of the countries where those videos were made, even if it's still rare today, stuff like this wasn't generally happening at all a couple of decades ago.

So my question is this? Is it becoming more or less common? And if it's becoming more common, is this a desirable evolution?

Another thing is that people who point this stuff out or express concerns are often labelled as racist. I think that, in at least some cases, that's a bit unfair.

Here in the following video is another example of societal changes brought by immigration. Do you think most people would have a problem with what they see in this video?
Autumn is inevitable. I happens every year, starts and stops. How do you think that the situation in Europe would be the same?

No, it wasn't happening a couple of decades ago. Instead we had a lot of other stuff: extreme right terrorists, IRA, football hooligans going rampant, and all that. Where are they now? The autumn probably killed them off.

I don't know if it's becoming more common. But due to the terrorist attacks the past years, I doubt it.

About your video, the general theme is the same in Europe. I don't think people have anything against it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe