Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: France would have been better without immigration
Yes. Immigrants brings more problems than they solve 135 61.09%
No. Immigrants save us. 20 9.05%
Same 10 4.52%
Impossible to know. There are to much factors to take in account 56 25.34%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 05:37 AM

827 posts, read 630,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Or France should have never invaded other lands.

We can't go back now. What is done is done.
France similar to many other European countries need to embrace their immigrants and figure out a way to stop treating them like 2nd class citizens. I have spoken to way too many people living in France that are not descents of French nationals that feel like 2nd class citizens. This is very bad. I am not trying to say all French people are "bad" or treat non-French national bad in France, but when enough people are saying this it can not be a lie.

Terrorism is a global problem and had been before Islamic terrorism surfaced. The world has changed due to technology and regardless of which group is doing the terrorizing strategies to mange terrorism are a global concern.

Pure bull****.
The laws is exactly the same for everybody and peope from minority benefit from many advantages despite causing so much troubles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2018, 12:00 PM

7,503 posts, read 6,285,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
Pure bull****.
The laws is exactly the same for everybody and peope from minority benefit from many advantages despite causing so much troubles.

in theory, yes

Old 06-02-2018, 01:50 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
in theory, yes
In theory, the laws are implemented to fix things the "right way," however ON PRACTICE no one can change the way people FEEL about the immigrants.
And this would be obvious on so many levels.

Old 06-04-2018, 12:43 PM

505 posts, read 392,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french user View Post
France did not have migrants for two centuries but since ever. Even Gauls were not autochtonous, but were migrants orignary from central Europe...

The problem is not imigration in itself but the lack of assimilation of some people, mainly due to diffenet religious identities.

The Algerian war is still alive...

Old 06-04-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farinello View Post
The Algerian war is still alive...

Only for one side.
But the other is waking up.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:42 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
The problem with the concept of assimilations if that is almost implies the some people and some cultures are better then others.

When the French invaded other countries did the French assimilated?

No.

The shoved their views and culture down everyone's throat.

People will naturally start fusing cultures and norms of a the place they live in with the heritage .... but how much must a person assimilate to be treated with mutual respect.

How long does someone and their descents have to live in France before being accepted as being French.

I am first generation Canadian and feel very connected to being Canadian as I am included in the Canadian identity. We were never told change or get out.

You can wear a turban and still play hockey.
You can wear a hijab and still be at a rock concert.
You can be who you are ( a combination of your heritage and current Canadian culture).
You are not made to feel you have to choose between being one thing over the other.

If a person born in France commits an act of Islamic terrorism .... why start calling him Moroccan, Algerian, Egyptian or Turkish? Wait is it because you NEVER saw them as French in the first place? Could this not likely be the problem?

Old 06-05-2018, 11:51 AM

779 posts, read 595,670 times
Quote:
The problem with the concept of assimilations if that is almost implies the some people and some cultures are better then others.

Freudian slip there bud, you compared the migration into France to an invasion.

Quote:
If a person born in France commits an act of Islamic terrorism .... why start calling him Moroccan, Algerian, Egyptian or Turkish? Wait is it because you NEVER saw them as French in the first place? Could this not likely be the problem?
Being born in a staple doesn't make you a horse.

Old 06-05-2018, 12:11 PM

26,874 posts, read 37,997,315 times
Quote:

I am not sure that they actually do this exactly in the way you are describing it. I watch the French media a lot and they never say that someone born in France is Moroccan, Algerian, etc. But they do say something like "born in France to Moroccan parents" or "born in Algeria and naturalized French". In any event, it's usually obvious from a person's name anyway.

I realize all of this may not be satisfactory to people with Canadian sensibilities...

Though... I swear to God when I read your post I thought of how sprinter Ben Johnson instantly went from being "Canadian" to "Jamaican-born" when he was disqualified for steroid use at the Olympics.

Old 06-05-2018, 12:26 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
^
She doesn't understand apparently that the concepts of the Old World are completely different, comparably to the concepts of the new, artificially created nations of the New World.

Old 06-08-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:

No.

The shoved their views and culture down everyone's throat.

Exactly yhe phenomen of immigration we witness is an invasion.
Let's react to an invasion as we should.

Quote:
People will naturally start fusing cultures and norms of a the place they live in with the heritage .... but how much must a person assimilate to be treated with mutual respect.

How long does someone and their descents have to live in France before being accepted as being French.

I am first generation Canadian and feel very connected to being Canadian as I am included in the Canadian identity. We were never told change or get out.

You can wear a turban and still play hockey.
You can wear a hijab and still be at a rock concert.
You can be who you are ( a combination of your heritage and current Canadian culture).
You are not made to feel you have to choose between being one thing over the other.

Because an identity is not a peace of papers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe