Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 12:38 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,236,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
As if the climate were their personal achievement. Strange item in your list.

But the OP sounds like he never studied French in school or university. In my high school French program, we not only studied the language, but the literature, geography, and a bit of history and culture. Anyone who went through that program would be incapable of making the kinds of uninformed statements the OP makes.

Back to school, OP.
Probably not but I suspect the OP's knowledge of the Russian language is much better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2018, 12:39 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
What is the moral argument against destroying chemical weapons sites? France is the thug for blowing up some storage facility after people were murdered with the same chemicals?
It is there country, not ours. The coalition doesn't give a damn about Syrian children as they (we) arm terrorists who use chemical weapons and order them to destabilize the country.

What is the moral argument for not bombing american war facilities?

Old 04-14-2018, 05:14 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,851,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
It is there country, not ours. The coalition doesn't give a damn about Syrian children as they (we) arm terrorists who use chemical weapons and order them to destabilize the country.

First you claim we do something in the present tense and bring up something the USA did 50 years ago. Okay, that's an interesting concept but the CWC was signed in 1993.

Now you are saying its "their" country and not "ours". Who's they? You think a man who inherits a presidency and murders people to stay in power has all rights to use banned chemicals on his subjects? You can think that if you want, and be angry about it but we still had the right to blow up those facilities. The fact that you are angry about chemical weapons depots being eliminated is troubling.

Old 04-14-2018, 05:26 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,491,500 times
Quote:
WE USE CHEMICAL WEAPONS.

have you heard of the Vietnam war, or have you seen what what happen to young Iranians in the 80s?

Maybe the US should be attacked.

To Assad, we have no right to attack them. We armed terrorist in their country with chemical weapons to instigate a civil war and at the same time support the Saudis butchering of children in Yemen.
The Houthi's conducted an armed takeover of the government.

On the other hand, please stop using phrases such as "butchering of children". No one is actively killing kids. Some of them have died as a result of attacks, but there is no official policy to wipe out kids.

Have you also heard of the following actions conducted by the Islamic Republic of Iran?

-Arming of Hezbollah so they can take over Lebanon
-Hezbollah attacks conducted on Israel
-Threatening to wipe Israel off the map
-Denial and mockery of the holocaust
-Arming of Shia militants in Iraq to fight the coalition
-Arming of the mujaheddin in Bosnia
-Cover up of the attacks conducted against the Jewish center and Embassy in Argentina
-Assassination of political figures like Shapour Bakhtiar

It's very easy to take a country and make a list of their sins. Yes, the US, Saudi Arabia and Russia have a whole host of sins as well, so it's most definitely not one sided.

I do find your condemnation of this attack to be entirely hypocritical and self-serving, even if it does have merit. Where was your outrage at the Rohingya refugee crisis? What about the Venezuelan one? When was the last time you shed a tear for the dead in the Congo, Central African Republic or Nigeria?

Instead most of your threads have been about how terrible the Chinese are for eating dogs, how gorgeous women are docile, how Mexico disrespects Trump even though the fault is entirely his...

BTW, I don't think Trump is guilty whatsoever, after all both his current wife and his ex are flat out gorgeous and so are his daughters. That should absolve him of any sin. Have you seen Stormy Daniels? Since he's surrounded himself with so many gorgeous women and most of them have spread their legs at one point, he's hit the jackpot. All that positive Karma got transferred to him.

Old 04-14-2018, 05:35 PM

5,948 posts, read 2,870,440 times
Quote:

How can I take someone seriously who names themselves after a TV show?

Old 04-14-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
How can I take someone seriously who names themselves after a TV show?
??? which one?

If so it is purely by coincidence.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
The Houthi's conducted an armed takeover of the government.

On the other hand, please stop using phrases such as "butchering of children". No one is actively killing kids. Some of them have died as a result of attacks, but there is no official policy to wipe out kids.

Have you also heard of the following actions conducted by the Islamic Republic of Iran?

-Arming of Hezbollah so they can take over Lebanon
-Hezbollah attacks conducted on Israel
-Threatening to wipe Israel off the map
-Denial and mockery of the holocaust
-Arming of Shia militants in Iraq to fight the coalition
-Arming of the mujaheddin in Bosnia
-Cover up of the attacks conducted against the Jewish center and Embassy in Argentina
-Assassination of political figures like Shapour Bakhtiar

It's very easy to take a country and make a list of their sins. Yes, the US, Saudi Arabia and Russia have a whole host of sins as well, so it's most definitely not one sided.

I do find your condemnation of this attack to be entirely hypocritical and self-serving, even if it does have merit. Where was your outrage at the Rohingya refugee crisis? What about the Venezuelan one? When was the last time you shed a tear for the dead in the Congo, Central African Republic or Nigeria?

Instead most of your threads have been about how terrible the Chinese are for eating dogs, how gorgeous women are docile, how Mexico disrespects Trump even though the fault is entirely his...

BTW, I don't think Trump is guilty whatsoever, after all both his current wife and his ex are flat out gorgeous and so are his daughters. That should absolve him of any sin. Have you seen Stormy Daniels? Since he's surrounded himself with so many gorgeous women and most of them have spread their legs at one point, he's hit the jackpot. All that positive Karma got transferred to him.
The Houthis have been fighting the corrupt Yemen government well before Iran started supporting them. They were being killed and imprisoned and finally, with support from the people, the took charge of the government.

The US media doesn't care to acknowledge that Assad is fighting a civil war (that the American government escalated) and calls him a butcher so why should I offer greater kindness to the Saudis and Pentagon officials?

I don't support Iran's government but 9/10 times they do it in self defense from two countries (the US and Saudi) who are surrounding them with military bases and have sanctioned and killed their people. If Australia were surrounded by China or Japan via sea and had blockaded the entire country for doing nothing except resisting imperialistic demands from said countries you would do anything to protect your people.

When have you denounced said crimes? I have no power over them being as my government is not involved. In Syria and Yemen (and Somalia and Niger and Honduras, and Colombia) my country (and tax $$s) are involved so it is my responsibility to say something.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:02 PM

Quote:
??? which one?

If so it is purely by coincidence.
I think he might be referring to Game of Thrones. There is a place that goes by the name Winterfell. Maybe he got it from there I'm not sure.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
The Houthis have been fighting the corrupt Yemen government well before Iran started supporting them. They were being killed and imprisoned and finally, with support from the people, the took charge of the government.

The US media doesn't care to acknowledge that Assad is fighting a civil war (that the American government escalated) and calls him a butcher so why should I offer greater kindness to the Saudis and Pentagon officials?

I don't support Iran's government but 9/10 times they do it in self defense from two countries (the US and Saudi) who are surrounding them with military bases and have sanctioned and killed their people. If Australia were surrounded by China or Japan via sea and had blockaded the entire country for doing nothing except resisting imperialistic demands from said countries you would do anything to protect your people.

When have you denounced said crimes? I have no power over them being as my government is not involved. In Syria and Yemen (and Somalia and Niger and Honduras, and Colombia) my country (and tax $$s) are involved so it is my responsibility to say something.
Governments have a habit of using extreme rhetoric to try and drive a point across. There is no need for us civilians to use such extreme language. Kids are obviously going to be affected by war, but there is no policy in place to exterminate them. By stooping to their level, we become part of someone's propaganda.

No, many of Iran's actions are not in self-defense. Iran is in a power play for control of the Middle East, with Saudi Arabia on the opposing side. The other powers are just backing each respective country depending on where their interests lie. I've got nothing against Iran personally, I just pick on everyone involved. I know that many of those among the Persian Diaspora think quite differently as most of those I met dislike of Islam in general, though not all. I even understand that for all it's faults, the Islamic Republic, gave many Iranians a new sense of national pride as the country was charting it's own course. During the Pahlavi Dynasty, they were viewed as western puppets, and before that the Qajar's had their own controversy.

I don't object to your criticism as it is your every right, given that your money is being spent on the conflict. What I do object, is the "fake outrage" that many people employ. They will only focus on the narrative that fits their agenda. That's why, I've condemned both the government and the rebels for their involvement in Syria as well as every foreign power that's present. I've extended that to all international conflicts or atrocities being committed. Don't take my criticisms too harshly though, as even I am a hypocrite. I've turned a blind eye to events that go against my narrative or due to a lack of knowledge.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Governments have a habit of using extreme rhetoric to try and drive a point across. There is no need for us civilians to use such extreme language. Kids are obviously going to be affected by war, but there is no policy in place to exterminate them. By stooping to their level, we become part of someone's propaganda.

No, many of Iran's actions are not in self-defense. Iran is in a power play for control of the Middle East, with Saudi Arabia on the opposing side. The other powers are just backing each respective country depending on where their interests lie. I've got nothing against Iran personally, I just pick on everyone involved. I know that many of those among the Persian Diaspora think quite differently as most of those I met dislike of Islam in general, though not all. I even understand that for all it's faults, the Islamic Republic, gave many Iranians a new sense of national pride as the country was charting it's own course. During the Pahlavi Dynasty, they were viewed as western puppets, and before that the Qajar's had their own controversy.

I don't object to your criticism as it is your every right, given that your money is being spent on the conflict. What I do object, is the "fake outrage" that many people employ. They will only focus on the narrative that fits their agenda. That's why, I've condemned both the government and the rebels for their involvement in Syria as well as every foreign power that's present. I've extended that to all international conflicts or atrocities being committed. Don't take my criticisms too harshly though, as even I am a hypocrite. I've turned a blind eye to events that go against my narrative or due to a lack of knowledge.
That's fair. I don't personally feel the pain of every Syrian who dies, it is a distant conflict for me (though I have family in Iran where the conflict could potentially reach).
I just get frustrated with all my fellow Americans who buy into the government narrative that we're the good guys and they're the bad. There seems to be no more critical thinking in this country anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe