Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 12:19 AM

766 posts, read 1,254,230 times

Advertisements

not Surprised about all the McDonald’s stereotypes in this thread. , I live in Texas and the variety of food we have here is unbelievable and just tastes so much better and no I’m not talking about the fast food, I’m talking about Cajun, Tex mex, southern comfort, American Italian, and good ol BBQ. I also find it slightly ironic that everyone here is talking trash but I’ve never seen a mcdonalds in America as busy as the one in the center of Barcelona next to placa Catalunya

Old 04-25-2018, 02:29 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
not Surprised about all the McDonald’s stereotypes in this thread. , I live in Texas and the variety of food we have here is unbelievable and just tastes so much better and no I’m not talking about the fast food, I’m talking about Cajun, Tex mex, southern comfort, American Italian, and good ol BBQ. I also find it slightly ironic that everyone here is talking trash but I’ve never seen a mcdonalds in America as busy as the one in the center of Barcelona next to placa Catalunya
Usually people say the opposite, that food in the US is either junk food or extremely expensive - when you eat out. Other than that, I guess most of American food is not genuine American but of European or other origin. Why should Italians in Italy cook worse than American-Italians? Maybe food in Europe is either not sweet or spicy enough for you, there are different recipes for Coca Cola e.g., everything is said to be sweeter in the US, when you're used to that you might not like other food.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:27 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
I’ve lived in Portugal and Spain for 6 months. I’ve gone all over the continent and tried different types of cuisines. But one thing I’ve noticed is that the food is significantly worse than in America. It might be more organic and with less preservatives, but that doesn’t equate t actual flavor.

It's not the European food that is the problem, it's the adulterating flavours you've been accustomed to putting on your tongue's taste buds is the problem. It means your taste buds have now become adulterated and are becoming deadened because of all the chemical additives and overpowering flavourings that are put into the American foods you like - the Cajun, Tex mex, southern comfort, American Italian, and BBQ. You aren't really eating better food in America, what you're eating is extra strong added flavours (including some pretty bizarre synthetic chemical flavours) and that means you now no longer have the ability to experience subtle flavours of unadulterated foods.

If you think European food doesn't taste good now you're going to be in for a nasty surprise with American food if you just wait another 15 years or so. You'll find that the older you get the more you will lose of your sense of smell and your sense of taste altogether, you won't even have the ability to taste extra-extra-extra spicy additives in American foods either. Your taste buds and olfactory senses will become numbed and no longer function properly from having built up a resistance and then becoming damaged due to you overdosing them on strong flavoured additives all your life.

Old 04-25-2018, 04:02 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
It's not the European food that is the problem, it's the adulterating flavours you've been accustomed to putting on your tongue's taste buds is the problem. It means your taste buds have now become adulterated and are becoming deadened because of all the chemical additives and overpowering flavourings that are put into the American foods you like - the Cajun, Tex mex, southern comfort, American Italian, and BBQ. You aren't really eating better food in America, what you're eating is extra strong added flavours (including some pretty bizarre synthetic chemical flavours) and that means you now no longer have the ability to experience subtle flavours of unadulterated foods.

If you think European food doesn't taste good now you're going to be in for a nasty surprise with American food if you just wait another 15 years or so. You'll find that the older you get the more you will lose of your sense of smell and your sense of taste altogether, you won't even have the ability to taste extra-extra-extra spicy additives in American foods either. Your taste buds and olfactory senses will become numbed and no longer function properly from having built up a resistance and then becoming damaged due to you overdosing them on strong flavoured additives all your life.

I thought Cajun cuisine is more or less organic but they use a large variety of strong spices, the same should apply to Mexican food?

Old 04-25-2018, 04:08 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
I’ve lived in Portugal and Spain for 6 months. I’ve gone all over the continent and tried different types of cuisines. But one thing I’ve noticed is that the food is significantly worse than in America. It might be more organic and with less preservatives, but that doesn’t equate t actual flavor.
The food is laden with vegetables, which is a difficult concept for some Americans.

They grow in the ground and are much better for you than fast food and processed food.

The Mediterranean diet is widely recognised as one of the healthiest in the world.

Mediterranean diet - Wikipedia

Why are Mediterranean diets so healthy? | BBC Good Food

Last edited by Brave New World; 04-25-2018 at 04:17 AM..

Old 04-25-2018, 04:49 AM

2,869 posts, read 5,136,616 times
Quote:
All foods you listed, except American Italian, are regional foods from the South i.e. where you live. I sure as hell hope you guys can do it better than Europeans.

Sounds like you hoped you’d be traveling to a place with different landscapes, people and climate, but with the same food, and you’re frustrated to find out it isn’t the case. That’s no reason to generalize and make yourself look intolerant in the process.

Old 04-25-2018, 05:03 AM

1,145 posts, read 1,012,586 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSAqTdc-Y2g

Old 04-25-2018, 05:53 AM

9,290 posts, read 14,902,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Yeah they're not big on Twinkies, Ho Ho's, Kraft mac and cheese, TV dinners, Taco Bell, Little Caesars Pizzas and McDonalds in Europe. I think in general American taste buds are weird from all the artificial crap.
Very funny but it's not as if this is what we all eat. The natural food, organic, fresh farm grown, etc movement is very popular now across America.

Old 04-25-2018, 05:59 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,215 times
I've been all over Europe, Asia, and North America and the food is great everywhere.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:52 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,793,716 times
This could be true. When Americans go to Europe they eat in restaurants. When they stay home they eat at home. Maybe an American staying in Europe, cooking in his apartment everyday, might find that food not as good as the food he made in America at home.

European living standards aren't as high as American. Part of that would mean, or might mean, having to settle for lower quality food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe