Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Country with the worst food
Belgium 12 8.05%
England/Wales/Scotland/N. Ireland (UK) 86 57.72%
France 4 2.68%
Germany 20 13.42%
Greece 3 2.01%
Ireland 18 12.08%
Italy 1 0.67%
Portugal 2 1.34%
Spain 3 2.01%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 12:02 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,683,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Try finding it here or in the numerous other guides I am sick and tired of posting, the AA Guide is particuarly comprehensive.

Great British Chefs - Restaurants

Some more British Recipes -

British recipes | Jamie Oliver

British Seafood recipes | Cooked

The British Larder

As for finding what you said I didn'teven bother looking, as I have already read your posts and responded to them and and have no reason to re-read them.

However what you have just written is fairly typical of the type of post, which are often make little sense and are mainly some snobbish put down from the French regading that with BNW as ambassador, the curiosity is ephemeral for the British gastronomy.
No indeed, don't search, you will find that I barely mentioned the British gastronomy, much more trying to say your PoV was light years away from being absolute. I was just wondering how come someone ready to fight stereotypes about his country with that much energy can also fall into the trap of stereotypes himself.

Snobbish put down from the french?
So, you tackle the french food with stereotypes, it's normal.
I say nearly nothing at all about the British cuisine, saying you are saying wrong stuffs, having definitely a bad knowledge of french food, in parallel at the beginning I was curious about a cuisine unknown compare to the classic Italian and co, and I m a snobbish french?
great! So, what are you? Tell me? You are right, right?

Just come down to earth, you are really interesting because in this case, you are literally the kind of person that yourself you 'fight' on the forum when they throw their wrong and nasty science.
Just a fast check on your reactivity to condamn the -stupid- speech saying that British have bad teeth.

'I hate stereotypes about UK, so let's throw stereotypes'. Opening a thread to convince people to vote in favor of UK for a poll was just overkill... .

I don't care about British chef. I know they are outstanding pros, managing their business like Generals. Making food you remember your entire life. Why do I don't care? Because, hé, despite being french, that's not my core conception of food and cuisine, which is much more centered around family and sharing around good products but easy to access too. Even if I ve never been disappointed by a great restaurant.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:34 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
'I hate stereotypes about UK, so let's throw stereotypes'. Opening a thread to convince people to vote in favor of UK for a poll was just overkill... .
I think it's funny. Don't take it so seriously. . In fact, I bet that most of the votes for the UK were made by the OP, haha.

JUST KIDDING, op! Just kidding.

lol.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:34 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,673,639 times
Ripping on french food is a clear demonstration of a total lack of cooking knowledge. Basically all the fancy restaurants in any global city of status utilize french cooking techniques ie. Nouvelle Cuisine (some are asian influeced of course). Yeah, they may use an ingredient that is local, but the food is essentially prepared in a french way. I always get a laugh out of the term "California cuisine", it's basically french and italian food.

Old 05-17-2018, 03:38 PM

27,141 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Ripping on french food is a clear demonstration of a total lack of cooking knowledge. Basically all the fancy restaurants in any global city of status utilize french cooking techniques ie. Nouvelle Cuisine (some are asian influeced of course). Yeah, they may use an ingredient that is local, but the food is essentially prepared in a french way. I always get a laugh out of the term "California cuisine", it's basically french and italian food.

Still better than the food in Poland.

Last edited by Brave New World; 05-17-2018 at 04:35 PM..

Old 05-17-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
No indeed, don't search, you will find that I barely mentioned the British gastronomy, much more trying to say your PoV was light years away from being absolute. I was just wondering how come someone ready to fight stereotypes about his country with that much energy can also fall into the trap of stereotypes himself.

Snobbish put down from the french?
So, you tackle the french food with stereotypes, it's normal.
I say nearly nothing at all about the British cuisine, saying you are saying wrong stuffs, having definitely a bad knowledge of french food, in parallel at the beginning I was curious about a cuisine unknown compare to the classic Italian and co, and I m a snobbish french?
great! So, what are you? Tell me? You are right, right?

Just come down to earth, you are really interesting because in this case, you are literally the kind of person that yourself you 'fight' on the forum when they throw their wrong and nasty science.
Just a fast check on your reactivity to condamn the -stupid- speech saying that British have bad teeth.

I don't care about British chef. I know they are outstanding pros, managing their business like Generals. Making food you remember your entire life. Why do I don't care? Because, hé, despite being french, that's not my core conception of food and cuisine, which is much more centered around family and sharing around good products but easy to access too. Even if I ve never been disappointed by a great restaurant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BereniceUK View Post
I notice that Poland wasn't included in the poll. We wouldn't have been voted worst if it had.
Thanks Berenice.

@Pokitobounto - you are being played by a Pole called Vlajos trying to cause dissension and disharmony.

Poland of all places, which has a cusine which is on a par with what I feed my pets.

The fact he has never been to France or the UK doesn't seem to stop you from trying to cause dissension and disharmony.

I don't really care about France or any other cusines although I am sure they are better than the food in Poland.

Last edited by Brave New World; 05-17-2018 at 04:41 PM..

Old 05-18-2018, 01:43 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,593,334 times
Quote:
Still better than the food in Poland.

I am prepared to let a lot of this go, as some of you don’t seem to know too much about
good food, (à l’exception de Pokitobounto), but leave my bigos and pierogi out of it.

Old 05-18-2018, 04:34 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,686,325 times
People will interpret Food of other country based on stereotypes enforced by media or by limited knowledge of other country cuisine based on what is dished out in their country. In many Asian countries, American food means McDonald's, KFC. If asked this question to them, they will vote based on their liking of McDonald's, KFC.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
People will interpret Food of other country based on stereotypes enforced by media or by limited knowledge of other country cuisine based on what is dished out in their country. In many Asian countries, American food means McDonald's, KFC. If asked this question to them, they will vote based on their liking of McDonald's, KFC.
I think the French protest a little too much - LOL.

British food winning over the French | World news | The Guardian

France is loving a restaurant serving typical British food | World | Daily Express

Gordon Ramsay wins second Michelin star for his Bordeaux restaurant - The Telegraph

Even British many high street chains are increasingly healthy.

Freshly prepared food, organic coffee | Pret A Manger UK

EAT. Good mood food | Seasonal food and coffee you'll love

Natural, healthy food, made to order fresh everyday | Pure

Leon

Abokado

Marks and Spencer | Food-on-the-move

Healthy eating chain Freshii targets UK - Fruitnet.com

Organic food and drink sales rise to record levels in the UK - The Guardian

And there are numerous plant based restaurants such as the latest NYC based chain 'By Chloe'.

Calling LONDON! - by CHLOE.

The Best Vegetarian Restaurants In The UK - olive magazine

Vegetarian Restaurants In The UK And Ireland You Have To Try - Marie Claire

25 Meat-Free Maestros | London's Best Vegetarian Restaurants - Time Out

Best Vegetarian Restaurants In London | British Vogue

Last edited by Brave New World; 05-18-2018 at 05:46 AM..

Old 05-18-2018, 05:50 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,683,480 times
Quote:
Thanks Berenice.

@Pokitobounto - you are being played by a Pole called Vlajos trying to cause dissension and disharmony.

Poland of all places, which has a cusine which is on a par with what I feed my pets.

The fact he has never been to France or the UK doesn't seem to stop you from trying to cause dissension and disharmony.

I don't really care about France or any other cusines although I am sure they are better than the food in Poland.
Oh

I will chut then, cannot talk on a thread where a poll ranks UK badly, it means Im bashing.
I will talk on the other thread. But it's about american food, so I shouldn't pollute it too...

Don't be snobby with the polish food, don't look down like that, you just don't know it

Last edited by Pokitobounto; 05-18-2018 at 05:59 AM..

Old 05-18-2018, 06:16 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Right and this American hasn't eaten at either McDonald's or KFC in well over a decade. I don't have any problem 1) avoiding fast food, 2) finding fabulous restaurants locally, and 3) preparing fresh, locally produced meals, many of which have a decidedly Texas, Mexican, Cajun, or Asian twist to them since those spices and cuisines are especially popular in my particular area.

Sometimes I do have to order spices from other regions or countries online but heck, that's super easy. For instance, I wanted some Old Bay the other day and ordered it rather than try to hunt it down in this area. When I lived in the Chesapeake Bay area it was everywhere, but here people prefer Cajun spice blends when boiling seafood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe